• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Star Wars General Thread

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan but I saw Force Awakens in theaters and I plan on seeing Rogue One in theaters too. The only Star Wars thing I really got into was an old game for the N64, and for the life of me I can't remember what game it is. This was one of my first video games I was ever exposed to so it holds a special place in my heart, even though I can't remember what it was called :T.

Season one is a bit boring, season two it really starts to pick up and season three hasn't felt fillery yet. Definitely recommend watching The Clone Wars first though if you haven't!

Hmm I might be mixing it up with The Clone Wars actually. Is there a Machete Order of sorts for that show? Are there any major episodes you just can't miss on the way up to season 3?

I still haven't seen The Force Awakens because it got spoiled for me and then I didn't really feel like going. I am really looking forward to Rogue One though! ^-^

I'm not a huge Star Wars fan but I saw Force Awakens in theaters and I plan on seeing Rogue One in theaters too. The only Star Wars thing I really got into was an old game for the N64, and for the life of me I can't remember what game it is. This was one of my first video games I was ever exposed to so it holds a special place in my heart, even though I can't remember what it was called :T.
I imagine it was probably one of the Rogue Squadron games? I played the one on N64 alot myself.

Hmm I might be mixing it up with The Clone Wars actually. Is there a Machete Order of sorts for that show? Are there any major episodes you just can't miss on the way up to season 3?
http://www.starwars.com/news/star-wars-the-clone-wars-chronological-episodeorder

There was a few episodes out of order, but that list is in the correct order.

Wow, reading your post was almost like listening to myself. I grew up watching Star Wars on VHS (mainly episodes 1&2, for a long time we didn't own the OT and only saw it on TV.) Most of the video games I played as a kid were Star Wars. TFA definitely re-ignited my love for Star Wars, so now I'm watching The Clone Wars series and reading Bloodline while we wait for the next movie.

I haven't been watching the Rogue One trailers, except the first teaser, because that's the way I did it with TFA and I loved being almost entirely unaware of the plot or new characters before seeing it.
Oh cool! Where are you at in the CLone Wars series?

omg i was legit going to make this thread today >>

love the series <3, really hyped for Rogue One coming out soon, looks good, and wOOP WOOP HERE COMES DAT VADER
I hope his role isn't too big.

Just 35 days left until Star Wars Rogue One!

Also how is everyone who is watching SW: Rebels feeling about the season so far? Because I'm really digging it and I haven't felt any of the episodes being fillerly or out of place in terms of the arc.

Just 35 days left until Star Wars Rogue One!

Also how is everyone who is watching SW: Rebels feeling about the season so far? Because I'm really digging it and I haven't felt any of the episodes being fillerly or out of place in terms of the arc.

Huge Star Wars nerd. I can't wait for Rogue One! It looks pretty fantastic, I think. I'm hoping (and assuming) that we'll get a trailer for Episode 8.

I haven't seen the cartoons, outside of two of the silly lego ones. I really enjoyed them, as silly as they are, hah.

Huge Star Wars nerd. I can't wait for Rogue One! It looks pretty fantastic, I think. I'm hoping (and assuming) that we'll get a trailer for Episode 8.

I haven't seen the cartoons, outside of two of the silly lego ones. I really enjoyed them, as silly as they are, hah.

Haha, I love the Lego Droid Tales cartoons, and the Lego games.

I'd be ecstatic just to get a title for Episode 8! A lot of the rumored titles have been pretty awful and, even though they were no doubt fake, they make me nervous about what the title's going to be. :p

YOU'VE NEVER WATCHED THE CLONE WARS!!!

Haha, I love the Lego Droid Tales cartoons, and the Lego games.

I'd be ecstatic just to get a title for Episode 8! A lot of the rumored titles have been pretty awful and, even though they were no doubt fake, they make me nervous about what the title's going to be. :p

Oh yes! I love the lego games. I think I have two? Both are a ton of fun.

I think they're enjoying taking their sweet time to release a title...so rude! I'm trying to think about Rogue One for now because the lack of ep. 8 news is driving me nuts!

I know Rogue One would be more about the first battle the Rebels won, but in my honest opinion, the first real victory the Rebels had in Star Wars was the destruction of the Death Star in Episode IV (highlight to reveal spoiler).

How would I know Rogue One was about the first battle the Rebels won? It was already seen in the opening crawl of the 1977 film.

A trailer for eight would be pretty cool, but I don't think they're air it before Rogue One. Maybe after the movie? In my mind, I feel like it would detract from Rogue One as you'd have fans super excited about a trailer and they'd be wanting to nitpick and analyse it all.

I know Rogue One would be more about the first battle the Rebels won, but in my honest opinion, the first real victory the Rebels had in Star Wars was the destruction of the Death Star in Episode IV (highlight to reveal spoiler).

How would I know Rogue One was about the first battle the Rebels won? It was already seen in the opening crawl of the 1977 film.
I wouldn't really say Rogue One is the first battle the Rebellion won, as we've seen with the new canon there's been a series of minor skirmishes that the fledgling Rebellion took part in and have won. Would definitely agree that as of now the first major victory would be in IV.

Bumping because Rogue One airs tonight in the US and has begun/already aired in other parts. Anyone else seeing this tonight?

Or what is everyone's thoughts with Rebels?
It's really been hinted that Obi-wan might make an appearance given the Winter Finale.

Bumping because Rogue One airs tonight in the US and has begun/already aired in other parts. Anyone else seeing this tonight?

Or what is everyone's thoughts with Rebels?
It's really been hinted that Obi-wan might make an appearance given the Winter Finale.

I'm excited! But idk if and when I'll see it, because if I go I'll probably be going alone...

I'm seeing the premiere tonight in IMAX with some friends. :) I'm mostly looking forward to seeing the OT's designs done with modern technology more than the actual plot, lol.

Back