• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

PSA: Series1-5 Amiibo cards seem to be coming back in stock at Target!

LumiMoonPlays

Bells
I posted a comment on the old PSA thread for series 5 last fall. But then a thought maybe a new thread would be good too?
Several people in a FB group I am in have found Series 1-5 amiibo cards at Target starting yesterday. I went to the one closest to me today and talked to the tech section guy. He looked them up and said they were due in my store yesterday but didn't arrive. He is expecting them by tomorrow.
They are not showing up in the Target shopping app yet but I am super hopgin they do since I usually can only snag some that way. I can't make it to the store in person very often. If anyone sees them show up please share links here and I will keep checking too. FX!

Just visited our larger Target in the area and same.. nothing. Two employees checked for me - one ran to the back to look and the other used their scan tool to lookup the DPCI codes on a receipt someone posted in the same FB group you are talking about. The scanner in my store couldn't find any of those codes in their system meaning their POS has not yet been updated to take on the product (ie a truck hasn't shown up with them yet). Based on some Twitter posts I can see cards have appeared in California, Georgia, Michigan and Indiana confirmed. Middle America appears to be skipped so far.

I just checked the target website and the listing for series 5 is there. Sadly they aren't available online and no stores in my area have them. Most say not for sale at this store and one said out of stock. Just my typical luck. I'm in Fl btw

I just checked the target website and the listing for series 5 is there. Sadly they aren't available online and no stores in my area have them. Most say not for sale at this store and one said out of stock. Just my typical luck. I'm in
I am hoping the Series1-4 show up eventually online at Target. I am thinking it is because they had gotten rid of the listings for those (but not Series 5) so there may be a delay in getting those back up? I remember they were also hard to find last time, like they didn't always show up in searches. It apparently has to be as difficult as possible! :rolleyes:

I am hoping the Series1-4 show up eventually online at Target. I am thinking it is because they had gotten rid of the listings for those (but not Series 5) so there may be a delay in getting those back up? I remember they were also hard to find last time, like they didn't always show up in searches. It apparently has to be as difficult as possible! :rolleyes:
The webmasters probably don’t work on the weekend. Lol

I had the same trouble finding S1-4 in the app last September until I found them in the store and they showed up in the app under the in-store tab of my purchase history. From there I could always get to them to try to order online. I remember the pricing was all weird though like some packs showed $18 price so I cancelled those orders and then later someone posted the prices and placed order prices had been corrected. I regret cancelling those. Really thought the cards were going to be stocked all the time. I was such a novice. Lol

The webmasters probably don’t work on the weekend. Lol

I had the same trouble finding S1-4 in the app last September until I found them in the store and they showed up in the app under the in-store tab of my purchase history. From there I could always get to them to try to order online. I remember the pricing was all weird though like some packs showed $18 price so I cancelled those orders and then later someone posted the prices and placed order prices had been corrected. I regret cancelling those. Really thought the cards were going to be stocked all the time. I was such a novice. Lol
Interesting! Maybe we should periodically check if the links are working by clicking on an old purchase? I tried it earlier today and got the "item not available" message but maybe once they are back in the system the links will work again.
I wish I had ordered more back then too! I had managed to order some 1-4 twice and assumed I'd be able to do it again in a couple of weeks so I was trying to be financially responsible and space out my purchases, lol.

Series 5 is back on Amazon.ca (limit of 2) and Bestbuy (stores only) in Canada.
Series 4 is on Game Stop Canada website
you’re an absolute lifesaver oml — thank you so much for posting this!! i skipped bestbuy since they seem to have implemented a limit of 1 🥴, but i’ve ordered 2 series 5 packs from amazon and my first 3 series 4 packs (ever!) from game stop!! i’m so excited! 🥳

Interesting! Maybe we should periodically check if the links are working by clicking on an old purchase? I tried it earlier today and got the "item not available" message but maybe once they are back in the system the links will work again.
I wish I had ordered more back then too! I had managed to order some 1-4 twice and assumed I'd be able to do it again in a couple of weeks so I was trying to be financially responsible and space out my purchases, lol.
Not sure if the DPCI codes are the same. I need to dig up those old receipts
Post automatically merged:

You can now order series 5 cards (4-pack limit) online at Target with $35 minimum order.

26231EFD-B91D-4D28-A75E-F0ECF0227839.png

I wish Target would put s1-4 back on the website/app

Last edited:
I forgot these were a thing. I wanted to get a pack or two back when they first were dropped, but it's just getting ridiculous how you have to set up a ton of notifications and hope you can snipe it before the bots do. If they ever make enough that it overflows the bots, I will bother, but if I have to actively refresh and check 24/7, I'm not bothering. Nintendo needs to start doing better.

i just got an email from target that series 5 was restocked, but once i went to the app they said that they were out of stock. i have to go to target today so i’ll check in store, or maybe they really sold out that fast?

the website also says that amiibo cards are not sold at the location i chose as my local store. i go to two targets but the one i go to the most used to sell them when they were back in stock around october but now it’s says that they don’t sell them there anymore. it’s strange bc they emailed me saying that they did have them but apparently they don’t.

Last edited:
to update, i just went to target and they didn’t have any. i guess no amiibo cards for where im from yet 😐 kind of disappointing but im not surprised.

I found this out way before I saw this. I kept checking on the (Seemingly reliable?) Google Shopping to see if they had them in stock. When it showed my local Target as them being in stock I just had to beg my mother to go.

Little did I know is that they have a full amount of every single series of amiibo cards. (Including Series 5, still wish they restocked the Welcome Amiibo cards however) I took 4 Series 5 and 1 Series 4 because I don't have many of them.

I have all of the new Launch Title Villagers, which leads to only 4 new 2.0 Villagers left out. Them being Ione, Tiansheng, Zoe and Frett.

Overall, I was very happy to know about this, as my deck of series 5 cards was running low for months.

Just went to Target and was unlucky, all they had was Sanrio collection. Will check my Target periodically and cross my fingers. I’m in ga btw.

I saw over 100 packs of each series from 2 through 5 at my local Target yesterday.

Back