• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT's Farewell to New Leaf: Closing Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't participate in the event or anything, I just wanted to say that the text crawl in the banner is a really clever touch. Whoever designed that deserves to have their Bell Tree salary doubled.

Of course, zero doubled is still zero, so I'm not sure if it will help.

Congratulations to all the winners! 🎉🎊 I had some real life commitments that kept me busy during this event but I'm so so thankful for all the kind words about my towns for those who visited for the Sweet Dreams initiative. Like many others here, New Leaf was my introduction to the franchise and the reason I even joined this forum back in 2013. The game holds so much nostalgic memories and I'm glad to see everyone come together to give it the send off it deserves.

Late to the party but I'm glad I got to participate in some capacity. I wish I had remembered to bring my 3DS where I am so I could hang out with everyone in-game for the last time.

I joined TBT back in 2014 so I could improve my ACNL experience and being here has improved so much more than that! Thank you TBT and ACNL! I'll never forget all the good times.

Congrats event winners and hope to see everyone at the egg hunt!

Is the plan still to close the shop in the evening of the 28th or is it going to be closing earlier because I don’t know whether to panic spend my tokens this very second or hold out and see if anyone will fruit trade with me last minute 🥺

Is the plan still to close the shop in the evening of the 28th or is it going to be closing earlier because I don’t know whether to panic spend my tokens this very second or hold out and see if anyone will fruit trade with me last minute 🥺

Nothing is going anywhere until at least Thursday evening in my time zone of PDT! It's possible things will remain until sometime Friday too, I just prefer to give the earliest possible scenario, so nobody gets mad at me for missing out. :p

So, since this whole thing has started and I’ve said it before how it just absolutely took me down memory lane and all that fun stuff. I actually just looked up a couple of things that took me back to 2013 when a bunch of us all got together and started a really big cycling Group. I think I’m the only active one here left out of that group which is a little sad of course and I know I’ve had times where I’ve been completely gone from here for a few months or so, but I always come back!!! Sighhhh I really wonder how some of those people are doing now.

Yo I keep getting emails about this what do we do?
Post automatically merged:

Is zipper supposed to be floating up all large like that btw it gave me a shock

Last edited:
Thanks for that event. I really missed those tours with everybody and mini games, I'm still playing to New Leaf but for how long? I don't know, the 3ds is getting old and buttons are not always working. I will really miss that game, it has in own charms event if I got mad at Isabelle and the bridges quite often. I played 3981 times on the second 3ds and probably just as much on the first and I still didn't finish my rooms and town. What am I doing? :LOL: It was really nice to play again with everybody, it won't be the same without all of you.

Mentally preparing for the next egg hunt, but I really don't know what to expect. I'm preparing food in advance because I will probably stay glued to a screen for the next 3 days. I even practiced a bit on a app, looking through flyers to find the egg. I'm now conditioned to click on any Easter eggs I see, even on paper flyers.

Also wondering if I should draw another ugly avatar with my big fingers or just take an old one.

Thanks for that event. I really missed those tours with everybody and mini games, I'm still playing to New Leaf but for how long? I don't know, the 3ds is getting old and buttons are not always working. I will really miss that game, it has in own charms event if I got mad at Isabelle and the bridges quite often. I played 3981 times on the second 3ds and probably just as much on the first and I still didn't finish my rooms and town. What am I doing? :LOL: It was really nice to play again with everybody, it won't be the same without all of you.

Mentally preparing for the next egg hunt, but I really don't know what to expect. I'm preparing food in advance because I will probably stay glued to a screen for the next 3 days. I even practiced a bit on a app, looking through flyers to find the egg. I'm now conditioned to click on any Easter eggs I see, even on paper flyers.

Also wondering if I should draw another ugly avatar with my big fingers or just take an old one.
What are the egg hunts like? They sound very intense 😂

It changes, but it's sort of like a handful to find that are in the form of a riddle/puzzle. You need to decipher them and figure out what they might be or where they might be in the forum.

Reactions: Doo
Usually a bunch of riddles and you either look all over threads with the hints or try to figure out a code to enter.
It changes, but it's sort of like a handful to find that are in the form of a riddle/puzzle. You need to decipher them and figure out what they might be or where they might be in the forum.
Ah okay, thank you!

Ah okay, thank you!
To add onto what Seastar and -Blue- said, I’d also recommend looking at previous years’ egg hunts to get a general idea of how they work and what to expect! This is the thread for last year’s egg hunt, if you want to give it a look! You don’t need to look through the entire thread (since 66 pages is a lot 😅), just the first post should be enough to give you an idea of what to expect tomorrow!

They got easier with the time, but sometimes there are still evil clues. In the past the search button was disabled and we were not allowed to ask hints. That's why some eggs are rare and expensive.

It's still intense, we will probably cry a little bit.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back