• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

super training help

McMuffinburger

Bells
Switch
4096-7652-3321
Cake
seriously somebody please explain super training to me!!!

i have never ev trained my pokemon before (too complicated :confused: ) but i thought id give it ago with the super training implemented in this version

my question is, how do my base stats go up?
do they ever go up? ill see after completing a game or a punching bag "speed +4" or something along that lines
(you know what i mean) i maxed out my pidgy just to see how it works and i still dont get it :eek:
ive looked all over online and since the game is very new i dont expect for too many guides to be out yet

but my question is how many points till that base stat goes up or how does the points that i make from a game or a punching bag correspond to my base stats (speed, defense, special attack etc.)

Im just so confused on how this works, and really wasted a whole day playing games with this pidgy for nothing lol
i do understand the whole 510 thing each stat should have 252 something along that lines

Ever 4 points raises your base stat by 1. That means that you will get more points at level up, as well. You should train early, but train in the right stats, because there is a limit to the tat training.

Ever 4 points raises your base stat by 1. That means that you will get more points at level up, as well. You should train early, but train in the right stats, because there is a limit to the tat training.

I would like to add something to that. It matters little whether you EV train early or late into the game, as X and Y introduced Reset Bags which can, as the name implies, reset all your EVs to zero so you can restart training.

It is recommended to fully focus on the 2 main stats of your Pokemon of choice, rather than spreading them. For example, an Espeon would be good off with 252 Sp. Atk and Speed. If you decide to EV train, you should furthermore make sure that your Pokemons nature is beneficial to it, as that will help it a lot in battle and strenghten it even further. Some top natures include Adamant and Jolly for physical attackers, Modest and Timid for special attackers, and Impish for physical tanks.

Everyone's pretty much covered it here.

I should add that vitamins (Protein, Carbos etc...) also add 10 EVs to the stat per use. This only works up to the first 100 EVs in that stat. So you should always use vitamins first, then Super-train or regular train.

With super training, vitamins are basically just items to sell for 4900.

4 Evs = +1 stat increase at level 100.
There is a limit of about 252 Evs for each stat and a max EVs of about 510.
So pick two stats, usually attack and speed or special attack and speed, and max them out through the super training games.

Back