• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Should I buy Wild World?

lucylucy27

Bells
I’ve played ACNL since 2013, and it’s the only instalment of Animal Crossing I own. I’m not really interested in ACNH because it’s on the switch (I don’t have one) and looks a bit too new and polished for me, but I’ve been looking into getting Wild World recently. Would you recommend it for somebody used to playing New Leaf for 7 years, or would it be too much of a step back, and hard to adjust to? Thanks :)

I don't see why not. Everyone's different so you won't know until you try. It's a lot more relaxed than New Leaf and whether you like that or not, is up to you. I've seen people complain about that, but I personally find Wild World to be a lot more appealing than New Leaf ever was. You should just get it.

Wild World was one of my favourite games growing up. I’m sure that you could find it cheap enough online so it is worth a shot. The graphics may take a while to get used to as it is an old game.

it's still a great game and you can get it for pretty cheap online, so yes! you should give it a try imo

i say go for it! wild world is hella nostalgic and it’s kinda nice to see what the series looked like prior to new leaf imo aha

go for it!!! people sell their copies for so little that if you can get it second hand it really wont cost you much at all and you might enjoy it! i bought my first copy 3 years ago and play it every once in a while, its nice and the dialogues have more character to them hehe also the graphics arent as bad as everyone makes them out to be, you get used to them :) theres less to do in it than in acnl and the lack of wifi support makes it a little sad but honestly its not bad.

Last edited:
I'd say go for it! It should be very cheap right now if you can find it used. The only drawback is that the multiplayer/online servers went down a long ago. If you don't have a DS, I think it can be played on a 3DS too.

Last edited:
i think you should! i’ve owned my wild world cartridge for around 3 years but i never really played it because i thought it was boring compared to new leaf but now since im burnt out of new horizons, i decided to play new leaf again and try wild world. i gave it a chance and im loving it so far!

Back