• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

TBT Valentine's Day Arts & Crafts Contest

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm so bad with sketch apps so excuse the uhh...result. But! Happy Valentine everyone! 💛

Entry: digital art
View attachment 429381
Ps: Please don't click on the image, it will make it cursed 👀
I clicked on the image anyway and... I shouldn't have done that. Pro tip: Colour the entire background in white next time around!

I have a question for the crafts one.. I have some Joy Cons that I'd like to decorate valentines- / animal crossing themed.. is that allowed or are the shells counted as "premade" ?

omg the pink love potion is so cute aaaah 🥺

edit: does embroidery count as crafting btw? not sure if im able to do it in time but wanted to ask just in case 😊

Last edited:
is this the only way to get heart crystals? i don't do art or crafting but I wanted that pink feather :(

I honestly don't really like this piece but I'll try anyway View attachment 429253
Sherb is now a cupid, and he wants some valentines candy, and he also wants a "special someone to spend it with!" Will that special someone be you?
Hi @King koopa! Your entry is missing your name, so I am not able to accept it. If you could please add your username to your entry and re-submit in a new post I'll then be able to accept it.

Trying to teach myself the basics of Adobe Creative Cloud so I figured this would be a good opportunity to practice! :) Thanks!

TBT-Valentine-s-Day-Entry-2-8-22.jpg
Hi @maddandrea. I'm not able to accept your entry due to the Animal Crossing renders you have used. This event requires drawing all elements yourself. You are welcome to try submitting another piece that meets the requirements outlined in the OP.

Quick question though, I'm not sure what a 'name card' is. Since I'm planning on doing a 'physical' drawing, can I just write my username on the corner of the page?
A name card is literally just a piece of paper with your TBT username on it. Writing your username directly onto your drawing is also fine.

I have a question for the crafts one.. I have some Joy Cons that I'd like to decorate valentines- / animal crossing themed.. is that allowed or are the shells counted as "premade" ?
I wouldn't be able to accept this.

edit: does embroidery count as crafting btw? not sure if im able to do it in time but wanted to ask just in case 😊
Embroidery would indeed count for the miscellaneous crafts category!

is this the only way to get heart crystals? i don't do art or crafting but I wanted that pink feather :(
The Heart Crystals currency is unique to this event, so there is no other way to obtain it.

Hi @King koopa! Your entry is missing your name, so I am not able to accept it. If you could please add your username to your entry and re-submit in a new post I'll then be able to accept it.

Hi @maddandrea. I'm not able to accept your entry due to the Animal Crossing renders you have used. This event requires drawing all elements yourself. You are welcome to try submitting another piece that meets the requirements outlined in the OP.

A name card is literally just a piece of paper with your TBT username on it. Writing your username directly onto your drawing is also fine.

The Heart Crystals currency is unique to this event, so there is no other way to obtain it.

Okay, thanks for letting me know - I'll see what kind of artistic skills I've got!

If I done something on the paint APP would it be classed as digital or traditional?

So let's say... hypothetically... that a person has absolutely zero interest in the Pink Pave Feather or buying raffle tickets for the Heart Wand. Is there a limit on how many of the Heart Crystals can be turned into TBT? If said person submitted an entry that was accepted which earned them the 14 Heart Crystals but then they only used two of their Heart Crystals to buy raffle tickets for the Love Ball could they then turn their other 12 Heart Crystals into TBT? The person might rather have the TBT to put towards buying a Love Potion which they know they are not artistically talented enough to earn as none of their art/craft entries have ever been nominated by staff for voting.

Asking for a fellow forum member...

So let's say... hypothetically... that a person has absolutely zero interest in the Pink Pave Feather or buying raffle tickets for the Heart Wand. Is there a limit on how many of the Heart Crystals can be turned into TBT? If said person submitted an entry that was accepted which earned them the 14 Heart Crystals but then they only used two of their Heart Crystals to buy raffle tickets for the Love Ball could they then turn their other 12 Heart Crystals into TBT? The person might rather have the TBT to put towards buying a Love Potion which they know they are not artistically talented enough to earn as none of their art/craft entries have ever been nominated by staff for voting.

not gonna completely answer since i'm no mod but you may as well get the feather and sell/trade that towards a love potion, potions are definitely gonna start way higher than the scraps you typically get from trading in event currency and are only gonna rise lol

not gonna completely answer since i'm no mod but you may as well get the feather and sell/trade that towards a love potion, potions are definitely gonna start way higher than the scraps you typically get from trading in event currency and are only gonna rise lol
I had considered doing that... er.... My fellow forum member had considered just getting the Feather to sell/trade but they're concerned that so many Pink Pave Feathers will be earned that could then flood the collectible market which could make the Pink Pave Feather worth very little in TBT or trade in value. (Like how the Tin Robot collectible was only worth around 25TBT recently.) If there's no limit on how many Heart Crystals can be turned into TBT then by trading in the 12 Heart Crystals a person could get 360TBT (12 divided by 2 = 6 x 60TBT = 360TBT) which might be more than the Pink Pave Feather ends up selling for.

If I done something on the paint APP would it be classed as digital or traditional?
This would be classed as digital art.

The 60 Bell Redemption Ticket is unique: it is not possible to buy more than one.

Ahh, I hope I'll have time to make something!! But I just started classes, and its hard to work on side projects now.

But I'm gonna start, and hopefully finish something!!

would it be okay if I made my drawing Animal Crossing themed (with the AC style trees, flowers, balloons/presents, etc) but the character which I use is an OC drawn in the AC style? :)
Post automatically merged:

My entry for the digital art!
I'm not the best at drawing characters, but nook didn't come out too bad at all. 😄
this is beautiful :love:

Sorry, about that! Would this be ok?
Screenshot_20220207-185333_Chrome.jpg

Can I spend all of my 14 hearts crystal on just the TBT exchange? Or it only works one time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back