• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Something you all need to understand.

Pfft. I realized this the moment they revealed this game, hence why I'm not excited for it in the least.

There really is no pleasing fans, is there?

You can please some people some of the time, but not all of the people all of the time.
Just be happy that they bothered with a sequel, sheesh.

Of course they would make a sequel, it was one of the DS' most popular games, it had it's own stage in SSBB, so they wern't exactly 'bothered' into making one.

Kolvo said:
Of course they would make a sequel, it was one of the DS' most popular games, it had it's own stage in SSBB, so they wern't exactly 'bothered' into making one.
They could've just have easily NOT made a sequel.

I'm just thankful they made AC and it has a graphical update. I big one, I might add.

KingKombat said:
Kolvo said:

I'm just thankful they made AC and it has a graphical update. I big one, I might add.
PROTIP: People like money.
So why WOULDN'T they make a sequel on an already popular franchise?

KingKombat said:
Kolvo said:

The graphics really aren't all that different. Better, yes. But not by a whole lot.

Graphics was never a big deal in Animal Crossing though. The graphics never "wowed" anyone, and they weren't supposed to. I was totally fine with that, as was everyone else.

Animal Crossing was about the feel, the whole idea of a life-simulator thing. It did the job well. You know what went well with that job? The amazing music.

I dunno', I'm done talking about it though. I don't care all that much about it...

At the very least, I would have liked to see an option to choose Wild World's music, or the GC Animal Crossing's music.

Grawr said:
KingKombat said:
Kolvo said:

The graphics really aren't all that different. Better, yes. But not by a whole lot.

Graphics was never a big deal in Animal Crossing though. The graphics never "wowed" anyone, and they weren't supposed to. I was totally fine with that, as was everyone else.

Animal Crossing was about the feel, the whole idea of a life-simulator thing. It did the job well. You know what went well with that job? The amazing music.

I dunno', I'm done talking about it though. I don't care all that much about it...

At the very least, I would have liked to see an option to choose Wild World's music, or the GC Animal Crossing's music.
You guys just gotta wait. the WW music could just be stock. so they don't give it away.
Just wait and play the game to see what happens. we don't know much about the game right now. no one can say they DO know. and don't say "you know them already, they wont do it", because you really don't.

here's a few examples.

Virtual Boy: Said it was great. Sucked dinosaur balls.

SSBB: Said it was OK. Was far beyond ok.

those are 2 examples, nothing can compare to this situation. here's some more examples of THIS situation:

Sonic Unleashed: Looks cool, but will it be?

Sonic And The Black Night: Sonic with a sword seems awesome to me. Looks ******** to others. We haven't played the game yet, so we can't judge.

My point is, don't complain until you play.
Please. It makes you seem like someone who judges books by their covers.

BTW, I meant "clear" wise, i think what you mean is the style of AC. I meant graphical update by the night sky, the water, etc...

Yeah, all the fans can never be pleased, no matter how hard Nintendo tries. But I don't know if I'm that big of a "fan", honestly. New AC game? Cool... I'll buy it, play it... but I wouldn't scream bloody murder if they never bothered with a sequel.

(I know, I'd never say this a year or two ago, but hey, people change...haha)

Bulerias said:
Yeah, all the fans can never be pleased, no matter how hard Nintendo tries. But I don't know if I'm that big of a "fan", honestly. New AC game? Cool... I'll buy it, play it... but I wouldn't scream bloody murder if they never bothered with a sequel.

Thanx for understanding, Bul

i agree with what you say about music making a game. nearly all my favorite games have that certain ring to it- metroid, banjo, Zelda, dragon quest, etc.

as for animal crossing music, it's only ok. the best thing they could do to make this game better would be to allow your person more freedoms, what if i want to put my furniture outside, or have a backpack to carry more items, or have a mp3 player to play any music on your wii, that would be awesome

cazzy7 said:
or have a mp3 player to play any music on your wii, that would be awesome
or have custom music on the tape/cd/boombox.
they could easily load it from the SD Card

hehe, I bought the old game again. (My sister sold it with the game cube and it was in it.) And the camera is SOOOOOO different. I like the music though. I hated the ww music. It all sounded the same...

Bulerias said:

Right, but did Nintendo really try that hard if they couldn't even make some new music?

That was all I was saying. Personally, I don't think Nintendo did try all that hard to really make this a great/good game. I think they were a little on the lazy-side.

But, yeah, obviously the game is not out yet, so I "can't judge it" quite yet.

I guess I've just gotta' hope for the best. I'm not gonna' get it, but a friend of mine will. So if it turns out it is really good, he'll tell me, and I'll pick it up.

Kolvo said:
Grawr said:
What does the fact that there isn't new music say about Nintendo? They're LAZY. Big time.

Fish is absolutely right, and I couldn't agree with him more.

The fact that there isn't new music might not be a big deal to some people. But to me, the music practically made the game. After buying the GC Animal Crossing, and Wild World, I can sadly say I'm not getting ACCF, and have no intention to.

Which is a shame. I would have liked to see the AC series live just a little bit longer.
wat
"Live a bit longer"...? It's not dead.
Earthbound = Dead
Animal Crossing = Alive at full force
If you change a game like Animal Crossing too much, it won't be AC. The formula has it's near perfection, only so much can be done that the Wii can pull off. If it was an adventure game, the things can change if you keep the same rules. LoZ always has different setting but keeps the same 'use your tool, beat the boss, get the object, beat Ganondorf' formula. Hell, WindWaker was a huge jump.
On this point I fully agree... If you change the AC formula too much... It wouldn't be AC anymore, which is why I think they might not have changed the music much. I am guessing their thought is, "Why fix something thats not broke?" Which is understandable. But yes, it would be nice if there is new music, and as far as I can tell, there is some new music, but only in the city. And on WindWaker, yeah it was a HUGE jump from what they normally did, which is why a lot a of people skipped this gem of a game.

VantagE said:
Kolvo said:
Grawr said:
What does the fact that there isn't new music say about Nintendo? They're LAZY. Big time.

Fish is absolutely right, and I couldn't agree with him more.

The fact that there isn't new music might not be a big deal to some people. But to me, the music practically made the game. After buying the GC Animal Crossing, and Wild World, I can sadly say I'm not getting ACCF, and have no intention to.

Which is a shame. I would have liked to see the AC series live just a little bit longer.
wat
"Live a bit longer"...? It's not dead.
Earthbound = Dead
Animal Crossing = Alive at full force
If you change a game like Animal Crossing too much, it won't be AC. The formula has it's near perfection, only so much can be done that the Wii can pull off. If it was an adventure game, the things can change if you keep the same rules. LoZ always has different setting but keeps the same 'use your tool, beat the boss, get the object, beat Ganondorf' formula. Hell, WindWaker was a huge jump.
On this point I fully agree... If you change the AC formula too much... It wouldn't be AC anymore, which is why I think they might not have changed the music much. I am guessing their thought is, "Why fix something thats not broke?" Which is understandable. But yes, it would be nice if there is new music, and as far as I can tell, there is some new music, but only in the city. And on WindWaker, yeah it was a HUGE jump from what they normally did, which is why a lot a of people skipped this gem of a game.
With Wind Waker they didnt exactly change the formula. It was the same good old fashioned, "find-your-way-through-this-seemingly-endless-dungeon-that-pisses-you-off-while-you-have-no-direction"

...with a young cel-shaded link.

Windwaker did change the formula by adding a very big and new portion of the game: sailing.

Anyway, I'm definitely in agreement with most of you guys here. The music made the experience for AC for the gamecube, and I was very disappointed with WW's. I'm still going to play the game and probably like it a lot, but it's not going to be as great as it could be. I wish it would be logical to believe that the music in most of the videos is just stock music, but that's just not the way things are. :/ I'm just not going to get my hopes up.

Not to sound like a downer either, like I said I'll probably really enjoy the game. But music does make the experience, and it's nothing but really really sad that it looks like it's going to be the same old song and dance.

(also, a big resounding "oh no you di'int" at that EB = dead comment ;D)

I was thinking today..and I might know why the music in WW sucked.

NOTE: THIS IS THEORETICAL, AND MAY SOUND ********

The Gamecube music in AC sounded amazing, and was probably due to the fact that Nintendo was able to fit better music of bigger file sizes on discs. Though, looking at how the DS is a miniature N64, the music was a little crappier to be made to fit on a DS cart. Hence they also had to make room for the graphics, textures, etc., while AC for Gamebcube maybe could have fit it in with good graphics to the the well known fact that: Discs can fit more than cartridges. Discs = 8-9 GiB., DS Carts = 3-4 GiB. (or so i've read), meaning the music had to be small and of low quality. The music in GC probably sounded better because it used more notes and composition. The DS on the other hand, could only fit so much. Which is why looking at the Wii's capacity, I believe there will be new music, and only time will tell if that music is good or not. Me, being an AC veteran, can't stop myself from buying this. Why? Because I'm a total addict. But that's beside the point.

Again, this is really theoretical.

KingKombat said:

The Gamecube music in AC sounded amazing, and was probably due to the fact that Nintendo was able to fit better music of bigger file sizes on discs. Though, looking at how the DS is a miniature N64, the music was a little crappier to be made to fit on a DS cart. Hence they also had to make room for the graphics, textures, etc., while AC for Gamebcube maybe could have fit it in with good graphics to the the well known fact that: Discs can fit more than cartridges. Discs = 8-9 GiB., DS Carts = 3-4 GiB. (or so i've read), meaning the music had to be small and of low quality. The music in GC probably sounded better because it used more notes and composition. The DS on the other hand, could only fit so much. Which is why looking at the Wii's capacity, I believe there will be new music, and only time will tell if that music is good or not. Me, being an AC veteran, can't stop myself from buying this. Why? Because I'm a total addict. But that's beside the point.

While that theory holds some ground, the DS has some amazing soundtracks in some of its games. That said, it is a personal taste difference for me, I just preffered the overall feel and sound of the GC's music, im sure some of it will make a return, I doubt itll be a 100% WW rehash, like holiday music (Halloween, Christmas, etc). Also I liked some of the strangeness of some songs, like the one with the cat meowing or 2:00am.

GC just had a much better sounding soundtrack overall, only WW song I preferred was the theme for the game itself, the in-game music felt kinda same-y to me, GC's music was (almost)-totally unique with every passing hour.

KingKombat said:

Nope, that explanation makes no sense. You're talking about technical issues -- i.e., file size. I'm talking about melody and harmony -- two musical elements largely absent from Wild World's soundtrack. The harmonies were, for the most part, primitive -- major, minor, diminished, augmented -- and the melodies, though catchy, were too simplistic. AC GCN had a lot of great tunes, on the other hand -- one notable one is K.K. Bossa Nova. Though clearly a rip-off of Jobim's stuff, it's great harmonically and melodically. I can't say the same for 99% of AC:WW's soundtrack. It had nothing to do with technical limitations... artistic limitations, sure, but not technical.

The fact that most of AC Wii's soundtrack is the same as WW's shows just how much Nintendo has stopped caring -- they're resting on their laurels. And why shouldn't they? The $$$ will come whether they compose new tunes or not...

Back