• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

RTS and general strategy game suggestions?

Psydye

music junkie, bookworm and Metroid fanboy
Bells
Switch
7007-0018-0241
Spring Sakura
Orange Heart Balloon
Sweet Balloon
Red Bunny Balloon
Sweet Heart Balloon
Pink Balloon
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Red Envelope
Hey, so my friend is really into RTS and strategy games in general, I was wondering if y' all could recommend some for the Switch. I've already recommended Fire Emblem, any other suggestions are much appreciated! Now, LIST AWAY!!

Generally I dislike RTS games quite some, but if you want good strategy in general, get Civ VI if you don't have it already. V is definitely better though it's only on Steam/computers I think.

Last edited:
I've never really dived into real-time strategy because they seem kind of daunting to me, though I've been kind of interested in trying some. As such, I can only suggest turn-based stuff.

Since you already mentioned Fire Emblem...

If he hasn't played them before, the Sega Genesis Classics game for the Switch includes Shining Force: The Legacy of Great Intention and Shining Force II among its collection. If he enjoys those, the collection also features Shining In The Darkness, which is part of the same series, though it's a dungeon-crawler rather than a strategy game.

Project Triangle Strategy was announced earlier this year and will release in 2022, probably under a different title. There's a playable demo he can try, it might pique his interest.

There's also Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle, though I've never actually played that and can't say whether it's worthwhile or not. They announced a sequel as well.

Back