Share Your Island Map

Guess I should post my new map...
View attachment 349475
I chose this layout specifically for the location of residential services! It's pretty centered, and there's a real nice amount of space between it and the beach. Not too much, not too little! I want to separate it from the rest of that section with a river so having that space was pretty important. I also wanted a river outlet on the left so my layout options ended up being really limited! There's like, 3 layouts with a left river and high RS, and in one of them RS was a little too high, so I was left with just two. And boy, did they take forever to show up! Jan 1st was almost over by the time I got this layout...
My favourite thing about this layout is how rocky the right side of the beach is! It's going to be super fun to decorate it, whenever it is that I'll be decorating the beaches. I also got the biggest peninsula, another sweet bonus for me!
I want terraforming already! But I'm not going to rush, not like I can with a self-ban on TTing anyway.

Also, do most of the short hairstyles in NH suck or am I just too picky? Where are my favourites Mr. "Fresh" and Mr. "I'll Settle Down"? Miss "I'm A Role Model" too! This bob is too long to be her... It really does hit different.

I've read somewhere that the secret beach's location is only possible in the acres A4, A5 and A6, if there's a left river outlet like yours. However, your secret beach's placement is in acre A3 - that must be a super rare condition, or maybe an "error" that occurred when the map was generated.
I guess you got really lucky!

I've read somewhere that the secret beach's location is only possible in the acres A4, A5 and A6, if there's a left river outlet like yours. However, your secret beach's placement is in acre A3 - that must be a super rare condition, or maybe an "error" that occurred when the map was generated.
I guess you got really lucky!
Ooo, I never knew about that! It's actually interesting you saying that - I had to redownload the game today due to corruption (the balloon wind sound would not. stop. playing), so it's very possible that the map generation was affected by that! There was a random coral near my house that was in the middle of the sand and not near water...
Kinda cool! I like having a unique map.

Guess I should post my new map...
View attachment 349475
I chose this layout specifically for the location of residential services! It's pretty centered, and there's a real nice amount of space between it and the beach. Not too much, not too little! I want to separate it from the rest of that section with a river so having that space was pretty important. I also wanted a river outlet on the left so my layout options ended up being really limited! There's like, 3 layouts with a left river and high RS, and in one of them RS was a little too high, so I was left with just two. And boy, did they take forever to show up! Jan 1st was almost over by the time I got this layout...
My favourite thing about this layout is how rocky the right side of the beach is! It's going to be super fun to decorate it, whenever it is that I'll be decorating the beaches. I also got the biggest peninsula, another sweet bonus for me!
I want terraforming already! But I'm not going to rush, not like I can with a self-ban on TTing anyway.

Also, do most of the short hairstyles in NH suck or am I just too picky? Where are my favourites Mr. "Fresh" and Mr. "I'll Settle Down"? Miss "I'm A Role Model" too! This bob is too long to be her... It really does hit different.

I love that map. Do you know anyone in person who plays NH? They could help you unlock terraforming without completing the K.K. Slider quest.

I love that map. Do you know anyone in person who plays NH? They could help you unlock terraforming without completing the K.K. Slider quest.
Thanks! I'm just going to wait for terraforming but... you can unlock it without the KK Slider quest?? Whaaaaat I'm so curious!

Thanks! I'm just going to wait for terraforming but... you can unlock it without the KK Slider quest?? Whaaaaat I'm so curious!

Yes. After unlocking K.K., all players you add to you island will automatically have the terraforming app installed. Alt characters can be moved to other islands either as the new Island Rep or Island Resident, and along with keeping all their items, house, and catalogue, they keep all their apps. So you have access to terraforming the very moment Nook gives you the phone on a new island.

Yes. After unlocking K.K., all players you add to you island will automatically have the terraforming app installed. Alt characters can be moved to other islands either as the new Island Rep or Island Resident, and along with keeping all their items, house, and catalogue, they keep all their apps. So you have access to terraforming the very moment Nook gives you the phone on a new island.
Well, I know what I'll be doing if I ever want a second town lmao

Well, I know what I'll be doing if I ever want a second town lmao

Yeah. So if you know anyone in person who plays, they can just send an alt character to your current island. Otherwise owning 2 Switches is the only other way.

20210105_123149.jpg

Here is my current map. I finally got all my buildings where I want them. Now I'm working on the actual landscaping and terraforming. Still trying to figure out the rivers and cliffs.

ErPhlxYVoAAMpVl

This was my island a few weeks ago before I decided to do a revamp

ErPhwzUUUAADdJP

And here is what my island looked like when I first started it

ErPioBUVgAIHgVQ

IMG_8977.JPG
2020052819021200-02CB906EA538A35643C1E1484C4B947D.jpg

These are my two island maps, Eynhallow is my new 2nd island and Tarasaigh is my main island, though it's an old map, as I've changed and added a few things and villagers have come and gone <3

IMG_35261.jpg

I chose this map because of the island in the middle, the cliffs in E2, and the river mouths facing south and east. The only thing that worries me is how close the town hall is to the airport. I imagine a quiet, winding entrance to a heavily wooded, grassy village and having a townhall so close might be a detriment to my future plans. ( Why, oh, why can't we move the town hall? :()

I've made some progress since this photo, but it isn't interesting enough to warrant talking about. I'm working hard on unlocking terraforming so I can finally tear everything down and get started on making my island feel, well, like my island! (I'm also aching for the hourly music. Why did Nintendo think it was a good idea to make tutorial music last so long? 😭)

Back