• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Post Your Town Map

After WEEKS of resetting, and I mean around thousand resets I found the map I have been searching for
20200704_221054.jpg

After WEEKS of resetting, and I mean around thousand resets I found the map I have been searching for View attachment 282731
LOL THAT'S THE MAP OF MY NL TOWN
AND I DIDN'T RESET ONCE
AND IT'S 7 YEARS OLD BUT STILL
LMAO
Post automatically merged:

my plaza is where the town hall is, and my town hall is where Re-tail is, and Re-tail is right next to the train station to the left

LOL THAT'S THE MAP OF MY NL TOWN
AND I DIDN'T RESET ONCE
AND IT'S 7 YEARS OLD BUT STILL
LMAO

my plaza is where the town hall is, and my town hall is where Re-tail is, and Re-tail is right next to the train station to the left
OMG, WHAT THATS ACTUALLY NOT FAIR LMAFOO

and I thought it was a bad map, guess it's as good as it gets

When I get home in like an hour, I'll take a pic

and I thought it was a bad map, guess it's as good as it gets

When I get home in like an hour, I'll take a pic
Okkkkkk, and it's like the best map ever! On the 3rd or so lage on this thread they has the exact same map and said it was perfect

I know this thread is a day early and a buck short with my lack of map to put here but I know quite a few members have the game and I'd like to see a thread like this. When I get my game on sunday (and i'm done resetting :p) I'll edit this post and add my map. please don't set me on fire mods x_x

Any members who have the game early want to share their town layout? You can include your town fruit and villagers if you'd like.

/edit

Main Town: Viridian
Mayor: Andrea
Fruit: Peaches
Favorite Villager: Winnie :D

lXAuyBy.jpg
Really LOVE this map

I don't know if my map is beautiful or it was a good choice because the river is so long and horizontal. But 3 years ago when I started playing I really liked the river that cut the village in two parts, and then I wanted the station and the town hall both green (then I discovered they could be changed with the fairy, modern or Japanese style, and I think you can also change the original color?)
I started playing seriously only recently, so my village is all bare, I hope to be able to decorate well my village🥺

vpg4cVy.jpg

My town is now two almost three weeks old.
I had another town before but I really hated the layout and house placement. So I resetted and really imagined I would reset forever to find a map I like. Altough the first map Rover showed me, I was like OMG that's it.
I also looked trough the other three layouts there was another which was also okay. But no that was absolute fate xD

IMG_20201221_221956620.jpg
Pros:
- Curvy River which is cutting trough town. I really don't like to much space to myself because I am not that creative. In New Horizons half my town is just not even developed because I don't have any ideas. So I prefer less land with a few spaces to really work with.
- My house placement. It is right in the middle of the map. I am even thinking about destroying the upper bridge. I don't really need it since I build that diagonal bridge next to my house. Altough it has a nice line from the train station to the first ramp. I will keep it I think. It was the starting bridge so I don't need to bother.
- Plaza is off to the side. I know most want there plaza to be in the middle but I actually think it is better to the side.
- Long beach. This was a absolute must have for me. I had that split beach before and it was so annoying.
- Holding pond is not in a corner. I hate the look of that in New Leaf. Most times holding ponds in the corner look so weird.
- Cherrys are native fruit. Because in New Horizons I have oranges and in Wild World there peaches I just wanted a different fruit. I am not picky about it. I would also not reset for it, but it is a nice to have.
- Where I want to build the café. It will be where the blue house is at the moment. I wanted to test if I could even put it there and now it is there to reserve the place. I want the narow land to have a café outside of some sort. I already put a bench there.
- The town hall placement is so perfect for my house placement. I am separrated from it but it is still not to far. Just like I would want my actual work to be :D
-The gyroid will be my police station and that placement is also perfect. Soon when it will be build I can just walk other there and ask about special visitors right away. So I don't need to run all the way to the plaza on the side.
- I like the pond next to my house and the one above the town hall. I want to make a well there and also it will be my backyard of some sort.
- None of my rocks are in a place where I need to work around. So I am really happy. I prefer one line paths because it is easier to place and so I don't have much to worry about them.
- The bottom narrow stripe of land will be a camping area. I am planning on making it really big.

Cons:
- The one pond next to Re-Tail tho... is blocking the hole entrance to the campside. It is annoying. But I will somehow work around it. It is like the only real flaw so I will live with that imperfection.
- The waterfall near the beach is a bit hard to see. But it will work better ones I get the wet suit for town. I can totally life with that there aren't that many fish strictly to the waterfall so why should I bother.
- Tangy which plotted her house underneath the train station like why. Even if she would be my most wanted villager ever no. I will plot reset for the next villagers though. I just don't wanted to bother with the starters and if I like one of them I could make it work. So yea she will move ot as soon as possible. e.e Also the two which live directly above my house will go too. I already made a map plan.

As you can see, this was just fate. My absolute dream map withing the first try. And the few flawes are just life. Nobody is perfect :D

IMG_20201221_222009777.jpg
This is my map plan so far. I think not everything will work out like I drew it. But for the most part I will work to get that. Still thinking about just demolishing that bridge tho. Because the two houses on the side which are below each other are so out of place to all the others. Than I could just put them at that corner. I will do just do it. If it is to annoying I will just place another bridge somewhere else. Mostly next to the camping area.

Well that is for my first post and also dusting of this thread xD I think I will also do this with my other maps.

Last edited:
I started a new town and this is my map!
ED4ABE5A-7D47-40BE-9B1F-A1F4A7BC5DC0.jpeg

I didn’t want to shuffle through a bunch of maps and have to go through the opening Rover chat tons, so I picked the one i liked best from the first 4. I like how the town is split in half (I think my other town is divided up similarly, at least in the way of it being a horizontal vs vertical river!) and I have a ramp for both beaches, something I don’t have in my other save.

My town fruit is cherries which I’m happy with! If it had been pears or oranges I might’ve debated resetting as I don’t like the way those perfect fruits look. The little grass pattern I have are squares! 🥰

I really like your ponds and the house placement :D That corner looks really comfy.

Aww thank you! I thought it was a good spot too. I think when Tipper moves out (at least I think that’s Tipper in the house across the river from mine) I’ll put the campsite there!

The only pond I’m not crazy about is the one right below my train station but oh well.

Sorry for the crappy picture but this is mine
IMG_20210309_154442.jpg

Pretty nice, I'd say! I like where the town hall is, and the train station, and Re-Tail, because it's like an easy little triangle I can go back and forth in, and my house I placed not depending on that because I was a newbie and hadn't even noticed yet, so it's pretty great that everything is so close by.
I like the plaza placement, too, because it's like a sort of adventure to get there and not be distracted along the way, and it has a nice reward of seeing the daily visitor if they set up a tent.
One thing I don't like is the placement of all the houses right by the bridge. It's a little cluttered, but there's more space than you'd expect, so that's nice. Unfortunately there are a lot of trees and flowers there and I'm too lazy to clear them, so the bridge can be a bit of a pain.
Overall I'm pretty happy with the map, would love to hear your guys' thoughts!

... How the *** did you get to screenshot your map?! Isn't it in the lower screen? o_O
Not only that, but it looks so clear and smooth!
When you go to Isabelle and ask for demolishing public work projects the map will be on the top screen so you can just make a photo there (and don't demolish anything). This you can drag on your PC via the SD Card.

When you go to Isabelle and ask for demolishing public work projects the map will be on the top screen so you can just make a photo there (and don't demolish anything). This you can drag on your PC via the SD Card.
I had moved a lot of pics from the card to my PC, that part I knew. But oohhh, the other thing it's a smart trick! :D Can't believe I've played so many years and never noticed. Thank you so much for telling me!

af8d52054082d414cb74ac8441e6d67f502e1380.jpg
f6bb2c77f90164b5eb334b384f1f406a8a115f74.png

Here's my town! First pic is how it looks like currently. I moved most of the houses with homebrew though, so I tried to look up if I had a picture back when it was on a clean state. That one (the second pic) is kinda old and I had lots of move-ins and move-outs since then, but I guess it's better than nothing.
I'm kinda sad I had to change the cool long pond next to re-tail because I wanted to remove the rock pavement though, it made a nice corner.... But after 5 ACNL I'm finally starting to like one of my towns, I started it this autumn, I can't wait to see how it will look in spring (my entire decor is pink)

5c0e23aceec3a56a91315ed2cbc60f6a852cc9ae.jpg

Also shoutout to my previous town, I really liked this map and the houses ended up surprisingly lined up without a single plot reset, I kinda miss this town, but I wanted to change the town's and mayor's names (they were fandom-themed) and it was before I jailbreaked my 3DS, so I had to reset..

Back