• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Random thoughts thread.

I was going to name my new island Bark City or Inu City but decided against it. I settled on Cozy Grove. The reason for this change is because I want to make an all dog island. I'm still going to do that but give the island a neutral name so that if I do want to change it up with different species, I wouldn't stuck with a dog themed name. I had two criteria for this island: centered RS and double south facing river mouths. Those two things are very key for the shopping area I want to make on my island.

So the last Animal Crossing game to have neither grass decay nor breaking tools is Wild World. It seems that every Animal Crossing game since City Folk, a new frustrating, yet overly common mechanic gets added.
I feel like they saw what Botw did and wanted to replicate it. But it works in that game because of the lore and it being a survival adventure game. It's just a bad idea in a chill slice of life sim game.

It’s really strange that New Leaf’s hourly soundtrack uses steel drums in at least a third of the selection, but New Horizons, the island game, doesn’t. I’m pretty sure most of the songs that use that instrument, which isn’t very many, aren’t even hourly themes.

It’s really strange that New Leaf’s hourly soundtrack uses steel drums in at least a third of the selection, but New Horizons, the island game, doesn’t. I’m pretty sure most of the songs that use that instrument, which isn’t very many, aren’t even hourly themes.

That was a critique I had of New Leaf's daytime music; it was way too islandy.

That was a critique I had of New Leaf's daytime music; it was way too islandy.
I do like New Leaf’s hourly music, but I definitely get this. Songs like 12pm sound like they should play on Tortimer Island.

I do like New Leaf’s hourly music, but I definitely get this. Songs like 12pm sound like they should play on Tortimer Island.
That song actually plays on the Portable Radio as a commercial along with the 3 pm hourly theme. :)
I often hear them whenever I'm near one.

I finally had a villager leave my Island (Baabra) so today I get to go villager hunting!! Yayyy
I don't mind Baabra, I just felt like a new villager, and it would've been her, T-Bone or Vivian (once she gives me her villager photo) because I like having new villagers before I get desired villagers.

Hipefully it won't take too long, usually I have a back up plan and shuffle my amiibo cards and pick a character and bring them to the Island but I had a campsite villager on the day learning Baabra was leaving and I didn't want Pudge. DX

I'm not sure if anyone else knows this, as I haven't heard anyone else say it yet, but...

The villager sprites are reused from official artwork belonging to a certain Animal Crossing game.

For example, T-Bone's sprite is based on his official artwork from Population Growing.

1710769458656.gif
1710769471665.png

Another example is that Rodeo's sprite is based on his official artwork in City Folk.

1710769763326.gif
1710769776456.png

And the other example is that Vic's sprite is also based on his official artwork, used for New Leaf.

1710769876999.gif
1710769968940.png

Reactions: Doo
My island currently looks like an episode of hoarders and I'm okay with that

• Bonk
Reactions: Doo
punchy and lobo really do be the absolute slay. love their colour schemes together!
For a moment, I read Lobo as Lolly and nearly went like:

Omgcutestcatseveraretogetherdatingandhavingfuni’mmeltingfromthecutenessoverloadomgomgomg!!!!!

…yeah, I know. But I could definitely see Punchy and Lobo as neighbors for a town theme, or polar opposites in terms of species and personality while maintaining similar looks.

If the new Animal Crossing game doesn’t come out until 2027, then the time gap between the new game and ACNH would be just as long as the time gap between ACNL and ACNH. But it didn’t feel that long to me.

Also, happy 4th Anniversary, ACNH!

Back