• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Pokémon RIP Pokemon Go

MozzarellaSticks

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ ANN PERKI
Bells
Yellow Candy
Tasty Cake
Didn't even make it a month. Such a tragedy to see a young hopeful go so soon. :(

What happened to it? I thought it's still popular today.

Niantic, the company that made the game, decided that removing features instead of fixing bugs would be the best solution to the game. Can't really track Pokemon without the tracker, so...

Niantic, the company that made the game, decided that removing features instead of fixing bugs would be the best solution to the game. Can't really track Pokemon without the tracker, so...

But is everyone quitting Pokemon Go?

Let's not forget they shut down all third party trackers, and made low level Pokemon be able to escape and dodge Pokeballs from high level players.

Last edited:
It's not the majority of players, but there's a bunch of people that are quitting and/or asking for refunds on their in-app purchases. I believe some people have also taken to writing to The Pokemon Company (claims of PoGo hurting the Pokemon brand or something).

I don't mind Niantic making such decisions as they made in the latest patch, as long as they communicate the reasons why. However, they don't communicate at all and are taking the fun out of the game themselves.

Take a look at this article. I did some research on what is happening and found this.

After Niantic removed the tracker and asked for third-party sites to shut down, people are already demanding refunds from the company. They even gave it low ratings on the App Store out of grief rather than being legit ratings.

Only the bandwagon players are quitting, lmao. Because there's no way to cheat anymore it's not easy anymore 8)))))))

(WB btw)

Let's not forget they **** down all third party trackers, and made low level Pokemon be able to escape and dodge Pokeballs from high level players.

Not sure why you needed to make an entirely new thread just for this when there is a Pokemon go thread :rolleyes:

And anyone that was using Pokevision/third party trackers were cheating anyways (if you want to call it that) - yes the footprints stopped working, but would everyone be *****ing about it if Niantic never initially released that feature to begin with? No, they wouldn't. & what do you seriously expect when you're at a higher level? The game can't stay easy forever.

I seriously don't understand why everyone can't just enjoy the game, lmao. Like if you wanted to play a real pokemon game, go pick up your DS.

Only the bandwagon players are quitting, lmao. Because there's no way to cheat anymore it's not easy anymore 8)))))))

(WB btw)

Bandwagon fans in general aren't true fans. And this is not just Pokemon Go related.

(WB btw)

Not sure why you needed to make an entirely new thread just for this when there is a Pokemon go thread :rolleyes:

And anyone that was using Pokevision/third party trackers were cheating anyways (if you want to call it that) - yes the footprints stopped working, but would everyone be *****ing about it if Niantic never initially released that feature to begin with? No, they wouldn't. & what do you seriously expect when you're at a higher level? The game can't stay easy forever.

I seriously don't understand why everyone can't just enjoy the game, lmao. Like if you wanted to play a real pokemon game, go pick up your DS.

I think people are more upset about the lack of communication between Niantic and the players. Niantic is rather notorious for not keeping in touch with the community, and only now they're responding to support tickets that are at least several weeks old from what I've read on Reddit. I haven't been really majorly affected, so I probably don't have much to complain about anyway.

I think people are more upset about the lack of communication between Niantic and the players. Niantic is rather notorious for not keeping in touch with the community, and only now they're responding to support tickets that are at least several weeks old from what I've read on Reddit. I haven't been really majorly affected, so I probably don't have much to complain about anyway.

At least Nintendo does have communication with the fans. I sent an e-mail to them asking about if Pokemon Stadium or Pokemon Snap will be released on the Virtual Console, and they said that they'll have my comments heard across all of NoA to consider adding them on the Wii U eShop for North America.

I honestly do think that tracker websites would have come to exist even if tracking had never been a feature in the first place, since generally people like to know where things are. Most people don't like wasting time and seeing a really rare Pokemon in the radar but not knowing where it is makes people die inside.

Last edited:
even if everyone stopped playing it is still the all time best selling mobile game of all time,and it did it way faster then Candy Crush so that can never be taken away and Pokemon moon is posed to be best new pokemon game ( certainly is rumours are true most inventive in long time)
so weather pokemon go dies or not Pokemon will live on which is all i care about.

(WB btw)

It's a geo caching not game. A tracker is kind of the point. The fact they released it with one means it was meant to be trackable. Of course people are going to be mad it got removed. If it started without it it would have been a different game, so I don't see why that would even matter.

Bruh, we're talking Level 10 Pidgey escaping a Level 22. That's not "making it harder." That's making it so people have to buy Pokeballs.

It seems like you can't enjoy the game, though. You're taking this pretty hard. Does it really affect you how other people play? I'm sure there are people that prefer the game to be randomly running into Pokemon, and that's fine. Different strokes for different folks. It's just understandably going to make a lot of people upset when a game they've been playing becomes different.

It just isn't fun if you don't know where the Pokemon is. I've tried tracking a Pokemon, while walking in freaking circles in every direction and then they've just ran off. This just isn't fun anymore, it feels more like grinding. How are we supposed to fill our Pokedexes if we can't find the Pokemon? Niantic has played themselves in the long run.

Edit: minor text fixes. :cool:

My main issue is that Niantic just got rid of a pretty essential feature entirely instead of fixing it. I wouldn't mind if sites like Pokevision were taken down if the tracking just worked again.

Last edited:
It's a geo caching not game. A tracker is kind of the point. The fact they released it with one means it was meant to be trackable. Of course people are going to be mad it got removed. If it started without it it would have been a different game, so I don't see why that would even matter.
I've seen a few people say that finding Pokemon in the main games is random and that's why they're okay with the removal of the footsteps, but in reality the main games have always given players a lot of certainty of where to find Pokemon, even without the use of external sites. All Pokedexes have a Location function which show players where that Pokemon appears. Go's systems are based on the main games, so the footsteps tracker was just a modified version of the Location feature. Not having a tracker from the get-go would have been really weird.

My main issue is that Niantic just got rid of a pretty essential feature entirely instead of fixing it. I wouldn't mind if sites like Pokevision were taken down if the tracking just worked again.
If the tracking worked I would never have started using PokeVision or Pokemon Go Map Live.

Last edited:

Bruh, we're talking Level 10 Pidgey escaping a Level 22. That's not "making it harder." That's making it so people have to buy Pokeballs.

It seems like you can't enjoy the game, though. You're taking this pretty hard. Does it really affect you how other people play? I'm sure there are people that prefer the game to be randomly running into Pokemon, and that's fine. Different strokes for different folks. It's just understandably going to make a lot of people upset when a game they've been playing becomes different.

I never played Ingress and this is my first "tracker" game - so I guess I never knew all the "perks" or "what it could be" - never really used the footprints since they were always unreliable. Anyways - what I'm saying is, people shouldn't be so hard on Niantic. I mean, yeah - they're ****ty at responding and need to hire some PR real quick. But the more ya'll complain, there won't be a game at the end. & let's be real, it's a free game.

I can't enjoy the game? Not sure where you got that from, since I do actually still enjoy the game.

I've seen a few people say that finding Pokemon in the main games is random and that's why they're okay with the removal of the footsteps, but in reality the main games have always given players a lot of certainty of where to find Pokemon, even without the use of external sites. All Pokedexes have a Location function which show players where that Pokemon appears. Go's systems are based on the main games, so the footsteps tracker was just a modified version of the Location feature. Not having a tracker from the get-go would have been really weird.
It's a bit different, too, because the Pokemon games had a limited map. Pokemon Go had the whole world, and confirmed there are continent specific Pokemon. You actually have to physically move to the Pokemon. It's just not possible to catch all the Pokemon without a tracker system in place.

- - - Post Merge - - -

I never played Ingress and this is my first "tracker" game - so I guess I never knew all the "perks" or "what it could be" - never really used the footprints since they were always unreliable. Anyways - what I'm saying is, people shouldn't be so hard on Niantic. I mean, yeah - they're ****ty at responding and need to hire some PR real quick. But the more ya'll complain, there won't be a game at the end. & let's be real, it's a free game.

I can't enjoy the game? Not sure where you got that from, since I do actually still enjoy the game.
You're taking this hard, like you personally work for Niantic. Kind of hard for me to see you having fun playing if you're so angry and worried about how other people think and play.

Even Google apologized, and gave refunds. Niantic is refusing to listen to complaints. Instead, they made an update to wipe out heir one star reviews, and removed their contact email.

Also Niantic disabled the support email from their game. Which is against Android and Apple's T&C. That it self is a big biiiiig no no.

Back