• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Star Wars General Thread

I liked it more than TFA. Act I was absolute **** though, feel as though they would have been better off just jumping straight into the movie instead of sloppily introducing all these different characters. The pacing was terrible. Thankfully it got it together in time for Act II. It was really nice to see actual ground combat this time around but it makes me wonder where all these heavy, powerful weapons are in the OT. AT-ATs feel like they got nerfed, they were easily destroyed in this movie whereas they wiped the floor with the Rebellion during the Battle of Hoth. It ended the way I was hoping it would; all the heroes die, you get to see Vader in action at the very end, and it sets itself up for a transition into A New Hope. Vader's scene was like a horror movie with the lights going out and how he slowly takes everybody out one by one. Great scene, he was always terrifying but it was wonderful to see exactly why.

I do wonder why they didn't recast Grand Moff Tarkin and instead used a CGI recreation of Peter Cushing. It was very noticeable, especially as they used a lot of close-up shots. Granted Leia at the end was also CGI and it wasn't super noticeable, but she did only get a small cameo appearance. Didn't mind the various cameos throughout the movie, with the exception of the two guys that Luke gets into a spat with in the Mos Eisley cantina everyone felt like they had a reason to be there. It only focused on them for a few seconds before moving on.

Can't say I'm particularly looking forward to the Solo/Fett movies, those don't feel like there's a story they really need to tell. Or at least a story that wouldn't be as interesting as Rogue One. I'll still be there for premiere night either way.

Last edited:
Back