• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Something you all need to understand.

ƒish

Retired Staff
Bells
I love it how little they can change something and still convince us it's "new".

I've always judged a game based on the music Why? Because music is an afterthought to most developers, they're so worried getting the mechanic to work they overlook the sound till the very end, or somewhere near it. If you play a game with incredible music, chances are everything else follows suit. Naturally I'm not saying every game with good music is going to be amazing. That would be silly, but when you look at it in general. Good music makes a good game, bad music makes a bad game. Thankfully this go-around they've decided that the DS music was so nice, they're just going to port that to the Wii. What does that tell you about the gameplay? You're paying fifty dollars for another port, a port, which is actually just another port, of another port. This game started life on the N64, where it was ported to the gamecube, then the DS, and now finally the Wii. Maybe I'm alone in this, but I'm kinda looking forward to a new experience. Not five or six new 'things' they'll make thirty second video's of and post on their website so you'll think you're buying something amazing and fresh. I fell for that once with the DS version, I'm not biting again.

Just make sure you realize that, are you going to support the same old thing? I thought that was all well and good until I played Fable 2 and realized they did the whole casual "do whatever you want" thing better than Wild World. That's right, I felt more free to do as I liked in Fable than animal crossing.

Make sure you realize what you're supporting and getting excited for. Don't over anticipate, you're going to be let down. Hell, if you expect the worst from everything, it can only be better, right?

I realize im getting more of the same within purchasing this game, and while im very disappointed by the music, I love that they've somewhat melded the good from wild world and GC versions into one title, true, they haven't changed much, but why change a formula that works?

Im mostly excited for the community, as when wild world was brand new, my buddy list was full and there were always a few towns open, meeting new people and trading/playing with them was great, as im expecting it to be in City Folk as well. I'm content with more of the same for now, would I like to have seen more? Of course. Am I not going to get City Folk because not enough has changed? Hell no.

Edit: Also i dont think its fair to compare two totally different games like that, thats like comparing Super Mario world and Gears of War, both games were amazing, but its not fair to compare each game when they're quite different, Animal Crossing is about expressing creativity, while Fable is more an open ended do what you want game, with a story and bosses and whatnot.

Zephent said:
I realize im getting more of the same within purchasing this game, and while im very disappointed by the music, I love that they've somewhat melded the good from wild world and GC versions into one title, true, they haven't changed much, but why change a formula that works?

Im mostly excited for the community, as when wild world was brand new, my buddy list was full and there were always a few towns open, meeting new people and trading/playing with them was great, as im expecting it to be in City Folk as well. I'm content with more of the same for now, would I like to have seen more? Of course. Am I not going to get City Folk because not enough has changed? Hell no.

Edit: Also i dont think its fair to compare two totally different games like that, thats like comparing Super Mario world and Gears of War, both games were amazing, but its not fair to compare each game when they're quite different, Animal Crossing is about expressing creativity, while Fable is more an open ended do what you want game, with a story and bosses and whatnot.
How embarrassing, A house full of condiments and no food.

They add so little to it and you still support it. This is why Nintendo isn't making good games anymore, if you're giving them money either way, why should they make anything greater than a port? You strike me as the type of person who would buy the new Mario Party every year.

I'm not asking you to reconsider buying it, I'm asking you to think about what you're hyping up so greatly. I'm sure sometime I'll end up playing this just like the rest of you. I've been an addict since they brought it over here.

I can compare fable to animal crossing because, while they are entirely different games, they're both "life simulations". They have a lot in common, aside from the whole fighting mechanic in fable, it's nonlinear, and when you're in a town- talking to people, selling things you've collected... That sounds a lot like animal crossing to me. You can compare that, it's not a big deal. You could compare Super Mario World to Gears of War, not entirely, but in part. They're both linear, gameplay driven games.... even though one is a platformer and the other is a shooter, they can still be compared.

tl;dr but I know it'll be like Wild World (with minor improvements), so I'm not even anticipating it slightly. I'd use that on much more deserving games.

It's not all bad because there's new city music... I guess they didn't want to do more town music on top of that. I blame things like this on Nintendo's plan to put out the Wii casual games (Sports, Music, Fit, etc.). Eguchi and the team were too busy on that... this also affected other games. But a couple of weeks ago Miyamoto pointed this problem out and said they have all gone back to work on the real games. (he mentioned Pikmin and Zelda)

meh, it's AC, i love it.
i had experiences in WW when i got it. if nintendo changed the formula, like that MMO rumor, they'd lose fans.
anyways, there's just no pleasing all. just some. city folk will surely bring new experiences for me. if i have good AC styled fun, i dun give a rat's behind what happens.

What does the fact that there isn't new music say about Nintendo? They're LAZY. Big time.

Fish is absolutely right, and I couldn't agree with him more.

The fact that there isn't new music might not be a big deal to some people. But to me, the music practically made the game. After buying the GC Animal Crossing, and Wild World, I can sadly say I'm not getting ACCF, and have no intention to.

Which is a shame. I would have liked to see the AC series live just a little bit longer.

If Nintendo doesn't change the music, I'll be really disappointed. The problem is Nintendo doesn't care about Animal Crossing, yet it's almost as big as a title to Mario. While it's obviously not as recognized, they've never treated it with it's full respect.

I will still be purchasing City Folk (due to the fact you sort of have to play it if you're going to write guides on it) but I will most likely be disappointed in the end compared to Wild World.

But who knows. Nintendo might impress me.

oh boo-hoo, the music isn't different, now i won't get AC.
you know what, JUST because there isn't any music im gonna cut myself.
and the fact that they added ONLY a FEW new features ATE ME ALIVE
OH GOD
THIS WILL MAKE AC SUCK.

get over it. i'm buying thegame because I care for AC, and i'm getting tired of looking at DS graphics. you guys make such a big deal over nothing. OH KK, YOU ARE A BIG SUCKER FOR AC LOLOL"" and what if I am? ever since i got this series from the beginning, i loved every minute of it.

ANOTHER THING, WHAT DO YOU MEAN?
THEY ARE GOING TO RELEASE AC:CF
the series is living on.

AND OM*G HOW ARE YOU GOING TO PROVE THEY HAD NO NEW MUSIC IF YOU HAVENT PLAYED THE DAMN GAME YET, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GAMERS THESE DAYS CANT WAIT TO BASE THEIR OPINION UNTIL THEY ATUALLY PLAY THE GAME.

Zyou piss me off with so many things WRONG with this topic that it's just insane.

BUY AC:CF
PLAY IT
COME BACK
THEN TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK\

(lol troll post)

KingKombat said:
OH GOD
THIS WILL MAKE AC SUCK.

get over it. i'm buying thegame because I care for AC, and i'm getting tired of looking at DS graphics. you guys make such a big deal over nothing. OH KK, YOU ARE A BIG SUCKER FOR AC LOLOL"" and what if I am? ever since i got this series from the beginning, i loved every minute of it.

the series is living on.

AND OM*G HOW ARE YOU GOING TO PROVE THEY HAD NO NEW MUSIC IF YOU HAVENT PLAYED THE DAMN GAME YET, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GAMERS THESE DAYS CANT WAIT TO BASE THEIR OPINION UNTIL THEY ATUALLY PLAY THE GAME.

Zyou piss me off with so many things WRONG with this topic that it's just insane.

PLAY IT
COME BACK
THEN TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK
Can you act any more like a kid? We (as in ALL of us) aren't saying the game would suck. It's a AC forum, durrrr, of course we'll still buy it. One person doesn't speak for all of us.

However I just don't want the same music being in this game again because it's just sad. Very sad. The GCN AC had great music although. But they should atleast try and make some new themes for the hours instead of just doing a copypasta move.

Grawr said:
What does the fact that there isn't new music say about Nintendo? They're LAZY. Big time.

The fact that there isn't new music might not be a big deal to some people. But to me, the music practically made the game. After buying the GC Animal Crossing, and Wild World, I can sadly say I'm not getting ACCF, and have no intention to.

Which is a shame. I would have liked to see the AC series live just a little bit longer.
wat
"Live a bit longer"...? It's not dead.
Earthbound = Dead
Animal Crossing = Alive at full force
If you change a game like Animal Crossing too much, it won't be AC. The formula has it's near perfection, only so much can be done that the Wii can pull off. If it was an adventure game, the things can change if you keep the same rules. LoZ always has different setting but keeps the same 'use your tool, beat the boss, get the object, beat Ganondorf' formula. Hell, WindWaker was a huge jump.

KingKombat said:
OH GOD
THIS WILL MAKE AC SUCK.

the series is living on.

PLAY IT
COME BACK
How old are you? 8?

You just made yourself sound like a little Nintendo fanboy. Excellent Job.

If you'd calm down for a second, you'd realize we weren't bashing the game, or saying it would suck at all.

It's clear though that you absolutely don't understand what we're talking about, and I'm not going to waste my time explaining it further.

Take it easy, KingKombat. Chilllll.

Kolvo said:
Grawr said:

wat
"Live a bit longer"...? It's not dead.
Earthbound = Dead
Animal Crossing = Alive at full force
If you change a game like Animal Crossing too much, it won't be AC. The formula has it's near perfection, only so much can be done that the Wii can pull off. If it was an adventure game, the things can change if you keep the same rules. LoZ always has different setting but keeps the same 'use your tool, beat the boss, get the object, beat Ganondorf' formula. Hell, WindWaker was a huge jump.
I meant to say:

In my eyes, it's dead.

I do agree with you that you can't change the game too much...but you also can't change the game just a little bit, and call it a new game. You have to go somewhere in the middle...and to me, Nintendo could have gone a bit farther with the changes and additions.

And, okay, let's say the formula is near perfection. Heck, let's say the formula is perfect. Wouldn't you get sick of playing the same formula over and over?

KingKombat said:
OH GOD
THIS WILL MAKE AC SUCK.

the series is living on.

PLAY IT
COME BACK
Wow, trying to lower Fish's intelligence by putting a massive childish twist on his topic to make your post seem any bit more mature than an 8 year old is just ridiculous. Why don't you try re-reading his post with an open mature mind. Maybe you'll actually get his meaning.

And everyone is entitled to an opinion, if music makes the game for someone and they have decided to not purchase the game for this reason and others, it is up to them, don't bash them for that. And nowhere did he say you were a sucker for buying this game, he said he might end up getting it at one point himself...

And I agree with many points Fish, but I will be picking this game up because I want a fresh game to relax too, and Animal Crossing should do the trick. I'm not counting down the days, but I am getting it.

KingKombat said:
OH GOD
THIS WILL MAKE AC SUCK.

the series is living on.

PLAY IT
COME BACK
Fail. I seriously feel dumber after reading this post.

AND NOBODY LIKES WHEN YOU TALK IN ALL CAPS LIKE THIS TO SOUND TOUGH AND COOL! IT'S REALLY FREAKING OBNOIXIOUS!

And I find it amusing how you say "gamers these days" like you used to be one and no longer play video games.

STOP BEING ANNOYING. TURN OFF CAPS LOCK. BYE.

lol
i just pulled a troll post
and it worked

anyways, to be honest this topic slightly ticks me off.
heres my REAL post.

Music, as you said, isn't a big deal to me. It's nice and stuff, but what matters to me is the game.
Also, Animal Crossing isn't dead in any way, shape, or form. Quite the contrary. It's very much alive, with all the hype around Youtube, TBT, and the internet itself. Also, if anything you should read people's posts instead of just blocking them out with your "tl;dr" crap.
The point of the fact is that you aren't buying Animal Crossing just because they dont have the music you like in there.

HERES A TIP: Buy an iPod, a speaker, and turn down your TV volume. There. All better :)

I put tl;dr because I was tired from last night's Halloween stuff and didn't feel like reading it. BUT I did read it when I responded to your *CEN-2.1-SORD* post.

Back