• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Should I Get Final Fantasy XIV or XV For PC?

AndroGhostX

Gomen Ne...
Bells
I've only actually played Final Fantasy once on 3ds or ds and enjoyed it, I can't remember which one it was though. So I figured I would give one of these two a try. Square Enix is having a sale right now on XIV, and they are currently out of copies for PS4, so I can't get it on PS4 and am unsure they will have more copies before sale ends.

I have heard negative things about XV on PS4, like it's a game for those who enjoy the series rather than the gameplay, because apparently the gameplay as far as combat is repetitive, and I know for sure that would be boring for me. And that the game was basically incomplete. Do any of you think differently of the game? With the PC edition coming out, maybe better changes have been made in comparison to the PS4 version.

Although, I suppose I could buy Final Fantasy XIV and wait until the reviews have come out for XV before making my decision on buying that one as well, especially if I enjoyed FFXIV.

So what are your thoughts about FFXIV for PC and FFXV for PC/PS4?

XIV is an MMO and nothing like a typical Final Fantasy game. It's good, I play it, but it's not a 'real' Final Fantasy game. Being an MMO I say the PC version, I've played the console version and it's fine but MMO's still play better on PC.
I also wouldn't focus on a physical copy of this too much since it is an MMO, the disc is basically worthless for it.

XV isn't released on PC yet so I can't give an opinion since I don't know whether the PC port is good or not. The game got free content updates anyway, so I wouldn't take 'reviews' closer to release as 100% accurate.

XIV is an MMO and nothing like a typical Final Fantasy game. It's good, I play it, but it's not a 'real' Final Fantasy game. Being an MMO I say the PC version, I've played the console version and it's fine but MMO's still play better on PC.
I also wouldn't focus on a physical copy of this too much since it is an MMO, the disc is basically worthless for it.

XV isn't released on PC yet so I can't give an opinion since I don't know whether the PC port is good or not. The game got free content updates anyway, so I wouldn't take 'reviews' closer to release as 100% accurate.

Tbh I'm not a fan of turn-based games anymore like most Final Fantasy games which is why I want to try out XIV. So you're saying a good MMO can't exist on console? I am leaning more towards XIV noe that I've thought about it more, and I'd rather wait for reviews to come out, even wait like months to see how XV is on PC.

Tbh I'm not a fan of turn-based games anymore like most Final Fantasy games which is why I want to try out XIV. So you're saying a good MMO can't exist on console? I am leaning more towards XIV noe that I've thought about it more, and I'd rather wait for reviews to come out, even wait like months to see how XV is on PC.

No, MMO's can work on console and XIV kinda proves that. It's still a WoW type 'tab target MMO' though, and they're just inherently a lot more user friendly and less clunky with K&M than controller. Not to mention the PC version has controller support anyway, so you can try both options.

Basically I recommend it on PC, but the console version isn't bad either.

And yea, I plan on doing the same with XV. Square's PC ports are very hit or miss, so it's best to leave it at least a few days after release to find out which it is.

No, MMO's can work on console and XIV kinda proves that. It's still a WoW type 'tab target MMO' though, and they're just inherently a lot more user friendly and less clunky with K&M than controller. Not to mention the PC version has controller support anyway, so you can try both options.

Basically I recommend it on PC, but the console version isn't bad either.

And yea, I plan on doing the same with XV. Square's PC ports are very hit or miss, so it's best to leave it at least a few days after release to find out which it is.

Oh that is good to hear that it has controller support as I was wondering about that. I'll give it a shot with PC to see how I like it. The last game I tried playing on PC without using a controller, felt uncomfortable with its layout, even with the ability to choose which keys do what, but I also think it just depends on the type of game to whether PC keys or controller works best.

Oh that is good to hear that it has controller support as I was wondering about that. I'll give it a shot with PC to see how I like it. The last game I tried playing on PC without using a controller, felt uncomfortable with its layout, even with the ability to choose which keys do what, but I also think it just depends on the type of game to whether PC keys or controller works best.

Yea, I usually use controllers myself. These types of MMO's and FPS's are pretty much the only things I'll opt for K&M for.

I'll point out as well, there's a free trial/demo for the game where you can level up to...Something like level 30 I think, not entirely sure since I never used the free trial. Your progress carries over when you buy it, so you could always try it out before throwing down some cash.

Yea, I usually use controllers myself. These types of MMO's and FPS's are pretty much the only things I'll opt for K&M for.

I'll point out as well, there's a free trial/demo for the game where you can level up to...Something like level 30 I think, not entirely sure since I never used the free trial. Your progress carries over when you buy it, so you could always try it out before throwing down some cash.

Yes I did try out the trial, but I actually wasn't really into it tbh. I think I would enjoy XV, but something came up and I don't have the money to spend on games atm. :(

Back