• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

PSA: Series1-5 Amiibo cards seem to be coming back in stock at Target!

All characters can live in your town, photo studio and to the cafe in new horizons. In past games there are alot more functions. ANY SPECIAL CHARACTERS the first 16 - 17 cards that have shiny on them will NOT move in but can go to the photo studio and cafe. EVERY CARD CAN HAVE A VACATION HOME INCLUDING FIGURES. You can only buy cards in random blind packs of 6 cards for $5.99 or 330 yen. You can buy fake ones that are not buy Nintendo on Etsy or eBay but these ones are hard plastic and you choose what characters you want. They are only around 1 - 2 dollars a piece. I would never say you actually go buy them just because they are kind of illegal atleast in my mind but thats up to you! I hope this helps! If you have any other questions you can always message me! I love amiibo cards and know all about them!!
If Nintendo doesn’t want people to buy illegal cards, they need to make them more available. I am very, very anti-piracy, but if you can’t get them otherwise for a reasonable price, all bets are off.

If Nintendo doesn’t want people to buy illegal cards, they need to make them more available. I am very, very anti-piracy, but if you can’t get them otherwise for a reasonable price, all bets are off.
I 100% agree. I have been trying to collect all of the character cards ever since they released and packs are few and far in between. I hate that they just dont sell them online on their website like on the JP nintendo website. Its sad but I am missing less than 85 official cards of the 509 now so I hope I can get the rest officially....

I have not been in Target in awhile; maybe 5 weeks ago and not a sign of Amiibo cards (not even Sanrio).. safe to say Nintendo has paused production of them?

I've seen virtually no amiibo card packs here in physical stores except the Sanrio ones in months
and the packs they sell online are so expensive 😞

Hello! Target Team Leader here! We haven't had Amiibo packs other than the Sanrio ones for a few months now. Yes, I would say that production has paused once again. I don't know how Nintendo decides another batch should be printed, but with any luck we'll see them again at some point during Q4. But I don't know for sure that we will, I'm just hopeful.

Hello! Target Team Leader here! We haven't had Amiibo packs other than the Sanrio ones for a few months now. Yes, I would say that production has paused once again. I don't know how Nintendo decides another batch should be printed, but with any luck we'll see them again at some point during Q4. But I don't know for sure that we will, I'm just hopeful.
Series 1 through 4 seemed to only be showing up for sale at Target; it's like Nintendo made a deal with Target corporation to reprint those. Being the Sanrio ones were exclusive to Target in the US it seems additional discussion probably happened on the original four series getting a reprint. I was hoping the Welcome Amiibo RV ones would get a reprint too, but alas nothing yet. Maybe they'll do those next if they start the printing machine again. :)

Series 1 through 4 seemed to only be showing up for sale at Target; it's like Nintendo made a deal with Target corporation to reprint those. Being the Sanrio ones were exclusive to Target in the US it seems additional discussion probably happened on the original four series getting a reprint. I was hoping the Welcome Amiibo RV ones would get a reprint too, but alas nothing yet. Maybe they'll do those next if they start the printing machine again. :)
They made a deal as far as them being the main retailer to sell them in the US for a bit. I know GameStop and BestBuy had them too for the first batch, and then after that I think it was just Target that was selling them in the US. And they did very well. We would sell them VERY quickly. I don't need series 5, as I have all of the villagers' cards now, and I don't want to buy tons of packs just to try to get more of the special characters.

They made a deal as far as them being the main retailer to sell them in the US for a bit. I know GameStop and BestBuy had them too for the first batch, and then after that I think it was just Target that was selling them in the US. And they did very well. We would sell them VERY quickly. I don't need series 5, as I have all of the villagers' cards now, and I don't want to buy tons of packs just to try to get more of the special characters.
Yeah that's the worst part about series 5 is the ratio of villagers to SP cards. In the other series there were many more villagers, so you had to buy a lot more packs to get them all.. and with that extra buying you had a good spread of the villagers as you got the SPs. Being the smaller series 5 set you will end up with so many doubles, triples, quads, quints, etc of those villagers doing the same thing to buy the SP cards (and no one really wants the villager cards.. so you are stuck with them) : )
Post automatically merged:

I always LOL when a new collector is offering S5 villagers for S5 SP cards. That's like saying I'll trade you pennies for dollar bills. :giggle:

Last edited:
Lol the way I saw this thread again and thought it might mean amiibo cards were restocked- High on hopium fr. :'> I was really holding out on them being restocked sometime throughout the summer, so I could splurge a little before I moved closer to campus again for college, but that was wishful thinking it seems. 😔 I hate how I mostly need series 4 as well which in my experience, seems to be the most elusive.

The easiest and cheapest way is to buy the controller that has all the cards on it. I don't know what it's called but you can google it. It's $50

Lol the way I saw this thread again and thought it might mean amiibo cards were restocked- High on hopium fr. :'> I was really holding out on them being restocked sometime throughout the summer, so I could splurge a little before I moved closer to campus again for college, but that was wishful thinking it seems. 😔 I hate how I mostly need series 4 as well which in my experience, seems to be the most elusive.
there is a controller that has all the cards on it. its $50. i dont remember the name but you can google it.

The easiest and cheapest way is to buy the controller that has all the cards on it. I don't know what it's called but you can google it. It's $50

there is a controller that has all the cards on it. its $50. i dont remember the name but you can google it.
A controller? Not sure if I'm misunderstanding something here, but I only look to collect the genuine, physical cards. 😅 I don't really have the need to scan them in or anything.

A controller? Not sure if I'm misunderstanding something here, but I only look to collect the genuine, physical cards. 😅 I don't really have the need to scan them in or anything.
if you just want the cards this wouldnt be for you. this would be for someone who just wants to have the ability to use them all(i.e. invite them to move in or to hhp or get their posters).

if you just want the cards this wouldnt be for you. this would be for someone who just wants to have the ability to use them all(i.e. invite them to move in or to hhp or get their posters).
There's always cheaper options for gameplay. Customs, and even making them yourself is way cheaper and will save a ton of cash. A lot of people who are looking for cards just want the genuine cards for collection reasons. Like me, I saw this thread bumped and got excited because I thought I'd have a chance to finish the second series 5 set for my cousin in time for his birthday, only to see that supply is still short. :(

There's always cheaper options for gameplay. Customs, and even making them yourself is way cheaper and will save a ton of cash. A lot of people who are looking for cards just want the genuine cards for collection reasons. Like me, I saw this thread bumped and got excited because I thought I'd have a chance to finish the second series 5 set for my cousin in time for his birthday, only to see that supply is still short. :(
I never had a desire for the actual cards and even if I did I gave up trying to get them long ago. I do have a few fan made ones. Having all the official cards would be great it's too expensive for me especially with scalpers in the mix. I just suggested the controller cause you would have access to all the cards functions. For me the biggest draw is access to all the special npcs cause I know it's hard to get all of those cards.

I never had a desire for the actual cards and even if I did I gave up trying to get them long ago. I do have a few fan made ones. Having all the official cards would be great it's too expensive for me especially with scalpers in the mix. I just suggested the controller cause you would have access to all the cards functions. For me the biggest draw is access to all the special npcs cause I know it's hard to get all of those cards.
I totally understand. Sorry if I came off as rude, I wasn't trying to be. I do think customs are a great way to get around the issues with obtaining genuine cards. I have a few custom made ones, mostly from New Leaf since I wasn't really interested in getting the genuine Splatoon amiibo figures and they've been great.

I totally understand. Sorry if I came off as rude, I wasn't trying to be. I do think customs are a great way to get around the issues with obtaining genuine cards. I have a few custom made ones, mostly from New Leaf since I wasn't really interested in getting the genuine Splatoon amiibo figures and they've been great.
No you werent rude at all. I just wasnt thinking about people wanting the physical cards. That was bad

I search Target constantly (Pokemon/Sports card collector, and a Switch games collector) and have never seen amiibos for AC that were anything other than the Sanrio ones. The Sanrio ones being more recent (obviously once the hype has worn off). I'd be so incredibly thrilled if I saw the older amiibo cards ever back in stock.

I went to Target today and all they had were the sanrio cards. Can't say I'm surprised though.

Hardly anyone goes to the Target in my area, and today I was there for something else and stopped by the electronics section and asked if they had any 1-5 Amiibo packs in the back, just in case. The guy came back out with 2 series 5 packs and 2 series 1 packs! So it's worth asking for them to check in the back just in case. I don't think it was a new shipment or anything. That Target always keeps their 1-5 Amiibo packs in the back rather than on shelves on the salesfloor, so they were probably overlooked.

Back