Rumoured New Animal Crossing Game (To be Revieled During E3)

It'd be ridiculous to release (or even announce) another Animal Crossing game right at the release of the newest addition. It'd be better to wait a while.

I feel like any AC game for WiiU will turn out like City Folk and resemble too much of NL, just like CF resembled too much of WW. But who knows.

^ Omg, no. The Wii U version would be better than that... At least I hope it would. Better graphics, more ideas to be put in. I thought CF was just rushed?

It'll be silly to announce a Wii U instalment while the 3DS is about to be released outside of Japan and South Korea. Sure, they might be developping it right now, but it'd be still at the early stages of development when E3 is just around the corner. Don't expect it to be shown, especially if the source itself is sketchy at best.

Right now, it's tough to judge how the future Wii U instalment will fare comparing the rest of the franchise. I do however believe that the Wii U is far better suited for Animal Crossing than N64, GCN and Wii were. The gamepad has a screen, so the in-game keyboard won't be too painful to use, and inventory management will be as swift as the past portable AC games are. The Wii U instalment has a lot of potential to improve the flaws of ACNL, or from the franchise in general. Just wait for a couple of years or so, and we'll see...

City folk seems to have given console Animal crossing games such a bad rap. Trust me when the game comes, which it will in time without a doubt, It may not be a huge leap like new leaf is from city folk but it will most definitely have enough new content to keep it exciting and unique. Nintendo learnt from City Folk and wont do to much to let down the old ac fans again.

Even if they keep the new mayor formula there is so much more that they can do in the game. Bigger towns, more projects, more islands or places to swim, caves, new areas... Whatever they come up with in the end I'm sure it will be something new and magical.

This is what I think: No new Animal Crossing Game until at least 2016.

Considering the fact that we will have to wait at least another two years from the day of announcement until it eventually is released, we won't hear something about a new Animal Crossing game before 2014.

Moreover, the 3DS version isn't even released in the most parts of the world yet. So I highly doubt a 2016-release. It will probably be 2017 or 2018.

Already? Well, I guess I have a Wii U to use already even if they don't. I think it's a bit too soon to announce it, considering how long New Leaf took and it isn't already out worldwide yet.

I just really have no desire to buy a WiiU, and I'd hate to buy a whole new system just for a new AC game... But I've done that for the other AC games so most likely I will for the WiiU one too. :rolleyes:

I hope it's not an update of the portable like City Folk was. If it has a lot of new features like NL, then I might get it, but otherwise, no.

Hopefully they learned from their mistake.
The only thing I'm looking forward to from Nintendo at E3 is gameplay of Super Smas Bros. and Pokemon X/Y.
I'm not interested in any other games, and I don't think I'll be purchasing a Wii U any time soon.

I would get it when it comes out, and I certainly wouldn't be put off by an "early" announcement of a new installment. :D

After how great Wild World was, and how bad City Folk was, I don't think I'll ever pick up a console Animal Crossing again. I know it started on the N64, but Animal Crossing is really much better suited as a handheld game.
The GameCube version is still my favorite. City Folked sucked because it was just a better looking version of Wild World.

The GameCube version is still my favorite. City Folked sucked because it was just a better looking version of Wild World.

If they do come out with a new one so soon, then it most likely will be like New Leaf except on console, so yeah AC:CF status

I highly doubt that they'll make the same mistake twice, especially considering how well New Leaf's doing in Japan alone. I'm sure they'll put more effort into the next game.

I have a Wii U and I'm excited at the prospect of Nintendo making an overhaul to the ancient look of Animal Crossing. I'd love it if they went with how it looks like in Nintendoland.

^ That is exactly what I was thinking, I think 3rd person view would be cool on an AC for the Wii U.

Am I the only one who feels that CF and WW are two completely different games? I liked the AI inWW better, but the events and such better in CF.

Am I the only one who feels that CF and WW are two completely different games? I liked the AI inWW better, but the events and such better in CF.

No, you're not. I liked the events better, and I also must say even though I prefer AC on handhelds, I like the big screens when using the console. That's the only thing I like about console versions better~

Back