• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.
  • Thanks for playing! The closing ceremony for TBT World Championship 2024 has been posted. Congratulations to the winning team, Squirtle Squad! Update: The Master Ball raffle winners have now been announced and rewards have been distributed. Time to spend your Arcade Tokens!

Questions About Villager Trading

Toasties

˚。 Strawberries 。˚
Bells
Orange (Fruit)
Pear (Fruit)
White Cosmos
Tasty Cake
Red Cosmos
I'm new when it comes to villager trading in New Leaf. I just have a few questions.

1) Can I ask a villager to move in on someone else's town at their campsite?

2) If so, will I need to have a space available or will it give me the option to move out a villager of my choice?

3) Can someone get a villager that is in boxes from my island?

4) Do I need to always have a space free (space for a new house) to move in a new villager of my choice? Or again can I have maximum houses but kick someone out for someone new I want to move in?

I appreciate any help and answers!

1. if you mean if you can go to someone else's campsite to invite someone to your island, im pretty sure itll work just like it does with those in houses

2. yes, youll need an empty plot open and ready before hand (it cant be one of the first 3 tom nook gives you!)

3. yes! if they talk to the villager, they will eventually bring up moving out and then the person can ask them to move to their island

4.the most villagers you can have are 10. to invite someone in from a campsite, you have to kick someone, but im pretty sure it just wont let you invite anyone else from another island, and villagers wont spawn on nmt islands

By the first 3 Tom Nook gave me are you talking about New Horizons? : o
If so I already know how villager trading works there, I'm asking in regards to New Leaf. :)

1. No, unless there was a patch that came out that has made this now a thing. This was something that made a lot of us sad in New Leaf's prime. =< ... there was "rumors" you could but i don't think it was ever "proven" ?

2. No in case it got patched in or at some point it was proven that the rumor was true... New leaf does not have the options that New Horizons has where it can force villagers into boxes. You have to have a place open to get a new villager in your town

3. If they have a spot open, yes.

4. You have to have a spot available to be able to adopt a new villager from campsite or another person.

1. No, unless there was a patch that came out that has made this now a thing. This was something that made a lot of us sad in New Leaf's prime. =< ... there was "rumors" you could but i don't think it was ever "proven" ?

2. No in case it got patched in or at some point it was proven that the rumor was true... New leaf does not have the options that New Horizons has where it can force villagers into boxes. You have to have a place open to get a new villager in your town

3. If they have a spot open, yes.

4. You have to have a spot available to be able to adopt a new villager from campsite or another person.
Thank you so much! :D
This is helpful to know when getting my dreamies! :)

Completely agree with @fallenchaoskitten on everything.

Just wanted to add that there's a way to kick out villagers. The Welcome Amiibo update allows you to find Wisp and through Wisp, you can scan a villager Welcome Amiibo card and kick out an unwanted villager in your town and in return the scanned villager will move in the following day (place a plot).

NOTE: You need to have 10 villagers in your town or it will not work and the scanned villager will just take up your 10th spot or any available spot.

I'm new when it comes to villager trading in New Leaf. I just have a few questions.

1) Can I ask a villager to move in on someone else's town at their campsite?

2) If so, will I need to have a space available or will it give me the option to move out a villager of my choice?

3) Can someone get a villager that is in boxes from my island?

4) Do I need to always have a space free (space for a new house) to move in a new villager of my choice? Or again can I have maximum houses but kick someone out for someone new I want to move in?

I appreciate any help and answers!
I only know number three, but yes when your villager is in boxes someone can visit your town or island and go to their house. If they talk to them, they will ask to move to that person's town.

Back