• Join us for live Nintendo Trivia today at 6PM EDT in Discord as part of TBT's World Championship 2024 to win points for your team! if justin is awake

Strangest film you've ever seen

Daft Punk's Electroma, or possibly The Last Unicorn

Last edited:
Air Doll (2009)

It just came on. I watched half of it with my folks. You can not even begin to understand the awkward.

A life-size blow-up doll develops a soul and falls in love with a video store clerk.

I'm gonna resurrect this old forum and prooooobably say that the weirdest I've seen is Videodrome. Also props to Videodrome for including my country (Malaysia) in it's plot.

Definitely either Extinction or The Signal. Watched them a year or two ago while we were looking for Sci-Fi films, and they're about the stupidest pieces of garbage that I've ever seen filmed in the Sci-Fi genre. Why ANYONE thought they were good concepts for a movie is beyond me.

titane was a particularly bizarre and disturbing one!
Oh I've heard of it! Never watched it, though. All I know is that it's a movie about a woman who had a sudden liking of drinking motor oil or something and become one with cars or something??? It's like a more, weirder version of that one anime scene of a girl outright drinking off of a gas pump.

Oh I've heard of it! Never watched it, though. All I know is that it's a movie about a woman who had a sudden liking of drinking motor oil or something and become one with cars or something??? It's like a more, weirder version of that one anime scene of a girl outright drinking off of a gas pump.
this... but there is so so much more. it gets so much more zany and terrifying! i could not possibly describe more of the premise without infringing many forum rules aha !

fireworks (2017). it had a weird plot and a weird ending, not sure what it was trying to accomplish because i can’t decipher what happened.

2001: A Space Odyssey for me. I might have been slightly too young to enjoy (analyze) this film so a large portion of it went over my head.

I believe I saw a film once where its plot was about an individual who wanted to become a full-fledged animal (no, not Avatar), completely ignoring advice from his friends and co-workers. Either that, or I'm having false dreams. I forgot what it was called, but basically, the guy started to live, eat, act, and physically alter his body parts to become the animal he wanted to be.

Seeing something like that would've gave someone a major mind screw, and it probably explains some rather questionable comics I've previously encountered on Google Images. I'm not even positive myself if something with that plot even exists in the first place as a movie released to theaters.

The Lobster. It was supposed to be a very dark comedy, but I hated it lol.

Maybe Perfect Blue or Black Swan? It's been a while since I watched either of them, but I remember them both being kind of weird and trippy feeling

Nothing specific comes to mind, but i can say with certainty most Japanese horror movies released from 1970-1999 can qualify. bonus points if it seems somewhat low quality. movies like that have a certain eerie feel to them... but not in the traditional horror way, nor the way it was intended. i really can not figure out why they are so unsettling.

The Fantastic Planet (1973), and the Shake, Rattle, and Roll movie with the lake monster.

Many years ago, my mom watched this DVD with these really creepy and bizarre stop motion or puppet films. I asked her about it and found out they were made by a duo called the Quay Brothers. A reviewer described them as “dusty nightmare worlds” and that couldn’t be more spot on, lol. I only took passing glances at it but it’s the first thing that pops into my head when I think of strange films.

Back