PSA: The new series 5 amiibo cards pre-order have started!!!

I do wish they'd just print more cards and have more packs available. In the UK they're sold out everywhere. At least if you can snag a pack in the US you get 6 cards to a pack whereas we only get 3 so it's like getting half a pack.
That sucks, though as someone in the US I have only found packs available one time since release and only bought 3, they’ve been sold out since.
Usually they stock early in the morning when they do stock. I have no way of getting there at that time, so usually I miss out.
I think I only got lucky to find packs because GameStop near me had been very ‘Nope, haven’t seen any.’ About the cards until the day I found them, so probably most people gave up on the location for a bit.

Well the 4 cards I ordered from Target are ready for pickup before the store even opens for once. Too bad I have to work all day. I guess I’ll go get them around 4:30 😢

Was able to put a pickup order in at a store again even though odds are Target will cancel it. They also had the shipping option but I don’t wanna pay like $35 by adding items to my cart.

Just add a video game preorder (or movie) and then cancel it after the cards ship. Target let's you micromanage your orders to cancel select items from an order. It will get you over the $35 minimum and you don't get charged for a game that hasn't been released yet, plus you cancel it before anyway so no money out.

I do wish they'd just print more cards and have more packs available. In the UK they're sold out everywhere. At least if you can snag a pack in the US you get 6 cards to a pack whereas we only get 3 so it's like getting half a pack.
Yeah that 3 cards per pack is brutal.... however, The 1:2 Ration on NPC to villager card is actually a better deal imo.

I managed to get my hands on 20 packs in the US.... and only ONE of them had a single Audie. I am up to my eyeballs in every other villager.. some quadruples of! LOL But only one Audie! such a rare card! The odds were definitely against me for this card. I need 9 more NCP cards, but have 5 dupes to trade away; and 9 more card packs on the way. Once I get those I will see if I need to trade the NCP dupes

I managed to get my hands on 20 packs in the US.... and only ONE of them had a single Audie. I am up to my eyeballs in every other villager.. some quadruples of! LOL But only one Audie! such a rare card! The odds were definitely against me for this card. I need 9 more NCP cards, but have 5 dupes to trade away; and 9 more card packs on the way. Once I get those I will see if I need to trade the NCP dupes
That’s interesting. I’ve only managed to get 8 packs total so far and I wound up with 3 Audies between them.

My single pack from Bestbuy finally arrived! After being stuck in a warehouse for 5 days, in a small bubble enveloppe and...it's all dupes! but the NPC card... At least I got Flick (but it cost $14...😓) I was missing 6 villagers and expecting at least one of them. So disappointed. Finally on 5 packs (of 6), I got 7 dupes. This time I got Sherb, Ace, Dom, Sasha and Azalea.

My two packs from Amazon.ca arrived this morning. (Two days early!) Still no Ione but I am excited to invite so many I've gotten from the 4 packs so far to my island and get their photos. :)

Still have 5 more packs coming from a friend in Oregon. Fingers crossed for Ione!!!

Finding the Target pickup option early morning before work worked out again. Was able to get 4 more packs! Will have lots of dupes to trade if anyone still needs villager cards.

Finding the Target pickup option early morning before work worked out again. Was able to get 4 more packs! Will have lots of dupes to trade if anyone still needs villager cards.
That's so great! I wish my 4 pack pick had worked out. I am still not sure why it got cancelled. I think it may be because my local stores only let people buy one in store so maybe they cancelled mine since it had 4. But then I wish they wouldn't let me order 4 if they weren't going to allow it and jsut cancel the whole thing.

I’m getting more and more irritated with the order my partner placed at an Australian store—no update on the 25 packs he paid for three weeks ago ($120), nor any response to my email inquiring about it. I guess I’ll try calling them this week to see what’s going on. Somehow I have a bad feeling about it…

That's so great! I wish my 4 pack pick had worked out. I am still not sure why it got cancelled. I think it may be because my local stores only let people buy one in store so maybe they cancelled mine since it had 4. But then I wish they wouldn't let me order 4 if they weren't going to allow it and jsut cancel the whole thing.
I ordered 4 at one store, 2 at another, and 2 at a 3rd knowing some or all would cancel. I ended up with only 2 packs that day. Only one store went through. I don’t have any way to know what will happen really.

I’m getting more and more irritated with the order my partner placed at an Australian store—no update on the 25 packs he paid for three weeks ago ($120), nor any response to my email inquiring about it. I guess I’ll try calling them this week to see what’s going on. Somehow I have a bad feeling about it…
SAME! I also ordered these and there has been NO COMMUNICATION. But the money was taken out of my bank on the day I placed the pre-order. I sent them an email yesterday and have heard NOTHING. I was really counting on these to get the S5 NPCs I want and it is looking like that will never happen. :(

@Fey tag me here if you get any info and I will do the same. Also tagging @Chubby Bub in case you have gotten any info. Maybe we can all figure it out together.

Reactions: Fey
SAME! I also ordered these and there has been NO COMMUNICATION. But the money was taken out of my bank on the day I placed the pre-order. I sent them an email yesterday and have heard NOTHING. I was really counting on these to get the S5 NPCs I want and it is looking like that will never happen. :(

@Fey tag me here if you get any info and I will do the same. Also tagging @Chubby Bub in case you have gotten any info. Maybe we can all figure it out together.

We should definitely keep each other informed on any updates/progress—I was going to suggest the same before I got to the end of your post!

I sent my email on Friday, so they’ve had at least two work days to react. I’m worried that they didn’t get enough packs and now don’t know what to do.

Honestly, I’d probably just cancel my “pre-order”, but that hasn’t been possible since the order was placed either. Similarly, their return policy seems to only be for in-store credit. What a mess! >.<

We should definitely keep each other informed on any updates/progress—I was going to suggest the same before I got to the end of your post!

I sent my email on Friday, so they’ve had at least two work days to react. I’m worried that they didn’t get enough packs and now don’t know what to do.

Honestly, I’d probably just cancel my “pre-order”, but that hasn’t been possible since the order was placed either. Similarly, their return policy seems to only be for in-store credit. What a mess! >.<
Uggg. I didn't even notice that about the return only for store credit. I would be so sad to have to cancel it because it is likely the only way I will get the NPCs I want. BUT also if they are just going to take my money and never give me anything then that isn't good either.
Okay I just checked and I paid via Paypal so I think I could at least pursue getting my money back if these guys end up not being legit. But really I just wanted the cards! 😭

Uggg. I didn't even notice that about the return only for store credit. I would be so sad to have to cancel it because it is likely the only way I will get the NPCs I want. BUT also if they are just going to take my money and never give me anything then that isn't good either.
Okay I just checked and I paid via Paypal so I think I could at least pursue getting my money back if these guys end up not being legit. But really I just wanted the cards! 😭

Are you guys talking about https://thegamecenter.store/ ? I placed an order there too and nothing has shipped yet. The email took me to ShopifyApp to track it, but nothing but the order info is showing. It appears the box of 25 packs I purchased has not been shipped yet

I ordered 4 more (for shipping) at target.com this morning. There is a $35 minimum for them, so I ordered 4 and added a preorder for this Funko Pop: https://www.target.com/p/funko-pop--marvel--eternals---sersi--target-exclusive-/-/A-79661881
It brought the order total up past $35 and achieved free shipping. After the cards ship I can cancel the preorder easily. FREE shipping on the cards!
I keep trying Target but it always says out of stock. I guess I keep missing it. Was going to try for two more packs to try for Ione.

I have to give everyone a warning on Amazon because I've seen this 48npc pack for like $49.99 and I don't recommend getting them. It has no reviews and they are probably scalpers. Also the real one that cost $5.99 is still "currently unavailable"

Back