• TBT World Championship is here! Put your gaming skills to the test in many different games either playable on Nintendo Switch or directly in your browser. For more information, get started in the new Welcome to The Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread, which will explain how to opt-in and join a team.

Stuff You've Never Noticed?

Dolphishy

☼Meme Trash☼
Bells
Red Lily
January Birthstone (Garnet)
White Lily
Tasty Cake
Pear (Fruit)
I feel like every time I go on I notice something that I never did before!:blush:

Today, I was browsing in my museum and I noticed that the Pirhanna actually follows you around and bangs on the tank wall (so long as you are close to the tank its in).
I just thought that was adorable, but is something I never noticed until now.:D

So I was wondering what are some things that you only noticed recently, or much later into playing the game?
They could be big or little things!

Oh yeah! Blathers actually falls asleep again after a few seconds if it's still before 7pm. I never noticed this before, I guess I always exited too fast.

Oh yeah! Blathers actually falls asleep again after a few seconds if it's still before 7pm. I never noticed this before, I guess I always exited too fast.

That's interesting! I don't frequent my museum too much these days, and often I go there at night, when everything else is closed! :p

That's interesting! I don't frequent my museum too much these days, and often I go there at night, when everything else is closed! :p
Yeah I just go there to identify my fossils to sell as soon as I get on, so I usually do it quite early in the day! I was actually wondering if they added this animation in the update, similar to Cyrus waving, but maybe it's always been there and I just never noticed lol.

Yeah I just go there to identify my fossils to sell as soon as I get on, so I usually do it quite early in the day! I was actually wondering if they added this animation in the update, similar to Cyrus waving, but maybe it's always been there and I just never noticed lol.

I'm going to find myself questioning that every time now!
"Is this new since the update? I've never seen it before!"
"No, that's always been there."
"You sure? Cause I coulda sworn it wasn't there before!"
"I'm positive it was there before, you just didn't pay attention."

They def added the cyrus animation after the update because I was refurbishing stuff a lot and never noticed it..

That we can sit on rocks.
I think it was added within the update because I could never sit on rocks before.

Last edited:
They def added the cyrus animation after the update because I was refurbishing stuff a lot and never noticed it..

I was gonna say the same thing. After the update and starting a new copy, I noticed Cyrus waving or winking or w/e after picking up a refurbished item. I wasn't sure if they added it in update or i just never noticed it before..

I thought that getting 200 bells instead of 100 from shaking trees was a welcome amiibo feature, but it turns out it happens when you're wearing your lucky item of clothing for the day.

Been playing since release lol

The piranha always followed the player before the update.
I always checked the information which Blathers left in the aquarium so I can confirm it.

Anything added in the Welcome Amiibo update. I keep hearing about items and then it turns out it was in the update. I keep learning things every week about it.

One of these days, I should go look at the list of new stuff. But, today is not that day.

I didn't just notice this, but I think it's a really cute detail anyway.
When you play an instrument in a villager's house or if they're at your house, they'll clap for you.

At first I never realized you could get items sometimes by looking in villagers' drawers while in their houses haha.

I thought that getting 200 bells instead of 100 from shaking trees was a welcome amiibo feature, but it turns out it happens when you're wearing your lucky item of clothing for the day.

Been playing since release lol

Wow, I never knew that! Probably because I don't get my fortune or shake trees that often. But that's cool!

The piranha always followed the player before the update.
I always checked the information which Blathers left in the aquarium so I can confirm it.

Cool, I guess I just never wandered through that area enough to notice before!

I didn't just notice this, but I think it's a really cute detail anyway.
When you play an instrument in a villager's house or if they're at your house, they'll clap for you.

Yes! I love playing instruments for villagers. But I don't think they clap for your theremin playin. :p Maybe someday? ;)

At first I never realized you could get items sometimes by looking in villagers' drawers while in their houses haha.

I think I got an item once, but I rarely snoop in drawers, the messages always get me and make me feel guilty. :p

Wow, I never knew that! Probably because I don't get my fortune or shake trees that often. But that's cool!

Cool, I guess I just never wandered through that area enough to notice before!

Yes! I love playing instruments for villagers. But I don't think they clap for your theremin playin. :p Maybe someday? ;)

I think I got an item once, but I rarely snoop in drawers, the messages always get me and make me feel guilty. :p

I just had it happen with Vivian. I only had it happen one other time when I had Lolly a while ago.

One thing I just noticed about the update yesterday is that when you have an item on top of a dresser, you now open the dresser instead of activating the item on top when you press A. I guess this can be a good or bad thing depending on what item(s) you have on top.

Also, thanks to HoleInOneLuigi for informing me that you can get unlimited MEOW coupons by beating Time Attack in Puzzle League repeatedly.

Last edited:
Anything added in the Welcome Amiibo update. I keep hearing about items and then it turns out it was in the update. I keep learning things every week about it.

One of these days, I should go look at the list of new stuff. But, today is not that day.

I still know so little about so much of the items. Especially the Sanrio stuff, since it's not available in NA.
I really want to get some of the new cards though to see the RVs and get some move ins. Especially Maddie, she holds a very dear place in my heart.

- - - Post Merge - - -

One thing I just noticed about the update yesterday is that when you have an item on top of a dresser, you now open the dresser instead of activating the item on top when you press A. I guess this can be a good or bad thing depending on what item(s) you have on top.

I noticed that too! so now I have to stand at the back of a dresser to use one of the items on top! I put my n3DS on a dresser, so I had to do some maneuvering to use it!

Also, thanks to HoleInOneLuigi for informing me that you can get unlimited MEOW coupons by beating Time Attack in Puzzle League repeatedly.

Well, I guess I'm gonna have to get working on that Time Attack mode. After I get through story mode, I'm not far yet, only beat 3 characters.

Last edited:
Few people talked about it...
But during the new game and amiibo update first run we can see a monkey conducting the train and Porter was already in his spot when the player reached the town.

Considering it, the one who conduct the train could be the missing jock villager Champ the whole time.

Few people talked about it...
But during the new game and amiibo update first run we can see a monkey conducting the train and Porter was already in his spot when the player reached the town.

Considering it, the one who conduct the train could be the missing jock villager Champ the whole time.

I'm tired of Champ theories. Just bring him back to the game as a villager. He could've been getting the milk at the store for the past 15 years for all I care.

Back