• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

The Adventure for Villagers: Easy, Medium, or Hard?

Is getting your dream villagers hard?

• It's so easy!

Votes: 9 16.7%
  • It's not hard but it's not easy.

Votes: 24 44.4%
  • It takes me AGES to get my dreamies.

Votes: 21 38.9%

• Total voters
To be honest, I don't have any dreamies, so it isn't an issue for me. All the villagers I got are new to me, and while I wasn't sure about some of them at first, they've grown on me and I am happy to have them. Right now, I don't foresee letting any of them move out, but that may change down the line, although a few will always remain in Salem.

I think part of the game is in dealing with the villagers you get, whether they are "perfect" or not. It goes along with not being able to veto where houses end up. It's part of what makes things interesting.

I've done really well tbh
got Vesta, Stitches, Muffy & Freya
all for free off members on here..
Rolf, Apple, Willow were in my original 5

Marshal will be so hard to get though, so im going to wait until i have no smug but every other personality, then reset plots, since only smug ones will appear

Last edited:
They're easy to obtain: I got most of my desired villagers without any help - even before I got my second copy. Being patient is the hard part.

It's only difficult because I got an unwanted villager and lost Hamlet twice. Carmen, I'm still waiting for her, and for me, that's it. I'm also looking for my sister's City Folk friends - Sally the Normal Squirrel and another Truffles the Peppy Pig because she really wants them.

I've had a pretty easy time of it, but I was lucky enough to get Bruce from the start, Zell without even resetting, Diana and Marshal camped of their own accord too. And then I have a spare town which started with Fauna ~ so she was easy to move over and I had to reset a bit for Papi.

So without even hunting around on here I managed 6 of my favourites, and there are only 2 more permanent villagers I want. - And I'm not in a rush to have my perfect set anyway, I just hope to have them by Christmas.

It's definitely going easier than my quest for PWP.

Last edited:
I think it varies from moderate to difficult if you're like me and don't time travel (this will actually be my first AC game where I don't), depending on who your dreamies are. Of my dreamies, Knox and Astrid don't seem to be very popular at all, but Julian and Lucky are gone almost the second they're posted. There's also the issue of having nine or ten villagers and having to wait around until one you want to move out is ready to.

Last edited:
To be honest, I don't have any dreamies, so it isn't an issue for me. All the villagers I got are new to me, and while I wasn't sure about some of them at first, they've grown on me and I am happy to have them. Right now, I don't foresee letting any of them move out, but that may change down the line, although a few will always remain in Salem.

I think part of the game is in dealing with the villagers you get, whether they are "perfect" or not. It goes along with not being able to veto where houses end up. It's part of what makes things interesting.
Totally agree with you! I think it takes some fun out of the game if you're too controlling of everything. I like going with the flow! I've grown to like my villagers, and I look forward to meeting lots of new ones :)

I've had pretty good luck in that I've been graciously given two of my 'dream' villagers for free so far.
My search for them is fairly casual, though. I've started being a little bit more relaxed regarding the villagers in my town, and I try not to center my gameplay around trying to get particular villagers. If I happen to have space, and happen to come across someone giving away a villager I want, that's great. If not, well, I guess there's always next time.

But you can have dreamies and still have new villagers. I don't have ten dreamies, and a lot of others don't. So when someone new moves in, I can have that experience since I'm still looking for dreamies.

I made my dreamies from one out of each personality then zell and merengue on top!
I'm not sure whether I want zell anymore though!
Anytime someone offers me a dreamie they reply 5 minutes later either 'lost in tt accident or someone else wanted them- I'll hope your understand'

Back