PSA: The new series 5 amiibo cards pre-order have started!!!

UK 🇬🇧 is up @Tri-Cell @daringred_ @Mutti @JellyBeans @Shadow Star

Edit: It is almost 1 a.m here in EST so 6 a.m in GMT, I hope you guys in UK are up to see this cuz they're still available at the time I'm writing this!
Ty for the heads up!
I've bought two packs cause damn that shipping fee.
Hopefully there's other sites soon for it with cheaper or free shipping...

Just checked all the sites for preorders again in the us and nothing. amazon, walmart, bestbuy out of stock(walmart says check store availability and there is none of course). Nothing at all on target,gamestop or the offical animal crossing site. I also checked ebay and they average cost is around $30 per pack. That's ridiculous and I refuse to support the scalpers anyway. It's sad we have to stalk the online sites and pray we get lucky because of these jerks. smh

Gamestop online preorders went up, but sold out in six minutes. Thanks, resellers, you’re a blight. Vague reports are that retailers are receiving in-store shipments by now, but are (or should be, anyway) observing street date pretty strictly. Given Target sidestepped the bot issue for the Sanrio cards by not putting up preorders at all, seems likely that the best bet to get ahold of them now if you haven’t already is to try actual stores on Friday. (Which is GREAT when, you know, there’s a pandemic on.)

Just checked all the sites for preorders again in the us and nothing. amazon, walmart, bestbuy out of stock(walmart says check store availability and there is none of course). Nothing at all on target,gamestop or the offical animal crossing site. I also checked ebay and they average cost is around $30 per pack. That's ridiculous and I refuse to support the scalpers anyway. It's sad we have to stalk the online sites and pray we get lucky because of these jerks. smh
The sad part is I had an easier time ordering any overseas. I had a feeling the scalper tendencies in the US would continue and retailers not caring so I considered the extra cost buying overseas… it’s still less than US 3rd party pricing. I know the cards are different but I’ll be damned paying $30/pack for the US version.

The sad part is I had an easier time ordering any overseas. I had a feeling the scalper tendencies in the US would continue and retailers not caring so I considered the extra cost buying overseas… it’s still less than US 3rd party pricing. I know the cards are different but I’ll be damned paying $30/pack for the US version.
i tried to buy from best buy canada and it wont let me. i put them in the cart but when i click the cart it says empty. i checked out the ones in australia but the shipping is so high. and i'm not good with exchange rates either. i'm gonna go to walmart on my way to work friday and if i strike out there it'll be fan made amiibos for me.

i tried to buy from best buy canada and it wont let me. i put them in the cart but when i click the cart it says empty. i checked out the ones in australia but the shipping is so high. and i'm not good with exchange rates either. i'm gonna go to walmart on my way to work friday and if i strike out there it'll be fan made amiibos for me.

How how were the shipping costs for you with Australia? When I placed an order for 25 packs it was actually okay—keep in mind that the price shown is in AUS $ and considerably lower than US $

How how were the shipping costs for you with Australia? When I placed an order for 25 packs it was actually okay—keep in mind that the price shown is in AUS $ and considerably lower than US $
the one i saw before was something like $40 but the link in the first page here was 9.95 for express. weird. but i dont need a whole box and 100 plus is too much for me to spend on cards anyway.

So I went to check to see if Amazon preorders just happened to come back for some reason and was met with this:
F40265A0-B400-4E21-9C75-A6B7E77A8B5B.png

i cannot put into words how enraged I feel right now

So I went to check to see if Amazon preorders just happened to come back for some reason and was met with this: i cannot put into words how enraged I feel right now

There's also the people who make the cards offering preorders that are double the cost of the other series cards. Not only are scalpers crazy and obnoxious, but the fan made people make a killing off of it as well.

There's also the people who make the cards offering preorders that are double the cost of the other series cards. Not only are scalpers crazy and obnoxious, but the fan made people make a killing off of it as well.
This is very true! And it feels especially heinous on Amazon from my own experience. I broke down and purchased (for ≈ $11) what was advertised as a legitimate NA Vivian amiibo card and I got a fake one in the mail. As a collector, I’ve never been so mad in my life. And it feels like it’s just gonna get worse

I saw a listing for series 5 amiibo cards on eBay for $15.00 and it said over 350 sold. First of all, how does this seller have that many to sell, and why are people buying them for 3x retail price??
maybe they have bot securing the pre-orders

So I went to check to see if Amazon preorders just happened to come back for some reason and was met with this: View attachment 408178

i cannot put into words how enraged I feel right now
that’s not even series 5, it’s a scam meant to look like series 5 but it’s actually 5 packs of series 3

believe the link to the real ones was shared here, so if you want to watch that

it stinks how people are taking advantage of others

I love tips like this @saltypotato brilliant!
----------------------------------
Just a reminder for US 🇺🇸 players that the cards have been spotted in Target though ppl may not buy them yet til Nov. 5th and perhaps in other stores too.

This also applies to other countries, you may want to ask stores near you for any info or check them out in person on release day.

*And on a personal note, I may not have the time to check & share updates for the time being since sadly we've had an unexpected death in the family. But I just want to say it's been really cool seeing how we all pool our infos & sharing the links so quickly to help each other 💗
oh no, sending you my deepest condolences @CanuckChick

that’s not even series 5, it’s a scam meant to look like series 5 but it’s actually 5 packs of series 3

believe the link to the real ones was shared here, so if you want to watch that

it stinks how people are taking advantage of others
Man, Even WORSE.
Thanks for the heads up, though :) I’ll check the link and save it.

I wish I was off on friday so I'd have time to run around first thing in the morning cause I know they will be gone in no time. All I can do is go to walmart on my way to work and hope I'm lucky enough to get some.

Back