• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Public Works Project Questions

jennw92

Bells
So I have two questions:

1. Do ya'll go to the celebration every time or do you say no sometimes? If not does that hurt your town rating if you say no?

2. Also when did someone in your town suggest the police station? I feel like I have been waiting forever!

1. I always say yes, but it doesn't hurt your town rating if you say no. I would think it'd lower villager friendship a bit though.

2. It's random. For a friend of mine, that was the first project they were suggested, but it was months before they suggested it for me.

I don't wait for them to suggest. I just build whatever I see in the list.

Honestly, the police station does not have any good item in there. It's been almost 2 months since I built it, not even one Sloppy item was there. It is always shirts and letters. Now, is there a way to boost up the lost and found items?

I don't wait for them to suggest. I just build whatever I see in the list.

Honestly, the police station does not have any good item in there. It's been almost 2 months since I built it, not even one Sloppy item was there. It is always shirts and letters. Now, is there a way to boost up the lost and found items?
I don't have the police station but I have quite a few sloppy items because they were in re-tail( I think it is because of Gaston cuz his house was all sloppy stuff to start off with.)

1. I only go to ceremonies of projects I intend to keep. If I built something just to see it in full size and I didn't like it, I wouldn't go. I don't think it affects your town ratings at all.

2. I got my police station quite early in the game, but it's really random. Some people have suggested leaving items laying around to have a higher chance of triggering the suggestion. It remains unverified.

1) I've never noticed any negative effects of saying no to the ceremony (although seeing Isabelle doing the sad emote is kind of a guilt trip).

2) The police station was in fact the first PWP suggested in my town! I think it's random. In my second town it took maybe a month. Hope you get it soon ^_^

One useful thing I find about the police station is that Booker can tell you if Gulliver has washed ashore, or of any other visitors who are in town. Katrina, Redd, Gracie, and maybe a few others. I like that because sometimes I only have a few minutes at a time and I don't want to miss out if Gulliver is on my beach that day.

For me it took a while to get. And then it may have been only because one of my mule characters made it her birthday wish. I think a certain personality type has to suggest it. I forget which one, but it is listed somewhere. Make sure you have that type of villager in your town.

I actually think it is kind of cute, sometimes useful, and I got my first weird-looking Tricky Pitfall Seed. Besides, I love seeing Booker sweat whenever you ask him if there is anything unusual that day. :)

I have always done the celebration, though I have always wondered what would happen if you said no.

As far as villagers suggesting it, I think it took a few months for me to get it. I only get anything in the lost in found about once or twice a month, and it is always pitfall seeds. I'd really like to see some variety in there..

I always attend the ceremonies. They're kind of fun and I always try to take a picture when everyone's doing the party poppers.

Like others have said, it's random. Some people got theirs relatively quickly, and it can take months for other people. For me, it was nearly two and a half months before someone suggested it.

1. I always attend the celebrations because I think it's cute to see my villagers with their little party poppers and whatnot haha
though I did skip one because I was tired that day, and as far as I can tell there were no repercussions.

2. I got it requested pretty early into the game... like a week after I started playing? But like other people have said, I'm pretty sure whether or not it's requested or not is random. You could try the swimming trick to get more PWP requests though, and hopefully you'll get a police station request.

1. I'll go if the PWP is close to the town hall, otherwise I can't be bothered. :p
2. I haven't had it suggested yet and I've TTed at least 5 months.

I always do the celebration. It's a good way to get a ping if it's the first thing you do when you log in, just because it will force a good amount of villagers to gather around near you. I have an unfounded theory that a ping after a pwp celebration has a higher chance of being a pwp suggestion :blush:
I also enjoy doing the celebration, so nothing is lost by doing it.

I also got the police station pretty early in this town. In my first town it wasn't as quick, but it didn't take that long.

Back