• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

The Information Desk: Ask questions about the site here!

how do u make a spoiler tab

[ Spoiler]
[ /Spoiler]

♥ If you want to write something instead of the word 'Spoiler' showing:

[ Spoiler = Example! ]
[ /Spoiler ]

(✿◠‿◠) Make sure to place each line of code underneath each other! ? ▽ ` )ノ

Last edited:
My thread says it's has unread posts, but when I click to view them, the link leads to the top of the thread. When I scroll down, none of the new posts show. I even made a new post this morning and it isn't there. I've logged out and back in and the problem persists. Tips? Hints? Why. :c

EDIT: I fixed it. Don't know how. Edited the first post and it worked afterwards. Weird. Sorry about that!

Last edited:
My thread says it's has unread posts, but when I click to view them, the link leads to the top of the thread. When I scroll down, none of the new posts show. I even made a new post this morning and it isn't there. I've logged out and back in and the problem persists. Tips? Hints? Why. :c

EDIT: I fixed it. Don't know how. Edited the first post and it worked afterwards. Weird. Sorry about that!

Yeah this happens to me too if I post and it starts a new page, but only sometimes. It's really bothersome, I thought I had been moderated the first time it happened lol. No idea what causes it but it seems to be a common occurrence.

Yeah this happens to me too if I post and it starts a new page, but only sometimes. It's really bothersome, I thought I had been moderated the first time it happened lol. No idea what causes it but it seems to be a common occurrence.

this hosting platform glitches re new posts sometimes. it happens several times a day, usually across the entire forum best i can tell. sometimes the new post is there but won't appear until somebody makes a follow on post to sort of unjam the thread... you get used to it...

I have two questions for the staff:

1. When the staff (and other members) said I need to respect their decisions, what do they mean? I may not agree with some of them, but I wouldn't protest them.

AND

2. Are there any serious questions the staff don't answer? If yes, which questions are you gonna answer and which ones are more likely to be ignored? I asked several questions and got answers from the staff, but when I asked about the Pokeball restocks and why they didn't stock the Pokeballs for the Sun and Moon event, they ignored them.

I'm trying to change my username and I want to put a period at the end and it won't work. I know I've seen users with a period in their username so I'm not sure why it's not working...

I'm trying to change my username and I want to put a period at the end and it won't work. I know I've seen users with a period in their username so I'm not sure why it's not working...

It's a glitch with the username changes. You can open a support ticket in the Contact the Staff board and an admin can assist.

1. When the staff (and other members) said I need to respect their decisions, what do they mean? I may not agree with some of them, but I wouldn't protest them.

AND

2. Are there any serious questions the staff don't answer? If yes, which questions are you gonna answer and which ones are more likely to be ignored? I asked several questions and got answers from the staff, but when I asked about the Pokeball restocks and why they didn't stock the Pokeballs for the Sun and Moon event, they ignored them.
1. Mostly that you respect what we do. We don't expect everyone to agree with everything we do, but at the same time we aim to make decisions based off a consensus of what we think is best for the whole of the community. Users are welcome to respectfully disagree or voice other opinions, but not everything is open to user feedback.

2. I don't like answering questions I don't have answers to, nor do I really have to answer every single question. I don't have an answer for the Pokeball restocks nor am I really at liberty to say whether or not we had plans to begin with. Users merely expected it, it's not something we always need to do necessarily.

Now if there was an actual serious question, I would be more than happy to try to assist in the best way possible to the best of my knowledge. I would not classify restocks as serious questions.

AND

1) More or less you just need to accept their opinion, drop it and move on. Numerous times in the past you've posted about a particular situation time and time again, even months after it's happened when it's no longer relevant. It just comes off that you can't deal with or accept differentiating opinions when you keep bringing them up at every chance you get.

2) It comes down to what information we want users to know - if it's not really any of their business then we're not going to disclose any information about it. For example, knowing why another user was banned is nobody's business but the user in question and staff, which is why we don't comment on them. As for stuff such as upcoming events, collectibles, and restocks, where's the fun in it if we were to announce every 5 seconds what we were planning on doing for the next 5 months? Essentially we keep tight lipped on stuff that isn't in the interest of users until we are ready to publicly post about it. With the Pokeball, it's just like any other collectible - we've never really said in advance that a certain collectible is coming up (excluding ones in sets like flowers and birthstones, etc), most of the time we just post when they're released (clover, mushroom, party popper, etc), and that's that.
Basically if you're asking a question that has to do with the inside operations of how the staff work or do things, it's probably going to be ignored.

1. Mostly that you respect what we do. We don't expect everyone to agree with everything we do, but at the same time we aim to make decisions based off a consensus of what we think is best for the whole of the community. Users are welcome to respectfully disagree or voice other opinions, but not everything is open to user feedback.

2. I don't like answering questions I don't have answers to, nor do I really have to answer every single question. I don't have an answer for the Pokeball restocks nor am I really at liberty to say whether or not we had plans to begin with. Users merely expected it, it's not something we always need to do necessarily.

Now if there was an actual serious question, I would be more than happy to try to assist in the best way possible to the best of my knowledge. I would not classify restocks as serious questions.

Thanks for clarifying on the first question. If you want to know what I don't agree with the staff, there's very little I don't agree with. But one thing I'm against is the ban policy on permabans, where it never happens no matter how much they act up. I like how Jeremy is giving extra chances to everyone who got in trouble, but there are some members, including future members, that are legitimately lost causes. No matter how much we warn them or penalize them, they always keep getting in trouble. There are no specific cases, but I'm just stating my opinion.

For the second part, I respected the staff almost the whole time I was on here, and I appreciate the work they did. Yet, they have disappointed us on some events. It was more than just the Pokeballs. We didn't get the Franklin collectible. Even the 2015 New Years' event was a bummer since we didn't get the party popper collectible. I can understand that the staff is busy, but it's disappointing that they didn't release collectibles on the same events they released collectibles on before.

For the second part, I respected the staff almost the whole time I was on here, and I appreciate the work they did. Yet, they have disappointed us on some events. It was more than just the Pokeballs. We didn't get the Franklin collectible. Even the 2015 New Years' event was a bummer since we didn't get the party popper collectible. I can understand that the staff is busy, but it's disappointing that they didn't release collectibles on the same events they released collectibles on before.

Collectibles are a privilege, not a right. It's rather selfish (and somewhat unrealistic) to take them for granted and assume there will be a collectible at any given chance.

It comes down to what information we want users to know - if it's not really any of their business then we're not going to disclose any information about it. For example, knowing why another user was banned is nobody's business but the user in question and staff, which is why we don't comment on them. As for stuff such as upcoming events, collectibles, and restocks, where's the fun in it if we were to announce every 5 seconds what we were planning on doing for the next 5 months? Essentially we keep tight lipped on stuff that isn't in the interest of users until we are ready to publicly post about it. With the Pokeball, it's just like any other collectible - we've never really said in advance that a certain collectible is coming up (excluding ones in sets like flowers and birthstones, etc), most of the time we just post when they're released (clover, mushroom, party popper, etc), and that's that.
Basically if you're asking a question that has to do with the inside operations of how the staff work or do things, it's probably going to be ignored.

Thanks. That's all I need to know. So other than questions on someone elses' suspensions and infractions, joke questions, irrelevant questions, and insider information on events, collectibles, and other staff projects, the staff would answer almost every question posted on this thread.

is there a way to request a username change? and if not, how do i delete this account? i don't want this username anymore. ;-;

is there a way to request a username change? and if not, how do i delete this account? i don't want this username anymore. ;-;

You can purchase a username change from the shop using TBT. New accounts are not permitted without extenuating circumstances.

Can I have my username change back? You guys deleted it from my account for NO REASON!

Can I have my username change back? You guys deleted it from my account for NO REASON!

Having both Apple2012 and Apple2013 on this site confuses the hell out of me. Isn't there some rule against user impersonation?

Last edited:
Having both Apple2012 and Apple2013 on this site confuses the hell out of me. Isn't there some rule against user impersonation?

I don't know. The mods set my name to this though so apparently not? Pretty sure it was Tina.

Back