So I just completed Twilight Princess...

Tyeforce said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Hellsingrunner said:
Tyeforce said:
Trust me, it keeps the platforming elements. Very well, actually. More so than Sunshine. (Well, from what I've played of it, anyway.) You should give it a try, it's a fantastic game.
Yeah I think I'm going to have to. The only thing I don't care for about Sunshine is the FLUDD mechanic, it would've been more fun and for that matter challenging if you didn't have that stupid pump on your back which is the only reason why I'd play Galaxy over Sunshine, my only fear is that it's all about planet jumping and not about solid platforming, wall jumps, spin jumps, climbing sequences, warp pipes... that kinda stuff. </rambling>
Oh, there's PLENTY of solid platforming, wall jumps, spin jumps, climbing sequences, warp pipes, etc. More than any other 3D Mario to date, in fact. The gravity element does add a lot to the game, but it doesn't take away from the basics. And it's VERY fun! XD
It's not very fun for people who gets sick easy.
I don't see how it could possibly make you sick. It's not like YOU'RE the one hopping on planets. =P
Ask Miranda.

Hellsingrunner said:
Megamannt125 said:
Tyeforce said:
Hellsingrunner said:
Tyeforce said:
Trust me, it keeps the platforming elements. Very well, actually. More so than Sunshine. (Well, from what I've played of it, anyway.) You should give it a try, it's a fantastic game.
Yeah I think I'm going to have to. The only thing I don't care for about Sunshine is the FLUDD mechanic, it would've been more fun and for that matter challenging if you didn't have that stupid pump on your back which is the only reason why I'd play Galaxy over Sunshine, my only fear is that it's all about planet jumping and not about solid platforming, wall jumps, spin jumps, climbing sequences, warp pipes... that kinda stuff. </rambling>
Oh, there's PLENTY of solid platforming, wall jumps, spin jumps, climbing sequences, warp pipes, etc. More than any other 3D Mario to date, in fact. The gravity element does add a lot to the game, but it doesn't take away from the basics. And it's VERY fun! XD
It's not very fun for people who gets sick easy.
Fortunately I don't get motion sickness. <3

But yeah it's the basic things, gravity seems like it'd be a hassle, as would the whole shooting stuff with the wii remote... It just doesn't seem very conventional but I'll take your word for it. :D
Dont worry about it, it becomes very natural when you play the game. You don't even notice yourself pointing the Wii Remote to collect Star Bits, you just do it. XD

Tyeforce said:
PieDisliker said:
I feel people don't give enough credit for a game's story. Twilight Princess' ending blew me away, while Galaxy felt like a game without a big bang at the end, a grand finale. It was like there was nothing really HUGE in galaxy. Both great, but I felt Twilight Princess had more of a fullfilling feeling.
Super Mario Galaxy is a Mario game. Mario games don't have in depth stories. They just don't. They focus on gameplay.
Iunno. Maybe there should've been a boss after Bowser. I mean... <div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Ganon after Zant</div> gave me a whole bunch of a nostalgic feeling. Maybe that's what it was missing.

PieDisliker said:
Tyeforce said:
PieDisliker said:
I feel people don't give enough credit for a game's story. Twilight Princess' ending blew me away, while Galaxy felt like a game without a big bang at the end, a grand finale. It was like there was nothing really HUGE in galaxy. Both great, but I felt Twilight Princess had more of a fullfilling feeling.
Super Mario Galaxy is a Mario game. Mario games don't have in depth stories. They just don't. They focus on gameplay.
Iunno. Maybe there should've been a boss after Bowser. I mean... <div class='spoiler_toggle'>Spoiler: click to toggle</div><div class="spoiler" style="display:none;">Ganon after Zant</div> gave me a whole bunch of a nostalgic feeling. Maybe that's what it was missing.
But Bowser IS the Ganon of Mario... Anyway, the main series platformer Mario games don't have much story to them, and they never will. If you want a Mario game with a good story, play the Paper Mario series or Mario & Luigi series.

Tyeforce said:
PieDisliker said:
Tyeforce said:
PieDisliker said:
But Bowser IS the Ganon of Mario... Anyway, the main series platformer Mario games don't have much story to them, and they never will. If you want a Mario game with a good story, play the Paper Mario series or Mario & Luigi series.
I'd say Sunshine's story was kinda different... As was Mario World, in a way.

They still could've made Bowser be ALMOST defeated, and then come back and require another 10-25 stars, to beat him for real. It doesn't even need two bosses (lol Bowser Jr).

LoZ: TP over Galaxy. They're both great games, but Galaxy was nothing but pretty colors most of the time.

Tyeforce said:
The Legend of Zelda may be my favorite series ever, and Twilight Princess is one of my favorite Zelda games, but I have to say that it just can't top Super Mario Galaxy. That game was pure epicness in every way. The gameplay was so amazing and fun, the graphics were beautiful, and the music...do I even have to say anything? Super Mario Galaxy has, in my honest opinion, the best soundtrack out of any game ever. The fully orchestrated music is just so amazing... When I first stepped onto Gardens Galaxy, it blew me away. And the Bowser battle music... Wow! All I have to say is that Super Mario Galaxy 2 is going to be too good to imagine.
I've played Twilight Princess a little bit, but I do agree with what Tye says here, except that I think Galaxy is the best game ever.

TP every time, all the time.
While you can argue that SMG looked pretty and had a good soundtrack, it had the difficulty level for a 3rd grader and only some of the parts were actual challenges.
Although SMS had the worst Bowser battle ever, I'll give them that. SMG wasn't that great though either.

Hmm... I agree that SMG's Music was better than LoZ TP. But wow. I guess im more into storyline.

Yeohkei said:
Megamannt125 said:
Well, me being a hardcore Zeldafag, I like TP better than MG.
I agree with you. But Zeldafag sounds wrong. >_<
It's standard chan speak to add "***" to the end of a word to turn it into a word that describes you. It's not mean to be offensive, lol.

Tyeforce said:
Yeohkei said:
Megamannt125 said:
It's standard chan speak to add "*censored.7.6*" to the end of a word to turn it into a word that describes you. It's not mean to be offensive, lol.
I understand but I'm more like a Zeldafreak.

Yeohkei said:
Tyeforce said:
Yeohkei said:
Megamannt125 said:
It's standard chan speak to add "*censored.7.6*" to the end of a word to turn it into a word that describes you. It's not mean to be offensive, lol.
I understand but I'm more like a Zeldafreak.
They're the same thing, lol. The one is just the internet's odd sense of humor. =p

Back