• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Most creative Halloween decoration you've seen?

Snowesque

Bells
Pink Hybrid Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Hyacinth
Orange Hybrid Rose
Golden Watering Can
White Hyacinth
Red Hyacinth
Yellow Hyacinth
Black Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
White Rose
What's the most creative Halloween decoration you've ever seen?

Every year when I'd go camping with my family during Halloween, there was a family that set up a Halloween-themed train set that went all through their campsite. It was so cool!

At my mom's last house before she passed, she had a bunch of hay stacks, gourds, and pumpkins of different sizes and shapes all in one area. It was the spookiest and also most beautiful thing I've ever seen. 💚 🎃

Wish I could share a picture, but unfortunately this was several years ago and I didn't think to take one then.

There was this garden store that existed before a an interstate landed on it that would make a giant spider out of a hay bale. I don't know what they used for the legs, as I never got close to it but it had google eyes and the whole spider was black. I really appreciated seeing it every year. It was cute and simple and anyone could see it from the road with ease.
🌜🍂🦇🍂🌛
I wouldn't call it necessarily creative and most people by them rather than making them, but I really appreciate window clings. Ones in particular that come to mind for Halloween are varies types of eyes and most glow in the dark. 👀

This is a bit morbid, but my family is a bit odd. My father passed away the day before halloween (several years ago). It was his favorite holiday, and he had some insane set-ups over the years.

One of the funniest- my dad and the neighbor dad built/painted a wooden coffin and set it up on top of a big table. Undrneath the table (hidden) were speakers for my dad to scare the kids with sudden spooky noises. In the coffin was the neighbor dad, in full vampire costume and holding the bowl of candy, so he could scare them. When kids would come get the candy, they'd scare the heck out of the kids. I was a kid at the time and thought it was hilarious...

Anyway, the morbid -- a couple years after he died, my mom and sisters decided to decorate his grave for halloween. They included a skeleton coming out of the ground, along with other (excessive) spooky stuff. It was awesome, but they aren't allowed to do that anymore...

A pumpkin with a full staff of music notes carved into it so that if anyone knew how to read music, it was an eerie tune they‘d get stuck in their head. It was a pretty cool idea!

I will be carving a check engine light into my pumpkin this year - the scariest pumpkin of them all 😅

i'm a big fan of jack-o-lanterns because people put the most creative things on them, one year I saw a family carve a bunch of Mario kart characters into their pumpkins and make them all side-by-side so they were "racing." this was online, but, yknow.

The set was store-bought, but I really like this “skeleton pirate” decor this house has, complete with ship and some of the skeletons climbing the side of the house.
Some other people had creepy baby dolls on a swingset. It was weird, but definitely original.

Someone in my neighborhood had a bat decoration that hung from a tree and “flew” around in circles. Not sure how they did it but it was very memorable.

Once I went on a haunted hayride hosted at a local farm and there was a giant animatronic brontosaurus with red glowing eyes. I'll never forget it!

I just saw someone raked the leaves in their front lawn into a Jack-o-lantern, with lighter leaves for the pumpkin and darker leaves for the eyes, nose, and mouth. It looked pretty cool!

this might not count since it’s a decoration at a halloween attraction and not in someone’s yard, but the most creative i’ve seen is a giant animatronic of pennywise the clown from IT, and he’s holding georgie while he’s in his rain getup, and his severed arm is in his mouth. 🫣

i can’t post a photo or video of it since it’s honestly kind of gory, but it’s still one of the coolest decorations i’ve seen!

Unfortunately, none. People sometimes include spiders in their displays, so I don’t look out of fear.

However, I do like the devilish-looking animatronic that springs up and out. It costs a fortune, but I wouldn’t mind getting one of those one day.

Back