• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Random thoughts thread.

Moritz

Bells
Tasty Cake
I've been thinking for a while now we could do with a thread where you could just drop your random stray new horizons thoughts and ideas that did not fit into another thread, but did not justify a thread of its own.

Like if something funny happened to you but you've got no screen shot to put in to the picture thread.
Or if you just want to squee about a villager you love.
Or if you wanted to moan you got stung by wasps.

Say what's on your mind!

I don't know why but collecting villager photos and posters has been fun that gives me motivation to keep inviting different villagers.
I'm completely with you!
I had nearly all the villagers I wanted now, and settled on a permanent line up.
But trying to get the photos of new villagers gave me content for like 6 months straight!

Meeting new villagers is what has kept me playing and having fun for so long.

I KNOW Tybalt is my favorite villager but... I think Megan might be.
I love so many jocks, so while I would be sad to not have Tybalt, I could have so many other villagers take his place and be super happy with them.

But Megan truly is irreplaceable.
I dont like that many normal villagers designs because they are so "cute" (boring) but Megan is so full of character and life.
She makes me smile every time I talk to her.

I wanted to buy a plush of her, but I could only find one on etsy and it... was not good.

But Megan truly is irreplaceable.
I dont like that many normal villagers designs because they are so "cute" (boring) but Megan is so full of character and life.
She makes me smile every time I talk to her.
Megan is super underrated. I think Cyd is, too. I'd love to have those two on my island eventually, but I haven't seen either of them on any of the Mystery Islands I've been to!

Megan is super underrated. I think Cyd is, too. I'd love to have those two on my island eventually, but I haven't seen either of them on any of the Mystery Islands I've been to!
If you get a plot, I Megan is currently for sale on the villager trading section here.

I love her so much I have her on both my islands.

The person selling her now is actually the person I bought her for for island 2.

Something to consider!

I love the little game cockroaches. When I’m inside the house though, for some reason they always follow the player around. If I stand still, they hide between my feet, so when I move, I kill them. Why do they do this? 😭
I don’t want to squish them.

Also, anyone know if they show up on the dream address? I’d love if they did show when I upload mine (eventually). Never seen them in anyone else’s.

Last edited:
My thoughts now are that Megan is super cute every time she makes an expression.
Theyre all the best.
She may look kind of funny but once you get past it she's the best.

Seriously you should all get Megan if you can
I've never met a villager i love more
I love Megan. I love going to her house and touching her bath just so she can tell me how great her bath is.

Also, my random thought today is that I would love for imperfect snowboys to be happy with their flaws! I've rolled two snowboys upside down on accident, and they hate that.

Its so strange switching between North and South island that it messes with your brain with different seasons.

I love all of the Megan positivity on this thread. I had her on my last island, and when I reset and she was gone, it just felt...incomplete, to the point where I knew I had to get her back. Thankfully, someone on TBT was selling her, and she's never allowed to leave. I'm a sucker for both bear villagers and normal villagers, so it probably explains why I love her so much...but there's just something about her that makes me genuinely happy. If I'm having a bad day, I boot up the game, talk to Megan, and instantly feel a bit better.

When I hold my vaulting pole, I like to imagine whacking the villager I'm in a conversation with right between the eyes or on top of their head if they are annoying me. 😌

It's usually normal or lazy villagers.

My husband just royally wound me up.

Apparently I'm too in to the game because I've decided that the housing area near the airport is the poor district because prices would be lower there due to noise pollution.

Apparently he can't understand my "story" for the island at all and I'm putting too much thought in to it. Guess shame on me for being creative.

So anyways. Hes in another room now, and I'm making my housing districts :)

My husband just royally wound me up.

Apparently I'm too in to the game because I've decided that the housing area near the airport is the poor district because prices would be lower there due to noise pollution.

Apparently he can't understand my "story" for the island at all and I'm putting too much thought in to it. Guess shame on me for being creative.

So anyways. Hes in another room now, and I'm making my housing districts :)
I'm afraid to ask who lives in the poor housing district. 😭

Back