• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

PSA: The new series 5 amiibo cards pre-order have started!!!

Target had purchase online and pick up in store. I would never have chanced it to just show up given that the ads said there would be limited availability. I understand it’s frustrating, but I think calling it illegal is a stretch. When I went to pick mine up, they had a typed note hanging up limited sales of any card packs to two per customer.

We did because we had even called early to make sure our location was going to sell them and they said they had them and it would be available to pick up at the store during normal opening hours.

The guy just sort of shrugged and apologized. It was a bad day haha.
Could had just been holding them in the back for later to buy when they were off. I remember a group of people who worked a grocer that did that with the case of GoT Oreo cookies. They all pitched in and would profit. Their only profit was eating too many cookies before they went bad and getting sick of them. I laugh at their misfortune whenever I think about situations like this.

People keep talking about resellers getting hosed on their GOT Oreos, can anyone share a link for that? I hadn’t heard about it at all.

do you think this will pose an issue for my partner and me? He bought his own amiibos with his own name and credit card, but we live at the same address. How long did it take for them to cancel one of the orders?
I received an email right away. One minute after to be exact. I checked my cc and they didn't charge me. If you haven't received an email yet, I think you are in the clear. I believe my issue was the exact same name and address despite using different cards.

My husband was able to get another order (30 minutes ago- NOT RIGHT NOW) but I had him us his father's address just in case.

I know I have exhausted my address on Best Buy, so my strategy is use all my in-laws addresses. Glad we all live in the same area. I wanted to move to Utah during the pandemic.

People keep talking about resellers getting hosed on their GOT Oreos, can anyone share a link for that? I hadn’t heard about it at all.
That was me. I mentioned it twice. I just know of the group that bought two cases (as in bulk cases not the packs) and no one took their bait. That's like $300. So they were sitting on them forever and eventually had to eat them before they went bad. Scalping food is a different story. It has an expiration date.

Target had purchase online and pick up in store. I would never have chanced it to just show up given that the ads said there would be limited availability. I understand it’s frustrating, but I think calling it illegal is a stretch. When I went to pick mine up, they had a typed note hanging up limited sales of any card packs to two per customer.

It goes against company policy at most major retailers I know in the US. I suppose that is different than being illegal, but it will risk/lose your job.

Like @saltypotato said though, other countries (and some retailers) have different policies.

Could had just been holding them in the back for later to buy when they were off. I remember a group of people who worked a grocer that did that with the case of GoT Oreo cookies. They all pitched in and would profit. Their only profit was eating too many cookies before they went bad and getting sick of them. I laugh at their misfortune whenever I think about situations like this.

I had no idea they even did a GoT oreo cookie! Yeah I think it’s well deserved. I mean do you see the people selling Mew oreo cookies? It makes me laugh.
Hopefully I can at least get one or two packs for me and my wife. 🥺

🤩 unfortunately the first link does not show me the cards to preorder and in amazon they are out of existence haha but ill surely get some from amazon as doon as they are available again 🤩

I could pre ordered the amiibo cards using same link for Cdiscount but I as soon as they sold out for pre order I think they removed the link.
I think also Cultura is going to sell some of amiibo cards but I am not sure when it will be out or already finished pre order. I just saw about this in this page :

https://tidd.ly/3n9EpG2

Scalping food is a different story. It has an expiration date.
Definitely. There are some YouTubers who do similar things in promoting “Retail Arbitrage”, a fancy name for scalping, and I always wonder what happens to their warehouse filled with “rare” RapChips or whatever lol

question for those that managed to buy from walmart, was there a limit on availability?

also, any fellow UK hunters desperate to get their taters on cards? lol
I got to preorder from Walmart the limit was two. Completely missed the Best Buy ones but at least I will get two. At this point I don’t care about completing the series I really just want a chabwick card.

With the Sanrio cards in the us at least, there were special conditions that made this not illegal or weird at all - they all went on sale online only at the exact same time, which was I think 9 am EST, or 6 am PST, so before the stores in some parts of the country opened.

none of the stores were supposed to stock the cards in store, but some did and those stores that stocked in store also disregarded the pack limit and ended up no fulfilling some online orders.

so it was not in this case weird for the cards to sell out before the store opened (because they officially went on sale before the store was open) and the stores that sold in store ended up causing much more trouble, especially for the poor people who got their orders cancelled.

I am on the west coast and was happy that my order couldn’t be sold out from under me by a store deciding to ignore the instructions (and because I bought them online before the store opened)

sorry @Fey, meant to be replying to you, but must not have quoted your post right. Just wanted to add in the weird circumstances/ mess of the Sanrio fiasco.

Definitely. There are some YouTubers who do similar things in promoting “Retail Arbitrage”, a fancy name for scalping, and I always wonder what happens to their warehouse filled with “rare” RapChips or whatever lol
Educated guess? It becomes a snacking ground for rodents.

That was me. I mentioned it twice. I just know of the group that bought two cases (as in bulk cases not the packs) and no one took their bait. That's like $300. So they were sitting on them forever and eventually had to eat them before they went bad. Scalping food is a different story. It has an expiration date.
I dare say they could have still made money off those - I've seen people sell expired food products from 10+ years for a fairly good sum of money. I've even seen the empty boxes/packets sell for a fair amount! The hardcore collecting scene can get pretty crazy, especially in certain fandoms.

lmao BestBuy just got some in when I refreshed just for the hell of it and it went out in less than a minute.

Wow, I must have gotten lucky. I just randomly decided to grab a pack and pre-ordered one off Best Buy. Not being charged until it ships, though... so we'll see.

I am so sick of dealing with online preorder resale bots. I know this could well be mostly humans, but given how quickly things show up online, I’m also betting bots. *sigh*

I am so sick of dealing with online preorder resale bots. I know this could well be mostly humans, but given how quickly things show up online, I’m also betting bots. *sigh*
Oh it's definitely bots. Could be avoided with most basic capchas.

BestBuy in the states has a link for it and it's listed as "coming soon".

No, it is definitely reseller bots. I knew someone who admitted to being a reseller (basically scalper) and he always flaunted how easy the 50 bots they had were easy to set up.

Back