• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

TBT's Farewell to New Leaf: Closing Ceremony

Status
Not open for further replies.
Congratulations to all of the winners, and a huge thank you to all of you who participated! There were so many amazing entries and it was so nice to read through all of your memories, look at your scrapbooks, and snoop through your houses (... and your towns at the same time). It was extremely difficult to pick favourites and I got super emotional looking through the entries! rip me i looked like a fool crying at work since i thought it'd be a good idea to read them then. jesus
While I'll miss ACNL, seeing all of your ACNL towns and houses ended up reigniting my desire to decorate my ACNH island some more! There were so many clever house designs beyond the ones we picked, and some that were just very charming and comforting to be in, while others were... sort of unnerving, in the best of ways. Also I realized how much I miss the old gyroids and their funky little sounds. screaming at me and stuff.

I'm also very very happy to see all of the people that played puzzle league. i love panel de pon. Seeing some people play it for the first time and starting to like it filled my heart with so much joy, and seeing people commit hours to get higher scores was fantastic! also desert island escape people you're wild rng fails me so bad in that

I have a lot of feelings so I'll stop here, but I'm happy that so many of you enjoyed this event! When we started planning this event, I wasn't actually planning on helping since I'm super busy at this time IRL, but... yeah that didn't last 😂 I missed ACNL a lot more than I thought I did!

Also huge thanks to the admins for all the work they've had to do for this event!
and also for putting up with me and the ridiculous number of new collectibles. 22 new balloons!! and 12 fruits!! and a new toy hammer! also my last minute deforestation effort.

Was a fun event even if all I did was the furniture event and silver farming. Congrats to the winners and thanks to staff for organizing it.

Was fun to join in some of the members for one last online with New Leaf. I may or may not go back online, so thanks for being the last ones.

First and foremost, congrats to all the winners!!! And to All those that participated kudos to you! I really enjoyed getting to see and read all the fun stuff! You know, I really did not expect the farewell event to be this huge, and I had no idea it was gonna hit me as hard as it did with all the nostalgia that brought me to this site in the first place. I have so many wonderful memories of new leaf, and I’ve really enjoyed every single part of this event. Thank you so much staff for tugging at my heartstrings. Y’all really put on a fantastic shindig. I really didn’t feel as pressured for the events this time because my house was already ready (minus having to put some fruit baskets away as I didn’t want to clutter your walkways up when you came to visit), talking about my time as mayor was super easy because I absolutely loved being mayor, and getting to reminisce some of my favorite times was a piece of cake. Even though I’ve never actually made a scrapbook in real life, which kind of surprises me, coming up with a page for the scrapbook entry, was super fun, and I know I didn’t make mine quite as extravagant as some of the other entries, but I still feel like I was able to incorporate so many of the little things that made new leaf so unforgettable.

Now let’s talk about some street pass silver… 😂😂😂 I thought that was so much fun. I love getting to work as a big team together to accomplish goals like that and I loved the aspect of the mystery balloons. The gotcha factor in that was super fun. I even like the fact that so many of us worked together to trade for the ones we were looking for whether we outright bought someone else’s or date, swapped, or traded, or whatever. to me that just added to the fun, teamwork aspect of it all. By the way, thank you so much to everyone who helped me date swap and trade and sold me what I needed to make this glorious lineup happen. I will be forever grateful as it might be one of my most favorites.

Once again, thank you staff for giving us such a fun event and introducing us to so many new beautiful collectibles that I know many of us will cherish!

Ohhhh I forgot to add how much fun the in town initiatives were! Getting to play around with some of you guys was a blast!!! I luved us trying to get the perfect screenshot of all four of us was absolutely hilarious!

Last edited:
me seeing my name fly by in the banner credits: 1711551864557.png

but seriously, i enjoyed this event so much! i feel like i say this for every single event, but i really did love this one, as bittersweet as it is with new leaf going offline and all. the town initiatives were so much fun to complete! the collectibles were awesome as well! thank you very much, staff! what an amazing sendoff for one of the most amazing games that nintendo ever made :D! congrats to all the winners!

egg hunt's in two days.. keeping my eyes peeled for zipper lol

Congrats to all the winners!!! This was so fun to participate in !!!!! ;O; New Leaf will always be there for us even if we can't play online anymore!
(Can we discard the Raffle tickets?)

Congrats winners! I have to say, I was NOT planning on participating in this event and just figured it’d be a good bit of down time for me. I can’t stay away from a forum event though, and I actually ended up enjoying this event a lot. Thank you for all of the beautiful new collectibles!

thanks to staff for putting this and the upcoming events together! this one was super fun and the perfect reason to revisit new leaf.

congratulations to all the winners!! 🎊 🎉 🎈

A bit late to say goodbye to this fantastic event that has ever spawned in 2024, (So far) I enjoyed every bit of it down to the core. It allowed me to have the most fun possible when the game became dead, but now that it's over I'm back to my old habits again...
Oh well, good things must come to an end.

Congrats winners, and I'm so eager for the Egg Hunt. I'll be sure to thoroughly not think too hard on any clues and (Hopefully) find them quite easily, after all it's a strategy that worked for some.

I loved this event so so much!! Thank you to everyone who hosted, and a big congratulations to the staff favorites! Every entry was beautiful!!

I’m gonna say it again but thank you staff for this amazing event! So sad to leave New Leaf behind but I guess I already had before this 😂

Excuse me if I'm just blind, but was it revealed who won the raffle? I didn't see it in the OP when it was posted and it hasn't been discussed. Didn't know if staff are planning to draw the winners later, but it just seems very uh, vague at the moment.

Excuse me if I'm just blind, but was it revealed who won the raffle? I didn't see it in the OP when it was posted and it hasn't been discussed. Didn't know if staff are planning to draw the winners later, but it just seems very uh, vague at the moment.
This is from the OP:

“A final round of Mystery Balloon Token transformations and the winners drawing for the House Letter Set Raffle will both take place after the event Shop has closed.”

All items sold for the Farewell to New Leaf event will be removed from the Shop in the evening on Thursday, March 28th. A final round of Mystery Balloon Token transformations and the winners drawing for the House Letter Set Raffle will both take place after the event Shop has closed. It will no longer be possible to spend MEOW Coupons or StreetPass Silver after this time.

The winners will likely be drawn and announced tomorrow evening/night!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back