Random thoughts thread.

I'm not going to lie, I kinda miss the whole rumor mill that was created by your own villagers.
Like rumors of villagers might be dating or not getting along with each to the point that they break out into fights.

I'm not going to lie, I kinda miss the whole rumor mill that was created by your own villagers.
Like rumors of villagers might be dating or not getting along with each to the point that they break out into fights.
No wonder we all had to create our own lore. Discussions with villagers regarding non-player friendships and rumors were pretty much dumbed-down in this game compared to older ones, if that makes sense.

On a related note, I would love to see moments of villagers feeling upset or depressed for more than 10 minutes due to conflicts that the player cannot witness. It would be an interesting task in the next game to see if you could patch broken friendships caused between villagers, and figure out what went wrong. If this "task" is left unsolved over several days or weeks, that may result in one or both villagers possibly moving away from the town (with your consent, of course). That would definitely pull some heartstrings and get players to care a bit more about the villagers they talk to, not to mention sending a message to apply some of the friendship-repair techniques in the real world. That would be much needed IMO.

My sister is starting New Horizons today! She needs to get used to the Animalese... Every time a character speaks she babbles along with them for the heck of it 😅 Also, I've had to help her with the controls a few times because she was pretty confused with how it all works. Other than that, things are going swimmingly!

P.S. Her island name is Hiraya and her starter villagers are Shari and Buck!
P.S.S. One time she asked whether the NPCs were bots or other players. Obviously, they're bots!

If only I could give up on the Cast Master Achievement. I tell myself I've given up on catching 100 fish in a row, and then I get optimistic about making progress towards the Achievement, only to once again fail at catching a fish. :cry:

What's really frustrating about this is that I apparently made it to 91 fish in a row once. I wasn't trying to complete the Achievement then, and I can't mindtrick myself into that relaxed state of mind again.

My random thought of the day:
I hate achievements in any game but .. sometimes.. that's what pushes people to play..... rip.

My random thought of the day:
I hate achievements in any game but .. sometimes.. that's what pushes people to play..... rip.
I'm not one for decorating so completing my catalogue and Achievements are what I focus on. I just wish the Achievements were more reasonable. I can usually ignore the Achievements that are completely out of bounds (I'm not going to play for two years straight so that I can attend K. K.'s concerts 100 times), but Cast Master is in a weird zone where it's just close enough to possible that I can't make myself give up on it.

I wish we could do a reaction in-game like what Bruce does in his picture. His cross-arm expression is something I often do in real life, and I find it very cool as a pose in general. Pair it with my love of sunsets, and you've got one of the best villager pictures in the game IMO:

Bruce%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png

Sheldon's picture is similar as well, though less serious:

Sheldon%27s_Poster_NH_Texture.png

Maybe picture poses will appear in a Photopia-like setting in the next game. It's got a ton of potential.

I really resent the fact that there are no burgers in New Horizons.. like.. veggie burgers exist! Haloumi burgers! Soy burgers!! Bean burgers! I'd even settle for some kind of dessert burger abomination. Just let me make a burger restaurant, Nintendo

Uh, here is my collection of Series 5 amiibo cards. It's incomplete because I don't get a lot of opportunities to buy more packs but I like it. Posting here since I have nowhere else to share them
IMG0726.jpeg

I really resent the fact that there are no burgers in New Horizons.. like.. veggie burgers exist! Haloumi burgers! Soy burgers!! Bean burgers! I'd even settle for some kind of dessert burger abomination. Just let me make a burger restaurant, Nintendo
I take it that having such items would offend the cow and bull villagers, like Patty on my island. Just sayin'.

But really, we don't even get pepperoni pizza, but a tomato-slice alternative. Almost no meat in general is accounted for in the game, other than fish and some furniture items. I mean, really...

I've received a bit of rejuvenation from playing the game again. I'm not doing a whole lot, but I noticed some areas on my island would look a bit better if I redid them a bit. I'm even considering overhauling the farm area entirely, but that will take quite a bit of planning. The things people make and share on Pinterest have given me inspiration to touch up various things.

Now if I could only remain committed to making cities in Minecraft...

Design-wise, Snooty villagers are by average the worst personality. However, the new ones introduced in ACNH (Judy and Petri), as well as the GameCube Snooty villagers in Wild World (Amelia, Queenie, Mint, Purrl etc.) aren’t all that bad in character design.

Design-wise, Snooty villagers are by average the worst personality. However, the new ones introduced in ACNH (Judy and Petri), as well as the GameCube Snooty villagers in Wild World (Amelia, Queenie, Mint, Purrl etc.) aren’t all that bad in character design.
I agree. They're not spectacular to me either in my opinion. However, in terms of villagers introduced after GameCube and before New Horizons, I personally like Blanche (matches well with harmonious themes), Diana (I love the deer species in general) and Whitney (elegant-yet-simplistic design; also has a major side role in the film).

Honestly, most of the good-looking snooty villagers were introduced in the GameCube games. After that, the designs of the newer villagers got a bit much in terms of makeup. Eliminate some of it, and they could potentially look a bit more decent. At least it was toned down when Judy and Petri were introduced.

If only I could give up on the Cast Master Achievement. I tell myself I've given up on catching 100 fish in a row, and then I get optimistic about making progress towards the Achievement, only to once again fail at catching a fish. :cry:

What's really frustrating about this is that I apparently made it to 91 fish in a row once. I wasn't trying to complete the Achievement then, and I can't mindtrick myself into that relaxed state of mind again.
I had to double check I wasn't the one who made this post-- for almost 4 years I was also, believe it or not, stuck at 91 in similar circumstances, but I finally got the full achievement a couple months ago. You can do it!

I decided I've had enough of this Playground kidcore theme I was trying to do. Playground is themeless because I'm fed up with trying to theme. I'm an overthinker and trying to get villagers to match a theme is killing the fun of this game for me.

I was thinking about resetting and choosing a name that doesn't necessarily have to be themed like Ossipri from my New Leaf days but decided against it because I like the name playground for an island, kidcore or not. And I like my island. I'm still going to go for that fun upbeat vibe. I've always wanted a shopping district and a land bridge on my island so I'm definitely going to go for those. And back when this game first released, I did a very beautiful waterfall behind my museum and I want to do that again so I'm going to focus on doing things on this island that I always wanted and things I've done before and not trying to base it on a theme. As villagers, I will just have villagers on my island that I want, not based on a theme.

I already have an idea on some of the villagers I want: I want Francine and Crissy (the twin bunnies) never had either of them on my island before, and especially not together and since I have both their amiibos, it's possible now. I want Lolly and Sylvana. Lolly is just too cute and Sylvana is as really cool looking squirrel. So those are some villagers I want on Playground. I don't know who else but not going worry about it right now.

Back