• It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

PSA: The new series 5 amiibo cards pre-order have started!!!

I also want to add that it's incredibly unfair and an abuse of power to hide away these cards for yourself as a Target employee. But when it comes down to it, I can't say I wouldn't at least be tempted to do the same if I worked anywhere that sold them. It's totally inappropriate but I can see where it's tempting.

Not sure there's enough information to go on yet, but that a worker felt the need to hold back or hide stock suggests they may be understocked, which would be unfortunate after the trouble some players had with acquiring Sanrio cards.

Just checking Mercari today, a simple search of "Sanrio animal crossing" brings up over 400 results. The Sanrio cards are a limited edition collaboration, so the scenario with Series 5 is a little different, but I'm concerned the new cards may have the same reseller problem, at least initially.

sanrio.jpg

Last edited:
Not sure there's enough information to go on yet, but that a worker felt the need to hold back or hide stock suggests they may be understocked, which would be unfortunate after the trouble some players had with acquiring Sanrio cards.

Just checking Mercari today, a simple search of "Sanrio animal crossing" brings up over 400 results. The Sanrio cards are a limited edition collaboration, so the scenario with Series 5 is a little different, but I'm concerned the new cards may have the same reseller problem, at least initially.

View attachment 409858

I saw a post on Twitter that Target stores are receiving a kind of low amount, but can't find the tweet now. It was something like 25-75 card packs? I'll keep looking for it and post again if I find it.

EDIT: Found it!

Last edited:
I saw a post on Twitter that Target stores are receiving a kind of low amount, but can't find the tweet now. It was something like 25-75 card packs? I'll keep looking for it and post again if I find it.

EDIT: Found it!

Yeah, I'm not sure what a normal amount would be, but that does seem really low, especially if most people buy two packs.

I have managed to get my hands on tianshengs amiibo so I am a very happy bunny.
I was so worried I would not be able to get him on my island on day 1.
Now I can :D
Congrats, that’s awesome.

Best Buy tells me they will SHIP my order by Friday....I'm like shouldn't they arrive by Friday?

I have a Best Buy (US) preorder that says the same thing. Fingers crossed for a shipping notification tonight or tomorrow (not holding my breath).

I just got an email from Walmart (US) that my order will arrive by end of day Friday, November 5th.
Wow that is awesome! Mine still says Nov 15th. SIGH. Hopefully mine will get updated to earlier eventually.
Post automatically merged:

View attachment 409858
It's so strange to me that the Sanrio could sell for that much now. At my local Target there has been a large stack of them on the shelf for weeks now.

My pre-order from Best Buy Canada still states "arrives as early as Friday, November 5th" but still stated as "In Progress" and no payment has been taken yet.

My expectations that this will actually arrive this Friday is low as it can be, lol.

Amazon Germany tried to charge me for my order, but my bank blocked it.

I've since fixed it with my bank and hopefully my order will be processed and on its way soon.

As for my Canadian pre-orders - nothing yet.

I haven't received any email from bestbuy.ca or amazon.ca but my last few orders have arrived on time or even early by a day. I think in some areas they've hired another shipping co cuz it wasn't by Canada Post.

Edit: sorry if this is mentioned already but just saw on twitter someone said the cards are available on mediamarkt in Germany 🇩🇪, but not sure if they are talking abt pre-order or for Friday.

Last edited:
This strikes me as a racket.

Nintendo could package all 48 cards in one box. Charge $49.99. Maybe add a folder. Make it $59.99. One per order.

Done.

Back