• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Random thoughts thread.

you were able to hit villagers with an axe in the first generation Animal Crossing games only???
Pretty sure every game allows you to smack villagers with whatever you want. Obviously don't just walk up to them and press A, you gotta run at them and time it right. 🪓🏃 But uhh... what are you doing reading that, rocketspruggs?? 😳 Is there someone on your island you're trying to... "get rid" of? 🙊 Perhaps there's a less violent (and messier) way of dealing with unwanted villagers, don't you think? 😅 Let's just... put the axe down... 👇🪓 Okaayy, happy thoughts... 😊💭 Take a deep breath, that's it.... 😩💨 MINE! 🪓🎲 Muahahaha...... 🪓😈

View attachment 537790

I was looking at the article about villagers on Nookipedia, and I found this there.
Then I scroll down to the bottom of the page, where the notes are, and I also found this. Apparently, it claims you were able to hit villagers with an axe in the first generation Animal Crossing games only???

Did this really happen, or is it just someone spreading false information?!

View attachment 537791
Looks wrong to me- you can hit them with an axe in new leaf too. It's a bit tricky since like in new horizons, you have to get the timing and distance right to prevent a conversation from starting. You won't get any reaction out of them though, it just makes the same sound effect as if you hit a bush or player character.

I was looking at the article about villagers on Nookipedia, and I found this there.
Then I scroll down to the bottom of the page, where the notes are, and I also found this. Apparently, it claims you were able to hit villagers with an axe in the first generation Animal Crossing games only???

Did this really happen, or is it just someone spreading false information?!
It was possible if positioned just right, though being able to "injure" your villagers would've warranted a higher ESRB rating for sure. Trying to hit villagers with an axe was exactly similar to hitting them with a net, thus no serious consequences. It's quite hard to pull off.

OK, for some reason Katrina doesn’t always offer to add friendship points O__o

Edit: yes, I had plenty of bells for it O__o

Last edited:
I wonder how hated sea bass would be if they didn’t spawn between June and September. That’s when some of the best fish spawn, so not having the most annoying fish spawn would definitely earn them some points among the fanbase. Then we’d have to direct our hate towards another annoyingly common fish, like black bass.

OK, for some reason Katrina doesn’t always offer to add friendship points O__o

Edit: yes, I had plenty of bells for it O__o
She won't boost a certain villager's friendship if you're already good enough friends with said villager. Definitely don't count on it if you've received their photos, though this can even happen before a photo is given.

She won't boost a certain villager's friendship if you're already good enough friends with said villager. Definitely don't count on it if you've received their photos, though this can even happen before a photo is given.
Ah I see. Thank you for clearing that up. ^^

I really should start cataloging things more so I can become prepared for more TBT related events that involve using decorating on NH. Mostly at your island, your house or Photopia since using Happy Home Paradise is usually frowned upon. I say cataloging everything since with HHP, you unlock almost everything whereas Photopia you can only use items if you've already cataloged them.

GHc6naCb0AA5Zvm.jpeg

Today I learned that this is possible, other than being able to have two ramps near each other. You can remove pieces of cliff too and make it look like this.

My Resident Services building is upgrading on my one day off this week and it's making me lose all motivation to do anything. My goal today was to pay off my house/save for my house, and now I can't do that and I have NO motivation. I've talked to my villagers so many times today, multiple of them have said something along the lines of "I just can't shake you today", but one of them did tell me he's heard a conspiracy theory that this is all just a game which I thought was a cute little addition Nintendo threw in there. Sahara visited for the first time today and I guess I kinda liked the ACNL version of her better. It's been a weird day.

I have been thinking about this for some time now, but...I think the kangaroo babies should have names...

Marcie's child should be called Zoey.
Sylvia's child's name should be Chloe.
Carrie's child should also be named Joey.

And Astrid's child's name should be Gene, named after KISS bassist, Gene Simmons.
My head cannon for Astrid is that she is a former heavy metal band member, and then she retired, once she became a full-time mom.

I'm not sure what to name the other kangaroo babies.

I was just thinking that if I didn't have any fingers I couldn't do math. But the above post is way more interesting!

Did anyone ever achieve this?? 1.000 streetpasses seems crazy even for back in the day
I never did, but I'd imagine you would have to be in a major city constantly walking the streets or parks in order to get this. The chances of people playing on a 3DS out on the street have always been slim.

I restarted my island because I wanted to start a new citycore island with just dogs as residents. I am actually excited about this new island endeavor.

i know i complain about this game a lot but recently i’ve been wanting to play again and i restarted my island. i love the attention to detail to some things, like the echo when tom nook is on the microphone?? Uhmm YES. it’s a tiny detail that i missed because i never played with headphones before but that kind of attention to detail is amazing.

I changed my town tune to the Star Wars main theme in this game, and also The Imperial March in my New Leaf town, but I wish that there were sharps and flats so you could make songs sound like how they’re actually supposed to and not have to transpose them into a different key.

(for those less familiar with music, in AC, when you’re making a town tune, the only notes you can use are the white notes on a piano, but most songs use the black notes, which are called flats/sharps. So if you want to make a song your town tune, most of the time, you’ll have to change it to only use white notes. It makes sense since the system is supposed to be simple, but still)

I'm beginning to suspect that how likely you are to get a seasonal recipe from floating presents depends on how early/late in the season it is. I've shot down several presents over the past few days without getting a single Spring recipe. However, back in the fall, I was getting a ton of fall recipes when I shot down presents in the last few days of the season. Has anyone else experienced this?

So I have been keeping track of how long I was playing Animal Crossing. I came to discover that on just the town of StarFall alone in Animal Crossing: New Leaf, my total playtime is over 945 hours (it’s not even my first town or my last town). My total playtime for Animal Crossing: New Horizons is over 795 hours, and that’s on my first and last island. In other words, I’ve been playing ACNL for much longer than I’ve been playing ACNH.

So I found out that Cephalobot is, indeed, a smug villager, which I don't seem to recall knowing, or remembering about.

It is most likely the fact that we never had a smug octopus before this game, and it's also likely because we already have 2 robotic jock villagers in the game! I like to call all these guys, either, "jockbots", or, "rojocks".

Back