• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

The URL you found is just a URL used by the server, so it's no big deal. That being said, if you think anything might look fishy in the future, it would be better to post in the Contact the Staff board instead.

is the word FOR in block caps banned on profile status or smth?? i keep trying to type it but it blocks it out as if its a swear word???

is the word FOR in block caps banned on profile status or smth?? i keep trying to type it but it blocks it out as if its a swear word???

Unless it's changed, it's case insensitive. Will just quote this each time it gets asked. Sorry, I know this isn't much of an answer/solution.

Why can't you say "for" in your user title? I tried chaning my user title to "Hungry for TBT", then "Looking for TBT", but the word "for" is being censored. What happened?

Seems to be an issue with the censor system. Until this gets proper attention, just bypass it with something like "Hungry for TBT" (the O is a special character - shouldn't be noticeable at first glance) or remove the for altogether with something such as "Wanting TBT".

Last edited:
Will there ever be a Avatar Height extension in the shop? :(

Last edited:
Unless it's changed, it's case insensitive. Will just quote this each time it gets asked. Sorry, I know this isn't much of an answer/solution.

If a word is censored in a usertitle, it is censored for a reason. Please do not promote the use of censor bypassing.

So why is a seemingly harmless word censored then :T..

"used to indicate the place someone or something is going to or toward. —used to indicate the person or thing that something is sent or given to. —used to indicate the thing that something is meant to be used with"

If a word is censored in a usertitle, it is censored for a reason. Please do not promote the use of censor bypassing.

So I'm guessing you don't want us using the word "for" in our user titles at all. Care to explain why? Or is this some privileged information that only the staff should know?

So I'm guessing you don't want us using the word "for" in our user titles at all. Care to explain why? Or is this some privileged information that only the staff should know?

So if I make my user title "En-sicksty-for" then I'll automatically get a suspension for putting "for" in there? Smh :p
Idk I'm just bein a loser today

But this is only censor bypassing because a word which shouldn't be censored is being censored. I'm assuming it's mistakenly censored, but if there's a reason why this common word shouldn't be allowed in user titles yet is perfectly acceptable everywhere else, then please do elaborate.

But this is only censor bypassing because a word which shouldn't be censored is being censored. I'm assuming it's mistakenly censored, but if there's a reason why this common word shouldn't be allowed in user titles yet is perfectly acceptable everywhere else, then please do elaborate.

I'll give you that classified information in exchange for a permaban.

I see now. Not only the word "for" is forbidden in user titles, but that's also something the staff will never explain why they don't allow it.

I can always switch IP and email addresses to make a new account. Everyone will know it's still me because I'll PM every non-snitching non-moderator/non-admin out there. TheBellTree.Exposed is ?3.01 for the first year. Tempting. I will spill your secrets, so you may as well make them public.

Out of curiosity, if I made some software just for you, would you install it, log out of TBT and log back in again, being sure to type your password in such a way that it would be easy to find in the keystroke log?

I can always switch IP and email addresses to make a new account. Everyone will know it's still me because I'll PM every non-snitching non-moderator/non-admin out there. TheBellTree.Exposed is ?3.01 for the first year. Tempting. I will spill your secrets, so you may as well make them public.

Out of curiosity, if I made some software just for you, would you install it, log out of TBT and log back in again, being sure to type your password in such a way that it would be easy to find in the keystroke log?

Rather not trigger him lol

I'm probably going to guess why it's forbidden.

I'm guessing that the staff don't want users putting in requests in their user titles, probably because it sounds like they are begging for something. They already set the bumping rule to 4 hours (8 hours on the amiibo card trading post), and are trying to get people to be patient when it's taking a long time. Or it could be that some would say something like "looking for you" in their user titles, which may lead to harassment (depending on the case). I don't know which reason it is, but I'm guessing that it's a privileged system.

At least we can say "for" like this.

Forforforforforforforforforforforforforffffffffff-

Maybe "for" isn't just about language, maybe it could be coding. Or something about the word made the staff so angry that they hate it now.

- - - Post Merge - - -

And couldn't you just say it like "f0r" or "f?r" or something?

Yikes, this is turning into something just a liiiiiitle bit bigger than it needs to...

I'll go ahead and put things to rest I suppose. The word "for" isn't actually meant to be censored and we've been looking into the issue over the past day or so. It has nothing to do with any of the hypothesized reasons, it's just a silly error and we'll see what we can do to fix it.

That said, there are certain words and phrases that are blocked from being used in user titles beyond the curse words that are censored forum-wide. Not offensive words or slurs or anything of that nature, just words that don't belong in user titles for various reasons that we prefer not to share publicly.

Yikes, this is turning into something just a liiiiiitle bit bigger than it needs to...

I'll go ahead and put things to rest I suppose. The word "for" isn't actually meant to be censored and we've been looking into the issue over the past day or so. It has nothing to do with any of the hypothesized reasons, it's just a silly error and we'll see what we can do to fix it.

That said, there are certain words and phrases that are blocked from being used in user titles beyond the curse words that are censored forum-wide. Not offensive words or slurs or anything of that nature, just words that don't belong in user titles for various reasons that we prefer not to share publicly.
I knew it, cause why the heck would "for" be censored?

So requests like in the Re-Tail and TBT Marketplace are allowed in user titles after all?

Back