PSA: The new series 5 amiibo cards pre-order have started!!!

Totally agree, but in my area the best bet has been catching the online pickups in the morning. The cancel often but if you can catch 3 or so stores you have a decent chance of one of them fulfilling it.
That’s awesome! I have been able to get an online pickup once, and it was nice being able to reserve and not feel like they will be gone before I get there. I was actually surprised that there was online pickup and have only seen it done the one time in stores near me.

Really the best place to get them in the USA is Target. Check early in the morning or afternoon on their webpage everyday to see if they have a restock. Your best bet is in Target stores. It is more likely to be limited stock in stores than available online. I always check to see if they have restocked in stores near me not just the closest Target store. Since Nov 5 there have been at least 3 days Targets had restocks near me and never at all the Targets at the same time.

For me in Canada, the cards were not available or out of stock in my area according to the websites, but I still found them in stores. Both places were keeping them behind the counter and I had to ask for them.

For me in Canada, the cards were not available or out of stock in my area according to the websites, but I still found them in stores. Both places were keeping them behind the counter and I had to ask for them.
It definitely doesn’t hurt to ask. I know some people hate to do it, but it helps to remember you definitely aren’t the first person the workers have heard the question from.
Post automatically merged:

That’s awesome! I have been able to get an online pickup once, and it was nice being able to reserve and not feel like they will be gone before I get there. I was actually surprised that there was online pickup and have only seen it done the one time in stores near me.
I definitely got lucky to have the option to catch online pickup. But yeah, between 3 stores I ordered from only one didn’t cancel. So it’s luck for sure!

And you gotta be careful, went to a Target where they referred me to another that was a half-hour away. Had to take a toll bridge and when I got there their systems had put it as in stock in error.
Oh no! What a let down. I hope you were able to get some cards elsewhere.

I can’t wait to receive my packs either tomorrow or Monday. I was lucky to catch target on their multiple restocks few days ago- I believe it was 4 at a time every 10-15 mins. Definitely helps to have notification on and all shipping/payment saved. But sucks that they have a $35 minimum order so had to order some random stuff too -.-

Use a Target Redcard and it’s free shipping without an order minimum in most cases.

It definitely doesn’t hurt to ask. I know some people hate to do it, but it helps to remember you definitely aren’t the first person the workers have heard the question from.
Post automatically merged:

I definitely got lucky to have the option to catch online pickup. But yeah, between 3 stores I ordered from only one didn’t cancel. So it’s luck for sure!

I wouldn't have some packs if I didn't ask, there was nothing saying they had them. And if the workers are tired of ppl asking they can just put a sign saying they don't have them or they are out of stock.

I wouldn't have some packs if I didn't ask, there was nothing saying they had them. And if the workers are tired of ppl asking they can just put a sign saying they don't have them or they are out of stock.
Oh I totally agree! I was speaking more to anyone with social anxiety about situations like that. I’ve definitely learned to just ask for what I want over
the years, but it did not come easy.

Oh I totally agree! I was speaking more to anyone with social anxiety about situations like that. I’ve definitely learned to just ask for what I want over
the years, but it did not come easy.
Yea I definitely have to work on my social anxiety. When I went to target the other day they didn’t have anyone in electronics so I just left,

Yea I definitely have to work on my social anxiety. When I went to target the other day they didn’t have anyone in electronics so I just left,
I’m the person who “discreetly” glanced at the counter when nobody was at electronics to see if any cards were around while glancing back at the shelves. After a minute of that I figured I didn’t want security suspicious of me so I left and stuck to stalking Target online lol

Welp, they cancelled mine dang it. I checked on the order status and it said undeliverable, BUT it was in the Brampton warehouse yesterday and picked up by the courier today but then undeliverable?????? Lol.

I'll keep my fingers crossed your order is fine @ChaosKitten !
Wow that makes zero sense! I haven't received a cancellation email yet. Tracking still says the carrier has picked it up.

I hope they didn't mistakenly process orders early before they received the cards. But how can a carrier pick up...nothing? Something else to be wary of.

I don't really like asking either or even go to stores but my desire for the cards was stronger 😅
And the staff was so nice and welcoming.

They’re used to fans of all kinds. On the 5th I was 3rd in line for cards. Everyone in line was around my age (mid 20s-early 30s) and it was just good vibes talking to one another waiting for the electronics guy to bring us our one pack of cards. You’re always your worst enemy.

I’m the person who “discreetly” glanced at the counter when nobody was at electronics to see if any cards were around while glancing back at the shelves. After a minute of that I figured I didn’t want security suspicious of me so I left and stuck to stalking Target online lol
I don’t go to Target very often because it’s a half an hour away with no traffic. They recently remodeled and didn’t have a counter in electronics anymore to check. I looked around for awhile but when I couldn’t even find someone I got nervous and left. Will try again another time.

I don’t go to Target very often because it’s a half an hour away with no traffic. They recently remodeled and didn’t have a counter in electronics anymore to check. I looked around for awhile but when I couldn’t even find someone I got nervous and left. Will try again another time.
See I live in the St. Louis metro area so my Target options are plentiful. I have no excuses 😆

When yall are doing the online pick up on target how are you finding them? I have been checking target for weeks and there is no listing for any amiibo cards. i'm in the us. Also i was at walmart last weekend and went to aks about the cards fully expecting them to be sold out. First i got in line behind one other person. clerk walked off to get whatever the person was after. when the clerk returned he moved around the counter to another register to check the person out. i stayed where i was thinking he would turn back to me right after. instead another person walked up behind thr guy being checked out. now the clerk knew i was there but proceeded to help the person who just walked up! this really ticked me off! i then got behind that person and when it was my turn he said they never even got any cards in.

When yall are doing the online pick up on target how are you finding them? I have been checking target for weeks and there is no listing for any amiibo cards. i'm in the us
It really depends on the stock your local Targets receive. Mine just happened to have 3 stores allow me to click in store pick up around 6:15-6:45 this morning. Only one of the stores’ packs didn’t cancel. So just look in the mornings before they are open. If you’re not seeing anything, it may be that your area isn’t getting as much stock at the moment. Not sure how that all works.

It really depends on the stock your local Targets receive. Mine just happened to have 3 stores allow me to click in store pick up around 6:15-6:45 this morning. Only one of the stores’ packs didn’t cancel. So just look in the mornings before they are open. If you’re not seeing anything, it may be that your area isn’t getting as much stock at the moment. Not sure how that all works.
i just go to target.com no specific location. and nothing comes up at all.

i just go to target.com no specific location. and nothing comes up at all.
They're hiding the listing, like they did with the other 4+Series.
I think you need the Target app. From there you have to favorite the item and get push notifications for when a restock occurs.

Back