• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Mario Mario RPG completionist question

Mr.Fox

Fantastic
Bells
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Golden Watering Can
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Unfortunately way too specific a question for Google to help me out, so hopefully someone can answer this for me.

In the original Mario RPG (and its ports), there were some chests you had to get before certain points of no return, or you’d never be able to get them. ie. at the beginning of the game when you head to the castle, there’s a hallway where you’d have to jump on Toad, then up on top of the door frame to get a hidden chest. This was the only time Toad was in that hallway, so if you missed your chance you were out of luck.

Does the remake still have these points of no return or have they made the chests more accessible? I haven’t opened my copy yet and just want to know what to prepare for.

Yes, there was a chest that could be missed at the start of the original. However in the remake, they placed a toad that permanently resides in that spot so you can come back, jump on his head, and get it.

I don't recall the original game having anything else that could be missed.

Thanks for the info! I can worry a little less about missing something this time around.

I also saw the trailer for the Epic Mickey remake yesterday…another title with points of no return. If I remember correctly you had to play the game through a whopping 3 times to get everything. 2 was understandable, one with paint and one with paint thinner, but 3 was too much.

Back