• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

It's not. (And why in the hell do you even know all that for such a worthless addition to the forum but not know what I'm trying to get across?)

The uploader really only causes confusion and is the worst option for adding images to the forum, so I think it's a very valid question considering it's been ignored for several pages now.

Sorry. Was tired and misread "the image uploader" as "uploaded images" or something along those lines.

The image uploader is probably here to stay, if only to avoid the hassle of doing anything about it. I think it exists with all of its compression to avoid them having to pay for more storage from people uploading large images, but it seems flawed and inconsistent. The best option would probably be to strongly recommend embedding images from your own website/blog or websites such as Imgur.

I never said it was an invalid question. Your best bet is probably harassing Jeremy, though. I'm in no position to say much other than vague suggestions.

Sorry. Was tired and misread "the image uploader" as "uploaded images" or something along those lines.

The image uploader is probably here to stay, if only to avoid the hassle of doing anything about it. I think it exists with all of its compression to avoid them having to pay for more storage from people uploading large images, but it seems flawed and inconsistent. The best option would probably be to strongly recommend embedding images from your own website/blog or websites such as Imgur.

I never said it was an invalid question. Your best bet is probably harassing Jeremy, though. I'm in no position to say much other than vague suggestions.

Hey man, I appreciate you trying to help but you are neither a mod or admin. You have been reiterating everything I've said while explaining TBT to me, a user for 8 years. Please stop.

Not at this time.

Oh. Thanks I guess.

I miss ZetaBoards.

Hey man, I appreciate you trying to help but you are neither a mod or admin. You have been reiterating everything I've said while explaining TBT to me, a user for 8 years. Please stop.
*doesn't check join dates or post counts*

Anyway, this is the last reply you'll see from me here. Have a good day.

Speaking personally and not necessarily for the site as a whole or what we may do in the future, I don't see why it should be removed. It's still helpful for users who do not understand external upload sites or do not care to learn about them, you would be doing a disservice to those people to remove it entirely from them. It is a bit of a disaster for large uploads, but for small uploads like Animal Crossing: New Leaf screenshots, it works just fine. And that's arguably the most important type of upload for our forum. We can probably make some adjustments to improve it for other uploads in the future, rather than just ripping it out.

Is there any way to reorder your collectibles in the sidebar? I really love having stuff grouped together and organised and I see some people have been able to do it, unless I'm mistaken?

Is there any way to reorder your collectibles in the sidebar? I really love having stuff grouped together and organised and I see some people have been able to do it, unless I'm mistaken?

Collectibles are ordered from the most recently bought collectible to the oldest, so your best bet would be trading with someone to get them in the order you would like.

Collectibles are ordered from the most recently bought collectible to the oldest, so your best bet would be trading with someone to get them in the order you would like.

Aw, for real? I was just gifted a couple of things randomly and it's put the rose in the middle of my lights but I don't have the heart the bother anyone to trade it lol. Oh well, the lights are temporary so I guess it'll fix itself after December. Thanks for answering my question!

The forum has been experiencing issues loading in the last few days, but we are looking into it.

edit: It's running better now, but I will be monitoring it.

Last edited:
Back