• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Star Wars General Thread

Trent the Paladin

Lv 29 Nerd
Retired Staff
Bells
Father's Day Carnation
Tricolored Puppy Plush
Festive Bell
Green Christmas Stocking
Yellow Candy
Tasty Cake
Crescent Moon Glow Wand
Rainbow Feather
Yellow Pansy
Pikachu Easter Egg
Surely I'm not alone in having Star Wars play a role in my life, with myself finding each new media to consume. I remember watching the old VHS tapes with my dad every few years when I was little and playing every Star Wars game I could get my hands on every few years. But for some reason The Force Awakens sparked a renewed interest and now I've been waiting patiently to see Rogue One, while watching the animated series and reading up on the new expanded universe when I have the chance.

Anyways, today they dropped the newest Rogue One Story Trailer. Is anyone else excited to see this?

And is anyone watching Rebels? Thrawn has made an appearance in S3 and it seems like he was a massive fan favorite from the previous "Extended/Expanded Universe".

Looks great! had not known the plot angle with the designer/architect before, that adds quite a wrinkle to the movie. was skeptical when plans for this movie were announced but it's looking more and more like it will be a great film. mostly i want to see Donnie Yen kicking ass and bringing some martial arts bona fides to the jedi role (or force sensitive hero role, as the case may be...).

n e r d

i'll watch it with you tho, <3 it's a date.

Looks great! had not known the plot angle with the designer/architect before, that adds quite a wrinkle to the movie. was skeptical when plans for this movie were announced but it's looking more and more like it will be a great film. mostly i want to see Donnie Yen kicking ass and bringing some martial arts bona fides to the jedi role (or force sensitive hero role, as the case may be...).
I wasn't thrilled about Rogue One in the beginning, I felt like it was covering ground that didn't need to be covered. But as we learn more and the Star Wars Universe is fleshed out with things like Thrawn, Tarkin and Star Wars Rebels I've gotten more excited. Donnie Yen looks amazing, definitely excited to see his character. I really wanna see the space battles.

Star Wars consumes my family x.x My brother has the game for PC
One of the Battlefront games?

Star Treks better. I seriously don't like either though...XD

The trailer for the latest one looks cool, I guess.

I wasn't thrilled about Rogue One in the beginning, I felt like it was covering ground that didn't need to be covered. But as we learn more and the Star Wars Universe is fleshed out with things like Thrawn, Tarkin and Star Wars Rebels I've gotten more excited. Donnie Yen looks amazing, definitely excited to see his character. I really wanna see the space battles.

One of the Battlefront games?

yeah battlefront that really nice quality recently released one

- - - Post Merge - - -

Tom have you played the Star Wars lego games? The memories XD

love starwars, can't wait for rogue one and episode 8...

rebels is really good too
Are you up to date with Rebels? :D

yeah battlefront that really nice quality recently released one

Tom have you played the Star Wars lego games? The memories XD
I have! I finished the latest one a month or two ago actually, it was my first Lego game in a while and I had a lot of fun.

I'm a big Star Wars fan myself. I loved the movies, watched every season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and am currently on season 3 of Star Wars Rebels. I also love a lot of the games. Am I excited for this movie? Eh, we'll see. I don't want them to milk the franchise anymore than it has been recently. I think they should make a movie on the Old Republic. That would be interesting to see.

I'm a big Star Wars fan myself. I loved the movies, watched every season of Star Wars: The Clone Wars, and am currently on season 3 of Star Wars Rebels. I also love a lot of the games. Am I excited for this movie? Eh, we'll see. I don't want them to milk the franchise anymore than it has been recently. I think they should make a movie on the Old Republic. That would be interesting to see.
I think the Han Solo movie is probably milking it/exploring something that really doesn't need exploring. Kinda prefer this mysterious rogue. The Old Republic would be nice, especially thanks to all those trailers behind the MMO. I really love those cinematic things.

Oh yeah forgot to mention I saw this movie. Amazing and really good, I had a fun time :3
That is easily my favorite trailer from The Force Awakens.

i saw the new movie and a bit of the older ones, i really want to watch ALL of the movies but i never seem to have the time ;-;

tbh i'll probs end up watchin all the star trek movies, imo star trek is a bit better that star wars.

Last edited:
Haven't watched the new one yet. Was planning to see it at a cinema, but I would imagine I'm too late now. A huge part of the story was spoiled for me thanks to the title of a Google search result, but oh well.

Last edited:
I'm stoked for Rogue One, it could be mediocre and I'd probably eat it right up. Ever since The Force Awakens came out last year I've been needing to scratch the itch. Been meaning to watch Rebels but am backlogged on other shows/cartoons right now. Was told it doesn't really start to pickup until around season 3, any thoughts on that?

Last edited:
I'm stoked for Rogue One, it could be mediocre and I'd probably eat it right up. Ever since The Force Awakens came out last year I've been needing to scratch the itch. Been meaning to watch Rebels but am backlogged on other shows/cartoons right now. Was told it doesn't really start to pickup until around season 3, any thoughts on that?

Season one is a bit boring, season two it really starts to pick up and season three hasn't felt fillery yet. Definitely recommend watching The Clone Wars first though if you haven't!

Surely I'm not alone in having Star Wars play a role in my life, with myself finding each new media to consume. I remember watching the old VHS tapes with my dad every few years when I was little and playing every Star Wars game I could get my hands on every few years. But for some reason The Force Awakens sparked a renewed interest and now I've been waiting patiently to see Rogue One, while watching the animated series and reading up on the new expanded universe when I have the chance.

Anyways, today they dropped the newest Rogue One Story Trailer. Is anyone else excited to see this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sC9abcLLQpI

And is anyone watching Rebels? Thrawn has made an appearance in S3 and it seems like he was a massive fan favorite from the previous "Extended/Expanded Universe".

Wow, reading your post was almost like listening to myself. I grew up watching Star Wars on VHS (mainly episodes 1&2, for a long time we didn't own the OT and only saw it on TV.) Most of the video games I played as a kid were Star Wars. TFA definitely re-ignited my love for Star Wars, so now I'm watching The Clone Wars series and reading Bloodline while we wait for the next movie.

I haven't been watching the Rogue One trailers, except the first teaser, because that's the way I did it with TFA and I loved being almost entirely unaware of the plot or new characters before seeing it.

so you know you can run ds games on the computer right? and when i was younger, my dad got me a rom hacker so i could play ds games on my computer for free. anyways, one of the games we downloaded was some kind of star wars game, but i gave up when i couldn't reflect gun shots with my light saber and i kept dying. also that one game on the xbox connect, that was pretty lit, i played with my dad once and we stopped playing. that was all the exposure i had to star wars tbh, never got into the movies or anything, still haven't watched the latest one, but they all had to do with video games so idk pretty cool.

Me: I've never seen Star Wars in my life
Everyone else: OH MY GOD WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!

omg i was legit going to make this thread today >>

love the series <3, really hyped for Rogue One coming out soon, looks good, and wOOP WOOP HERE COMES DAT VADER

Back