• Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Share Your Island Map

Does anybody have cliffs around their resident services or have seen an island who has done that? I really like the look, but I'm trying to figure out how to do it and make it look like it belongs without covering 3/4ths of my map in cliffs.

I'll be posting it here too then ♡

View attachment 232476

101958652_2813773572067074_3208933437052509289_o (1).jpg

Update time. Loving how it turned out, but still unsure of what to do with my entrance area.
Post automatically merged:

Does anybody have cliffs around their resident services or have seen an island who has done that? I really like the look, but I'm trying to figure out how to do it and make it look like it belongs without covering 3/4ths of my map in cliffs.

I have it behind my Resident Service. But as you can see my island is also covered in cliffs, haha. I made cliffs on both sides of the river behind the RS with the river being on the first level, so it gives off a canyon (?) vibe. For me that looks pretty natural, so that's one way to do it. ^^

Last edited:
Starting map (March):
Westwind 20 March.jpeg

April:
Westwind April.jpeg

June:
Westwind 5 June.jpeg

Still working on it (house isn't where it is anymore), but I'm so happy with how it's turned out! I was really bored with my island originally from April as the rivers were all basic and it just seemed a bit barren. Adding canals and streams that don't look too uniform and straight really spiced things up on my island, and adding more cliffs makes if feel mountainous and natural. I'm so happy that I didn't reset either as I was contemplating it because of RS and the Airport location, but I'm happy with the entrance even if it's simple!

If you ever feel like resetting but are hesitant, try changing the look first in case you may end up loving it like me!

Spike.jpeg

Also managed to capture my favourite photo so far of Spike by the entrance of the park 🥺

View attachment 272115

I have it behind my Resident Service. But as you can see my island is also covered in cliffs, haha. I made cliffs on both sides of the river behind the RS with the river being on the first level, so it gives off a canyon (?) vibe. For me that looks pretty natural, so that's one way to do it. ^^

You have my exact map! (Other than the penninsula) It is so helpful to see!

View attachment 272115

Update time. Loving how it turned out, but still unsure of what to do with my entrance area.
Post automatically merged:

I love how natural this looks.

Something about looking at everyone's map is so satisfying. I thought I wouldn't like the path markings from terraforming showing up, but I really grew to like it now! Here's mine as of today:

EaJLw6oUMAADEOz

I'm currently happy with all my villager house placements, although Ken will eventually take over Bianca's spot if she chooses to leave. The only area I'm unsure of is the campsite, but I'm almost always unhappy with it because I just don't like the building/tent itself haha. This is what my map looked like when I first started.

ETp7zllUMAAzKRl.jpeg

The only thing that really stayed the same is Scoot and Ursala's house plots. I haven't moved them since I first placed them and I think they are perfect there! The museum is also in the same location just now on the 2nd tier.

I love that we can terraform! Because this means everyone's map will eventually be unique. My map is a reflection (I hope) of my island's theme. Everything's pretty rustic and natural. Rivers are not canals. They flow into another river, lake or sea. Paths are meandering. Plenty of trees and flowers. For scenes from my island, you can check out my island's photo journal.

mapjune12-b.jpg

I love that we can terraform! Because this means everyone's map will eventually be unique. My map is a reflection (I hope) of my island's theme. Everything's pretty rustic and natural. Rivers are not canals. They flow into another river, lake or sea. Paths are meandering. Plenty of trees and flowers. For scenes from my island, you can check out my island's photo journal.

I love your map. I just checked out your photo journal too - your island is lovely! I'm also going for the rustic, natural look because I find busy built-up towns a bit much.

Here's mine! Still a WIP but it's looking okay so far. (Dom just moved out today so this is just a tad bit outdated)

map.jpg

My WIP map. Still a lot to do. I just ordered some stuff so I can start working on my park. It's also taking forever teo move the villagers houses to the neighbor I have set up for them. But at least the three houses that I still have to move aren't in the way of where I want to put my shops so there is that.

Current map

EakfrjhUMAA8v30

This is how it looked after I terraformed the first time. I didn't like the river

EaBj6yXUEAE9Y4Y

And this is what the starter map looked like

EZHv0H6UMAAHAhy

Now that I feel like I'm starting to more or less finalize how my island is structured, guess I'll throw this here. I don't use any custom paths other than, like, the default clover pattern and similar decorative stuff. I also use a lot of dirt for flowers and bushes that are meant to look planted. The result, as you might be able to tell, is a not very aesthetically pleasing map. But the island itself is, if you choose to take my word for it, gorgeous.

Eao2N8TWkAU-65i

Bonus ducks, here's the original map. I didn't change much. Ursala and Billy are also in their same general locations, though I did adjust their houses a few times.

EYGlxFkVcAEytJs

Now that I feel like I'm starting to more or less finalize how my island is structured, guess I'll throw this here. I don't use any custom paths other than, like, the default clover pattern and similar decorative stuff. I also use a lot of dirt for flowers and bushes that are meant to look planted. The result, as you might be able to tell, is a not very aesthetically pleasing map. But the island itself is, if you choose to take my word for it, gorgeous.

Eao2N8TWkAU-65i
I disagree, I think it looks fantastic. I'd love to visit if you're willing to let people tour.

Something about looking at everyone's map is so satisfying. I thought I wouldn't like the path markings from terraforming showing up, but I really grew to like it now! Here's mine as of today:

EaJLw6oUMAADEOz

I'm currently happy with all my villager house placements, although Ken will eventually take over Bianca's spot if she chooses to leave. The only area I'm unsure of is the campsite, but I'm almost always unhappy with it because I just don't like the building/tent itself haha. This is what my map looked like when I first started.

ETp7zllUMAAzKRl.jpeg

The only thing that really stayed the same is Scoot and Ursala's house plots. I haven't moved them since I first placed them and I think they are perfect there! The museum is also in the same location just now on the 2nd tier.
Your new island looks really cool ^^

I've finally finished terraforming my town, now I'm just adding details and waiting to unlock DIY's.
I wanted a natural-looking town with lots of log furniture and log ramps. Instead of having lots of paths, I wanted the cliffs and river shapes to naturally guide you around the town, I think it works quite well. It feels obvious where the paths would be if I put them in.

d69e96e93f970017442c54ed9dbc53ee_600x.jpg

EbDUzZ2UYAU2nPE.jpg

EbDU3cpU0AIA4iG.jpg

This is the top right of the map where Fang and Willow live. I wasn't really sure what to do with the space in front of their houses, so I was just messing about with rivers and cliffs and made this cute little area :)

EbDU7oIVcAIIdug.jpg

EbDUcv-UYAEh99_.jpg

EbDUhMHVAAAA12K.jpg

EbDUnLTVAAAxhtH.jpg

EbDUra_U4AA7Fuf.jpg

I am going to decorate this area more to give Whitney and Pekoe their own proper gardens :)

EbDUviZVcAA6gkR.jpg

I'm going to replace the lantern with a statue from Redd when I find a nice one.

EbDUVqyUMAAvQdP.jpg

This is the island in the middle of the village. It's the place you have to walk through a lot to get about, so I wanted it to be pretty :)

20200623_025843.jpg

My island, I got Deirdre and Iggly as my starting villagers which made me happy, they are both villagers I think are cute and can live with eventhough they arent my dreamies.
I feel very happy with a green airport and cherries as my fruit. Got Windflowers as starting flowers.

Did reset multiple times to get this one, but decided before I knew what villagers I got that this was it. Can't complain about anything.

Did decide to put my villagers on the beach because I dont know where I want them yet and I want to be able to terraform (once I unlocked it) freely. Will probably move my home to the beach as well when I can, because like I said, I want to terraform freely. But very happy with everything (eventhough I would've prefered pears over cherries but oh well):)

5758D37B-CF06-480E-A1D3-F263B6BD153A.jpeg
Not at all done yet. I’m worried my island is becoming a bit too regular, so I need to tweak the balance a bit between structure and wildness. I don’t have a theme, but I want it to feel a bit wild and free and be full of color. My natural inclination tends to want to coordinate things by color, symmetry, etc, but I am trying to fight that. I may change the dispersed paving stones to winding paths. Need to have something to break up the flowers for when I need to drop items or shoot down balloons. I think I still like my orderly museum hill, but not quite sure yet. The museum is so big and grand looking compare to the humbler looking other building, I don’t know quite how to fit it in

Back