• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Random thoughts thread.

Happy 4th Anniversary.

I was walking to my car this morning when I got hit by a nostalgic spring feeling which reminded me of the game's release. Coincidentally today also happens to be the 20th.

It's been four years now. Wow. I still remember the bunched-up excitement I had when the game first came out, and I played it to death throughout the next few months as I had nothing else to do for obvious reasons. It was the one happy thing I could look forward to.

I don't like hourly music when you upgrate you resident service. I prefer music from the beginning of the game, our first hours, days... I feel better.

I don't like hourly music when you upgrate you resident service. I prefer music from the beginning of the game, our first hours, days... I feel better.
I actually feel the opposite. I hated the music that played at the beginning of the game because it was so basic and repetitive. It’s kind of nostalgic but that’s the only saving grace.

I way prefer it in older games when you would only listen to the prologues for like 30 minutes total, and there were multiple so you were really only listening to each one for a max of 10 minutes.

I been thinking about switching Nibbles for Gabi or Bonbon so I can have 4 bunnies again. 😭
I wish Nintendo would let us have more than 10 villagers again.

I actually feel the opposite. I hated the music that played at the beginning of the game because it was so basic and repetitive. It’s kind of nostalgic but that’s the only saving grace.

I way prefer it in older games when you would only listen to the prologues for like 30 minutes total, and there were multiple so you were really only listening to each one for a max of 10 minutes.
Omg yes I couldn’t wait to unlock the hourly music, that same song all the time drove me crazy 😂

I've been giving my long-time villagers wrapped fossils and getting new items from my catalogue for a while now, but my villagers are now mainly giving me items that are already in my catalogue. I suspect that I'm giving my villagers the exact same fossils that I've already given them, and that's why I'm not getting new items any more, but I have no idea which fossils I've given each villager. I can probably give them each a stack of each kind of fruit once per villager and get new items, but after that, I'll have to put in some work to come up with high-value items to give them.

My random thought is that, like any other game, people complain, usually non-stop. But unlike other games, there are no personal, vicious or vulgar attacks towards other members, which seems to be acceptable in other current popular games.

I think that says a lot about Animal Crossing.

So... I love this game, and all of you. ❤️

I found a lost item that belonged to Peanut and returned it to her. Then she gave me a sweater dress, which I didn’t want so I gifted it to her, and she commented on how it looked familiar. It makes a lot of sense that this would be a feature but I didn’t know it happened because I rarely ever even gift villagers items in the first place.

I found a lost item that belonged to Peanut and returned it to her. Then she gave me a sweater dress, which I didn’t want so I gifted it to her, and she commented on how it looked familiar. It makes a lot of sense that this would be a feature but I didn’t know it happened because I rarely ever even gift villagers items in the first place.
Yeah, that surprised me the first time it happened! :ROFLMAO: What's really bad is that when I was giving out the Toy Day gifts, I was having trouble finding all of the gifts that I bought so I just bought another toy dinosaur and gave it as is to one of my villagers. Unknown to me, that villager had just given me a toy dinosaur so she had a thought bubble about how the dinosaur I gave her was the exact same color as the one she had given me.

I've gifted my villagers items and clothes that they previously gave to me long ago, and they can still remember giving me the same item. For example, if Tom gifted me a gray sweatshirt and I decided to gift him the same colored sweatshirt over 8 months later without previously knowing that he gifted it to me prior, he'll still have the thought bubble speech. Either these villagers have razor sharp brains or they really don't remember a whole lot else that occurs on my island.

I kind of miss the New Leaf interaction where villagers may occasionally show you letters that you've previously written to them, and sometimes they can be hilariously embarrassing. Being that there is a Nook Miles goal of sending 300 letters, I'm surprised that feature didn't return. I would love to revisit some of the stupid letters I've sent to my villagers over the 4-year span of playing this game.

I regret going out my way to get all my dream villagers/items in ACNH. Now I can no longer enjoy the game the same as before..thinking of restarting sometime soon when I buy another membership so i can give and sell things away to fully restart fresh without time traveling or owning every single item I've ever wanted.

I'm having way more fun with ACNH than I did the last time I played. Probably because I haven't played New Leaf in a while and can't be mad at the things I miss :ROFLMAO:

I kinda miss the pastel look of the pink and purple tulips, I believe this was only in CF.

tumblr_nfwovpynMr1rz7gt1o2_500.jpg

Buck did the same thing with me. He gave me a picture of himself (I already owned one) So I regifted it to him so he could put it in his house. He's shallow like that.

is there going to be another animal crossing released soon? Or ever again? I wonder

is there going to be another animal crossing released soon? Or ever again? I wonder
I doubt they’d just end one of their series so unceremoniously. If Nintendo was to end a series, they’d probably make a really big game, or leave it in decade long limbo like with Star Fox or F-Zero. Then they might release another game, but considering AC’s last game was successful, I doubt they’d give it the Star Fox treatment.

I’d imagine what's taking so long for a new game to be announced would be due to most of the DEVs focusing their attention on Splatoon 3 (which should see end of content updates later this year) and ongoing rumors about the next Nintendo console coming out. Keep in mind that the series isn't as highly-recognizable as Mario and Pokemon where new ideas, levels and characters can be created seemingly at any time. I could be entirely wrong about this, but Pokemon seems to have multiple new games (mainline or not) released per year, and the Mario franchise continues to release 2D/3D hybrid games annually.

Yes, NH eventually became the best-selling game in Japan (outselling the first GameBoy Pokemon games) and one of the best-selling Nintendo games period, but it also came right in the middle of an unfortunate time where many people were forced to stay at home, and it caught on with the common crowd as a result. There were even celebrities (Elijah Wood being one) that played the game. Most played it for only a few months, and then moved on to other games as they were slowly being released. While I do agree that NH's content lifespan could've been expanded a bit more than it did, Nintendo has historically played it safe with promoting this franchise and never oversaturated it in my opinion. They can get away with promoting Mario, Zelda and Pokemon all the time as all three are long-running, highly successful franchises that are well over 30 years old. They have characters and branding that are easily recognized by a ton of non-gamers at this point. As Animal Crossing is a casual game series, it does have a reputation of being "boring" to some gamers. Hate to say it as I'm a huge fan myself, but it's true. It's not for everyone.

There will definitely be another mainline game; believe me. Nintendo knows that a lot of people love this series, and there's still potential for it compared to Star Fox and F-Zero like what Yoshi above me said. An announcement will come; it simply won't be immediate.

Back