Sony's "Reader"?

Grawr

Retired Staff
Bells
Anyone heard of this thing? It's like an iPod for books. You buy books from "ebooks.com" or something, and load them into this thing thats about the size of a paper back, and super-thin.

My Dad just got it for my Mom for Christmas, and it's pretty...I dunno'...different. I would try to get one my self if it wasn't so expensive. >.>

It can hold up to like 160 books...yeah.

I'm not that big of a reader, but I know there are quite a few people here that are. So...your thoughts?

The Kindle, right?

I dunno... I LOVE reading, and read a lot of books, but I don't know if I'm too hot on the whole ebooks idea yet. The battery life isn't good at all from what I heard.

He's talking about a Sony E-Reader I believe... but kindle = <3.

"A) The Reader, on a full charge, will allow up to 7500 "page turns" on a single charge. We measure the battery endurance in page turns due to the bistable nature of the E Ink display. This battery life does depend on usage patterns and auxiliary functions like audio playback will drain the battery faster."

Woah, that actually sounds pretty decent.

Bulerias said:
"A) The Reader, on a full charge, will allow up to 7500 "page turns" on a single charge. We measure the battery endurance in page turns due to the bistable nature of the E Ink display. This battery life does depend on usage patterns and auxiliary functions like audio playback will drain the battery faster."

Woah, that actually sounds pretty decent.
Yeah, it's not bad at all.

The Reader thing is slightly different then the Kindle, I believe...

And I think the Reader is the more expensive/better one from what I've heard.

Sounds nice...I'm trying to think of a way to emulate it with something I already have....iPods don't have enough battery power.

Back