• We're Celebrating Diversity on TBT! Join our new mini-event this month by making a 3D craft that represents what diversity and inclusivity mean to you. For your hard work, you'll receive a newly released villager collectible and the chance to win the latest addition to our plush series! See the Celebrating Diversity 2024 thread to get started.

PSA: The new series 5 amiibo cards pre-order have started!!!

These bots are something else, i wish the series 1-4 were at least opened since I wanna try and get my hands on a few of them since I never had the chance to before lol
I have a lot of dupes from 1-4 (when Toys R Us was open I found that not very many people looked there) If it's allowed I can see what I have that you might need

I have a lot of dupes from 1-4 (when Toys R Us was open I found that not very many people looked there) If it's allowed I can see what I have that you might need
nah that's ok lol I just like collecting cards ever since pokemon was a thing so when HHD and NL had the amiibos I just wanted to collect em as such and if it were allowed i'd rather someone who really wanted the character to be able to have them instead but ty for thinking about that!

Hey, a quick question. I've actually never opened an AC Amiibo card pack... can the pack themselves contain dupes, or all cards unique per pack?

$5.99 Shipping fee for me, woo! All for expedited shipping costs that'll probably be late anyways!
Isn't that the truth. LOL
Best Buy is ruthless when you see add 4 but really only 3! Really? But I can place 2 more orders for 3 not 4? Okay, yeah. That makes sense. These expedited shipping fees are ridiculous.

Isn't that the truth. LOL
Best Buy is ruthless when you see add 4 but really only 3! Really? But I can place 2 more orders for 3 not 4? Okay, yeah. That makes sense. These expedited shipping fees are ridiculous.

Honestly, that's just Canada Post lol.

That's just what Sméagol said before the ring consumed him. :p

Omg I wish there was a laugh react for this!

But I hope I wouldn’t be corrupted though—I have crazy good willpower when it comes to my own morals. I can hack my game and haven’t given myself a single Bell, item, or villager despite being easily able to.

Omg I wish there was a laugh react for this!

But I hope I wouldn’t be corrupted though—I have crazy good willpower when it comes to my own morals. I can hack my game and haven’t given myself a single Bell, item, or villager despite being easily able to.

Man, I can barely contain myself around a taco. I'd cave in minutes, lol.

Reactions: Fey
Hey, a quick question. I've actually never opened an AC Amiibo card pack... can the pack themselves contain dupes, or all cards unique per pack?
If you do, it's a fluke. Most times you get one special like the shiny first ones (NPC) and 5 villagers. Sometimes I bought 2 packs and got so unlucky to get almost dupes. That sucked lol.

At this point, I’m never going to be able to collect the cards in full. 😭 Scalpers ruin everything.
Nintendo could fix this problem if they just printed more though. I mean I get why they didn't when the Series1-4 and WA set came out years ago. AC was a niche game, but it hit the markets hard (partly due to covid) and is one of their best sellers and well known games. So they need to step up their game. They haven't painted a good picture with the card debacle or their crazy NSO+ membership plans.

At this point, I’m never going to be able to collect the cards in full. 😭 Scalpers ruin everything.

I’m thinking that we’ll still have a good chance at stores—as long as there’s a (small) limit per customer and you’re there when they open, that is.

God I can’t even imagine wanting to go for the full set though. Good luck to you, and anybody else with that goal.

Nintendo could fix this problem if they just printed more though. I mean I get why they didn't when the Series1-4 and WA set came out years ago. AC was a niche game, but it hit the markets hard (partly due to covid) and is one of their best sellers and well known games. So they need to step up their game. They haven't painted a good picture with the card debacle or their crazy NSO+ membership plans.

Oh I agree wholeheartedly. I don’t think it’s smart to make collectible cards of a beloved franchise so scarce. It’s actually devastating to me as I’m not well off but if I delay for even a moment I miss the opportunity to get something I really want.

It’s also extremely disheartening that people go out of their way to ruin others experience just to get a few extra bucks in their pocket, thus making an already hard to come by collection even more expensive and difficult to attain.

All in all, it would be solved as you said, if Nintendo made so many copies that scalpers couldn’t profit and everyone had a fair chance.

Well I've pulled the desperate card after seeing both preorders get sold out so quickly. Going to get my family to check every retailer on the morning of Nov 5th for these damn things haha. Still hoping I can catch any of the preorders though, I need so many packs to complete a collection. 💀

I’m thinking that we’ll still have a good chance at stores—as long as there’s a (small) limit per customer and you’re there when they open, that is.

God I can’t even imagine wanting to go for the full set though. Good luck to you, and anybody else with that goal.

The only problem I see with this, is the stores that will have stock on release are likely retailers who just want money and only see some middle aged man with zero interest in what he's buying willing to buy out the entire shelf and they're just like, "neat, money! Sold!"

Back