• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Save the Bonk Reaction! - a petition

I like the bonk. I think it’s cute and I would never mean it as a mean thing. Just a fun thing. Bonk bonk bonk!!!

It just takes me back to getting on New leaf with my kids or my buddies and us bonking the heck out of each other just for fun and it was hilarious! and that’s the memory I will always have of the bonk hammer.

Last edited:
I would like to think the community here is wholesome enough to not abuse the power that comes with the mighty bonk.
Most of us are and I use the bonk and beans reacts out of fun. Bullying should never be accepted, but I don't think preventing other people's fun should come at the cost. I personally think the reacts should be given to long time members. If TBT Premium ever becomes a thing, special reacts like bonk can be one of the features.

Most of us are and I use the bonk and beans reacts out of fun. Bullying should never be accepted, but I don't think preventing other people's fun should come at the cost. I personally think the reacts should be given to long time members. If TBT Premium ever becomes a thing, special reacts like bonk can be one of the features.
Couldn’t have said it better.

Hard agree here.

Slightly off topic from bonk but, it would be cool to see TBT premium if that would ever need to become a thing. I've thought about that being a thing for some years now lol

If TBT Premium becomes a thing, how would one go about obtaining it? I don't think a forum can have microtransactions lol
(also I half-sign the petition)

If TBT Premium becomes a thing, how would one go about obtaining it? I don't think a forum can have microtransactions lol
(also I half-sign the petition)
I’m gonna need to know if you’re half signing with the Shiny half or the Dungeoneer half 😅😋

I’m fine with the reactions we currently have. I only use the like and the heart, even when additional reactions are added.

I'm not signing, it's very likely that limited time reactions will stay limited, and the bonk reaction is no exception.

• Bonk
Reactions: Doo
I'm not signing, it's very likely that limited time reactions will stay limited, and the bonk reaction is no exception.
Oh I know it is, this is just for fun. Totally not opposed to a premium option for even reacts in the future though.

i cannot stress enough how much i don't want to see paid features become a thing here
I don't think the forum would ever go that route. Maybe spending tbt for cool features would be the farthest they go. They already do that with the animated avatar and username change.

I saw mention of having cool features for older members. And I see that becoming an elitist thing to. You don't want to turn away new members.

I fully understand this was just a silly thread. I was just adding my cents. Threads like this are all in good fun.

*Ten minutes later.*

Mr. Jeremy Mr. Jeremy look! I have a petition list. Now you gotta do something!...Or else!
nah, we all already know that doesn't work...you know...permanent woods theme option, dark mode option. Those had "petitions" too, yet here we are. It's literally just for fun.

nah, we all already know that doesn't work...you know...permanent woods theme option, dark mode option. Those had "petitions" too, yet here we are. It's literally just for fun.
I know haha. I was just being silly. I'm usually not being serious when I make posts like that.

I don't remember a woods theme. That must had been from last years Halloween. I didn't participate in that event.

I think the bonk and beans reacts were super fun and the perfect reacts to implement for Farewell to New Leaf! I’m especially fond of the bonk react because I really liked bonking my friends and villagers with the Toy Hammer in New Leaf, and I’ve enjoyed there being a react with the same name as my silly cat LOL. I’ve of course also enjoyed bonking all of my forum friends. <3

All of that being said, I don’t see either react being kept permanently, nor do I necessarily think they should be. As much fun as having them is, I think a big part of what makes the temporary reacts (and backdrops) so special is that they’re temporary. They’re introduced in celebration of an event going on, and I feel like keeping them permanently past their respective event’s conclusion wouldn’t make sense. It would also lessen their appeal and specialness.

I also agree that the bonk react could potentially be used in negative ways. I know none of us have and we’ve all just been using it in good fun, but that doesn’t mean that someone else wouldn’t use it hurtfully in the future.

However, if staff wanted to implement a Bonk the cat react……

IMG_0815.jpeg

I don't think the forum would ever go that route. Maybe spending tbt for cool features would be the farthest they go. They already do that with the animated avatar and username change.

I saw mention of having cool features for older members. And I see that becoming an elitist thing to. You don't want to turn away new members.

I fully understand this was just a silly thread. I was just adding my cents. Threads like this are all in good fun.
they've mentioned it being a thought in the background before so i wouldn't say they never would. i just hope it doesn't happen lol.

and yeah if they do anything for older members it should just be a little badge on your profile or something, i don't agree with features being locked like that.

Back