PSA: The new series 5 amiibo cards pre-order have started!!!

I work Friday, so I won't be able to get a hold of any for a good while. I'll just have to be patient and wait.

Made a Target run yesterday and decided to ask about the new cards. Asked the guy if they had the new AC cards in stock, and his immediate response was no. I asked him if they were going to have them on the 5th, and he said he had no clue. Now I’m debating whether it’s worth it to make the 40-minute drive to Target on Friday morning just to check…

I did notice they had a TON of Sanrio cards on the shelf, which is making me hope that maybe this store will get the S5 cards too.

Made a Target run yesterday and decided to ask about the new cards. Asked the guy if they had the new AC cards in stock, and his immediate response was no. I asked him if they were going to have them on the 5th, and he said he had no clue. Now I’m debating whether it’s worth it to make the 40-minute drive to Target on Friday morning just to check…

I did notice they had a TON of Sanrio cards on the shelf, which is making me hope that maybe this store will get the S5 cards too.
Maybe call them later this week and ask. Hopefully, you’ll get somebody else who can answer your questions.

Seems like you asked the stereo-typically "I don't feel like working" employee; they were being really dismissive to your inquiries.

Maybe call them later this week and ask. Hopefully, you’ll get somebody else who can answer your questions.
This is a great idea.
Post automatically merged:

Seems like you asked the stereo-typically "I don't feel like working" employee; they were being really dismissive to your inquiries.
I’ve just moved to a new area and I’ve noticed the people here are more flippant and rude. It’s not fun lol

Sounds like he had to answer that question 27 other times that day, sounds so over it all already lol. I remember everytime I went into a gamestop asking about the Welcome Amiibo cards they were like "Everyone's asking about those lately x.x" And I was like oop-

Sounds like he had to answer that question 27 other times that day, sounds so over it all already lol. I remember everytime I went into a gamestop asking about the Welcome Amiibo cards they were like "Everyone's asking about those lately x.x" And I was like oop-

This isn't really an acceptable reason to act this way. This is how retail jobs work -- you're gonna be asked the same question numerous times.

This isn't really an acceptable reason to act this way. This is how retail jobs work -- you're gonna be asked the same question numerous times.

Oh no I definitely agree, didn't mean to imply I was justifying the behavior. I work retail and if I had a dollar for every time someone asked me what aisle the peanut butter was on, I wouldn't have to work retail anymore :'P Just apart of the job like you said, so he should expect it and respond appropriately.

I lucked out and had a really nice person at Target in the US saying that she thought it was highly likely they would get them in since they already had Series 1-4, and that I should try to come in at opening in the morning on November 5th to snag some. She said they weren't doing pre-orders yet, and if that changed the pre-orders would be through the Target app rather than in-store. She also says that the Target she is at, at least (it varies by locations) doesn't put the Animal Crossing Amiibo out, and instead they would be kept in the back and I'd have to ask for them at the electronics desk. So if you guys don't see them out at Targets the day they come out make sure to ask if they have any in the back.

FWIW My Target watchlist keeps flashing between 4 and 5 results, but whenever I click to see when it is coming up with 5 items there's nothing there. Could just be the Metroid Dread amiibo popping in and out of stock as it has done numerous times last week or Target is getting ready to put up series 5 preorders. I kind of hope they don't do any and limit the packs per customer at the store so I can finally get some domestic packs. I had to do preorders in Germany and Australia cause the US is so rampart over these dang cards and I can't compete against the bots and people blessed with less latency with their Internet connections. It's ridiculous,
Post automatically merged:

It's just the Metroid Dread popping in and out

1635769896992.png

Last edited:
target’s my last chance :( i’m hoping the one near me has some available in store the morning of

For those in the UK, Game may still be an option. Might be worth either going in person if you can, or ringing them
1635871142538.png

For those in the UK, Game may still be an option. Might be worth either going in person if you can, or ringing them
View attachment 409414

yeah, we're planning to go in person day-of-release and see what they say. we won't be able to get there for opening, since that's at 9AM and we'll be getting a ride, but we'll hopefully only be there an hour later. might be enough for them all to be gone, might not. guess we'll have to wait and see. if it's a bust, we'll just order a fake set of the new villagers which will probably be cheaper anyway asdfghjk, but we'll make an attempt to get the official cards first. hopefully they're setting a limit in-store though, otherwise we probably will stand no chance rip.

/: seems the only card packs available in my country are around 10 usd for 3 cards. yikes. might have to order from somewhere internationally after november 5th. i don't intend to collect all cards but i'd like a few packs at least.

At this point I’m not going to bother hunting these things. Especially when people are selling the entire 48 card fan made mini ones for 30 bucks on Amazon.

Update here, the store where I pre-ordered my 12 packs just cancelled my order, I'm totally disgusted 😔

The Gamesmen in Australia shipped my 25-pack to my friend's family there this morning. She's going to reship it to me state-side. Hopefully no issues.

My plan is to wake up early and check the best buy app for in store pickup. Worked for the Metroid Dread special edition and amiibo (although that has since been available everywhere...hopefully these cards will be the same way).

I saw on Reddit that a Target employee posted a picture of 3 S5 packs that she found hidden away by another Target employee. Don't kid yourself; if they're being that ignorant, it could be that they want some for themselves and want to discourage customers from purchasing them.

Back