• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Reply vs. quote

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshi155

“I want to go home and rethink my life”
Bells
Switch
6929-4509-7861
Black Hybrid Rose
Pink Hybrid Rose
Black Hybrid Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
Red Rose
What's the difference between replying to a post someone made and quoting a post? Is it that you get a different notification or something?

I think quoting and replying are used interchangeably. Quoting gives you a notification, as does tagging someone as such: @Yoshi155

Keep in mind that editing your post won’t notify the person being pinged. Pinged is when you tag someone using the @ symbol.

What's the difference between replying to a post someone made and quoting a post? Is it that you get a different notification or something?
if you're talking about the options at the bottom right of a post, the "reply" button is just to reply to one post like i did in this post it'll immediately bring you to a box to write your reply. the quote button is so you can get multiple posts to insert and reply to without forcing the box up immediately. when you write the post after using the multi-quote button, you'll get a button under the text editor next to attach files that says to attach quote.

Within your Account Preferences, scroll to 'Receive a notification when someone…'

If you have notifications enabled for when someone quotes your message, you will receive a notification when someone replies to or 'quotes' your post.

Effectively, they serve the same purpose in replying to someone; however, quoting enables you to reply to multiple messages within a single post rather than replying to only one.

Using the messages in this thread as an illustration of this feature for any that may wish to use it:

Select quote for each post you'd like to comment on. It will highlight like so:
Screenshot_20231212_111940_Chrome.jpg

Select 'Insert quotes'
Screenshot_20231212_110557_Chrome.jpg

Confirm the posts you'd like to add, and then select 'Quote messages'
Screenshot_20231212_110604_Chrome.jpg

You'll then have all of the messages you've quoted in your post to easily reply to all of them in a single post
Screenshot_20231212_110619_Chrome.jpg

Alternatively, you can highlight specific text in a post and add only your selection to multi quote feature above
Screenshot_20231212_113325_Chrome.jpg

Okay, I think I get it now. Thanks to everyone who explained this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back