Purple Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Yellow Balloon
Perfect Apple
New Leaf Token
Perfect Cherry
Pink Balloon
I first saw Animal Crossing New Leaf when my Uncle was playing it at my house. The only thing I remeber about it was that it was raining and he was digging up star on the ground. I don't remeber seeing any other features even the animal villagers, the shops, or his house. I remember thinking, this is a different game from what I have seen before. About a year later, I get my first DS. The Nintendo 3DS XL. I had a choice between two games I could get, Lugi's Mansion Dark Moon, and Animal Crossing New Leaf. I chose Lugi's Mansion Dark Moon. Sadly, I would not get ACNL for another few months. Going foward, it is my Birthday and I get ACNL. I was kind of excited I think, and I believe I played that day. I first opened the game and after all the stuff that happens when you start, I start grinding to get 10,000 Bells to pay off Tom Nooks, fee. I believe I went arounf and got like anything to sell, and remember thinking after I sold a darner dragonfly for 200 Bells, "Thats not a bad price, I only need like 50 more of these". After I got the 10k Bells, I payed off my Home loan and excited the game. When I came back later, this weird mole guy was yelling at me about saving my game (Mr. Ressti). Me, not paying attention to much of it just joined back into the game and found that my house was gone and I would have to pay the 10K AGAIN. I did this about 1-2 times more before having to look up how to save the game. I do remeber though that the 2nd or third time I payed off the 10k Bells, I went to reatil and sold 10k worth of fossils. I was so excied becuase I did not know fossils were worth so much. Thats about it about what I remember when I started ACNL!

I first got my ACNL around the time it came out, but I put off playing it because I knew how time consuming it would be if I got into it.

I bought it because I played all the other previous installments of Animal Crossing and enjoyed them, so I figured I'd enjoy this one, too.

At first, I didn't like how tall the human characters were or how tall some of the animal villagers looked and I thought it looked weird, so I was kinda doubtful I'd get into New Leaf and be hooked in the long term, but once I did give it a go, I was instantly addicted to it and I liked all the new features that came with it, like shoes, skirt, leggings, socks and pants.

The only thing I'm not a real fan of is the music and dialogue, which is what's really killing my enjoyment, but I do still love New Leaf for the customizations, town decorations, dressing up and item collecting. Hopefully Horizon will be better.

The whole reason I got into Animal Crossing at all was the trophies advertising the game on Melee, but once I played the first one everything about it was awesome.

i had always wanted to get into animal crossing new leaf (all my friends raved about how amazing + stress reducing it was) but i was never sure exactly how to play? however, after watching some dream town tour videos/looking through acnl pinterest, i began to gain inspiration and wanted nothing more than to have my own beautiful town. i finally decided to pick up my copy of acnl and start on my journey! despite the initial chore of getting those mayor approval points, i finally saw what all the love was about. my first days included interacting with my villagers (especially tia, who has become one of my most beloved dreamies) and exploring town mechanics. i'll admit though, i had like zero to no acnl knowledge so i was lost on how to earn bells or where to start on decorating my town. but now that i'm more informed + with help from the tbt community, i feel like i've come a long way from when i first started playing acnl!

I had been waiting for it for like 3 years? I had played acww incessantly and watched ac videos all the time. Animal crossing is the perfect game for me so I was excited to play. it absolutely cemented my love for ac even more. ill always remember being a little kid absolutely engrossed in the game one day and i just remember it raining and the amazing acww music playing and me walking along the beach twiddling my umbrella. Anyway, i was very eager to experience it again. When i got it, I actually thought it was really underwhelming. I remember being confused that all the main street shops were locked and (i still am) frustrated with how hard it was to get pwps. Getting my approval rating was so difficult. I had a lot more online friends back in those days though and we'd all visit each other's towns. I'll always remember my little internet boyfriend at the time and me laughing over skype when i tried to plant a perfect orange but instead filled the hole and dropped the orange on the floor.

I used to be a second character in my baby girl's town and that was how I started playing NL.
What made me feel excited & surprised was how we can be together and yet can move around individually in the same game!
There was this another girl who used to hangout with us a lot in both real and NL at the time. Her native fruit was orange and I still remember how bad I wanted perfect oranges each time I saw her trees. This affected me to be still being obsessed with perfect fruits to this day.

I started with Wild World because my friend had it and she let me borrow it and I became obsessed with it! I played for maybe a year then when I went shopping with my mum in 2014 I saw New Leaf on the shelf and was surprised cause I didn't even know there was a new one, she bought it for me and I was immediately addicted once again. I stopped playing around the start of 2016 then recently got back it into about March this year when i found out about the Welcome Amiibo update (yes I know its been out since 2017 but I only heard about it then) and once again I am addicted.

I've been playing Animal Crossing ever since I was about 5-6. So getting New Leaf was already in my plans ever since it had gotten announced. I told my mom to preorder it (and she did) and I got the LAST copy of New Leaf at my Gamestop. Felt sorry for the person behind me who wanted it but :( when I got into the car to go home, I opened it and played all day. I remember the approval rating was so hard to finish because I didn't want to time travel in order to make the process go faster. Eventually, a few months after the WA update came out I got tired of the game and stopped playing until recently. I'm trying to complete my Pucca themed town before New Horizons comes out.

In about 2013 (?) I had a cousin who I was really good friends with and I slept over with her one night and she let me play ACNL on her DS and I was like :eek:. So fast forward to this year and I saw a post on Twitter of someone's really cute ACNL town and remembered that the game existed and how badly I wanted it since I was a kid and finally bought it for myself. Best decision I ever made, tbh.

I had not played an Animal Crossing game or kept up with the franchise since the original GameCube version. I don't really follow video game news to be honest, so I didn't even know there were new games.

Then, my husband started watching Chuggaconroy's Let's Play of New Leaf. It made me feel really nostalgic and I just couldn't fight the urge to play again. So I bought a copy of New Leaf and I've been playing it ever since.

The first few days were mostly about me getting grounded again, remembering how to do things, etc. I didn't rush things so it took me a while to get my approval rating up, but I didn't mind. I took my time and went with the flow because that's what I've always loved most about the game. You can go at whatever pace you want.

I have been a longtime fan of the series, so of course I wanted to get New Leaf! I got the game within month of the US release, before then I watched the game a bunch from other people to get an idea of what I wanted for my town. I was glued to the game a fair bit after that... I would always do the house upgrades in one go with a ton of island farming.

I'm probably one of the newest person to play this game. So last July i found this game when i was looking for 3DS games to play using 3DS Emulator, Citra. The first game i had in mind was this game since i wondered why alot of people liked it and why did they overly hyped for the next AC game, so then yeah i tried it.

After few days of playing it, i realized, this IS my kind of game. I greatly enjoyed it

I was food shopping with my mum in Tesco in the 2013 summer holidays, we always went upstairs to look at the games and electronics that used to be up there. I had got my 3ds for Christmas and still (somehow) had some Xmas money left over, I was looking at my usual pick, the Mario games (cannot remember which) when acnl caught my eye. I picked it up and had a read of the box and create your own town and be the mayor really reeled me in! I didn?t have a phone so there was no way I could look it up, it was ?30 which we thought was a lot for a game I knew nothing of, and had no idea if I?d like. I was going to get a different game, but I ended up putting it back.

We were about to go down the escalator when I ran back and grabbed it, and let me tell you, within the first hour I was certain that it was ?30 well spent! I remember living in the tent like it was yesterday, and how small my house was, how bare Main Street was, and how crazy expensive and hard to earn 1000 bells was! I cleared all the beaches and even sold flowers as it took me so long to get a hold of all the basic tools! I also remember when I had skipped a day, and woke up to a house being built right in front of mine, completely obscuring my view! It?s a shame too as it was Phoebe, who was super lovely but her house was in such a bad place! I miss my original villagers, it was definitely sad when they moved out, wish I?d have kept them and not been so blas?!

I've been a long time fan practically since Wild World back in like 2006, I think? Can't remember if it was then or 2005 when it first came out. Anyway, I played every game since Wild World and when I first learned of New Leaf coming out in 2013, I got real excited. I even had a little countdown to it's release date. Anyway, I remembered the first day I played it, I put my house in between the river right by the beach. I'm still surprised to this day I remember that, but I always remembered it being by the beach.

When I saw the wharf roach on my first day, I practically ran after it, but it got away because I didn't realized that you could sneak up on it and that you had to be real slow to catch it. I was bug catching there at the beach at the time. xD I found it really fun that there was new bugs and fish in New Leaf and I can't wait for the new game to come out next year, but that's all I can remember from my first day. :)

I was playing Smash Brothers Ultimate and was browsing around the sub Reddit and seeing people talking about Isabelle and the villager characters. Someone asked about Animal Crossing, like what game they were from, what was the game like, etc. A lot of people were saying it was a chill game like Stardew Valley or Harvest Moon, so I decided to go buy a copy and give it a whirl. After playing ridiculous amounts of Monster Hunter on my 3DS, AC was just the ticket to taking a break from Dreadking Rathalos.

I made some stupid mistakes on my first few days as mayor, like feeding my only perfect cherry to Flip and unknowingly loading my villager's houses up with ugly crap, but the fishing, bug catching and customization of the town and my character's houses has been crazy fun. The only downside is that I've been playing so long that I've already forgotten the controls for MH. That's going to be fun when I get back to it, lol.

I was considering buying a new 3DS game for my birthday and was looking at some games when I remembered my cousins years ago were talking about AC (it was probably ACCF, but I really don't remember). But anyways, I asked one of my friends what he thought of the game and he said it was a lot of fun. So I searched for stores that had a physical copy and managed to find a Best buy that had 3 or so left. I got my brother to drive me there and found they didn't have any copies readily available. I asked a clerk if they had AC, he immediately asked me "for the Switch?" (I think this was the day after the Nintendo Direct at E3) but I elaborated on what I wanted and he managed to find a copy locked in one of the shelves. My first few days of playing the game was just me learning how everything worked and all the new things that would come up from time to time. I made several mistakes that I kind of regret doing like selling off my perfect pears and the peaches Isabelle gave me, but it was a really exciting couple of days.

one of my friends had gotten it for their birthday and started talking to me about it one day at school. i remember them telling me about how it started off real slow and boring, you had to catch and sell a bunch of stuff to get started, and i kept thinking it sounded like a super chill game that i would really enjoy.
i don't remember exactly when i asked for it, probably got it for my birthday. i remember being so excited as i booted it up and feeling this rush of happiness seeing rover for the first time lol. it was the first 3ds game i got that i truly loved !
i didn't really have a plan for my first town, just kinda rolled with it. i remember at one point (when i didn't know about tting & all the guides that are out there) i sold all the flowers, fruit and shells in my town just bc i was so desperate to pay off that first 10k loan. my town looked really sad for a while after that lmao

i started playing on july 13 2013 i was 9, i dont remember much except i named my first town sunny it had apple trees and i was obsessed with penelope, molly and the song bubblegum k.k

Animal Crossing had been my favorite game series for many years so naturally I was looking forward to this new game. I was more excited for New Leaf than I was for any other game, before or since. There were so many interesting new features that I could hardly wait to try it out. The week before release was agonizing and I remember constantly watching videos about New Leaf to try to pass the time. Then when it was finally released, I headed to one of the stores in my area (I forget which one) and purchased a copy on day one. As soon as I got home, I started up the game and founded my first town. The layout was decent, probably not something I would play in now, but workable. The only starting villager in my town I remember was Flip because he stayed with me for many years. I thoroughly enjoyed my time in my old town and played it for years on a regular basis. Even though I ended up deleting it, I'm glad I was able to play there during the time it gave me enjoyment.

I was really obsessed with pretty much every AC version beforehand, so when I bought it I played it obsessively for days and even snuck it in to work to play it. I got pretty bored with it after a couple of months, but I remember I did look up a lot of guides for it too. I didn?t ever get into trades or anything like that for it, I didn?t work on changing my towns landscape at all, I kinda just let whoever move in and stay there, and I worked on catching bugs a lot.

okay here it goes....
My uncle bought a games in a sd card which had wild world on it. I havent played it since due to the fact i have been stuck on the booker/copper gate, trying to get out.

Then pocket camp came in. I played it so much (i cant find my ipad anymore)

Found the 3ds emulator Citra and tried New Leaf. ( i have 3 towns on citra right now)
I thought it was fun but i didnt have a 3ds yet.

When i got my 3ds, welcome amiibo has arrived already. My sis wants to play it so why not get it. I got tybalt as a welcome amiibo card bonus when i got the game hahaha. He is in my town now HAHA

Back