• Guest, you are invited to participate in designing an upcoming community Balloon collectible for release in a future forum event! Click here for more details.
  • It's coming back by popular demand! The Bell Tree World Championship! After three years, our grand gaming event will return on May 18th with ten Nintendo Switch games to play, both competitively and casually. Signups for the event are now open as explained in the new Bell Tree World Championship 2024 thread!

Poll: Do you have a fear of flying?

Are you scared of flying?

• Yes, definetly!

Votes: 34 27.0%
  • No, not at all.

Votes: 92 73.0%

• Total voters
When I was growing up I was scared of flying (my family and I traveled a lot during my childhood). I'm 17 now and I don't really have a fear of flying anymore, I love traveling. I just hate really long international flights as my butt hurts and the airplane is cramped :c
I still have a fear of heights though.

I enjoy the experience, but the night before flying I can never sleep because I always worry about crashing and dying which isn't a pleasant thing to think about. I know chances of crashing are tiny and dying even smaller, but I always think about whether I'll be in the tiny minority.

not really but like... even though I've rode airplanes many times now, they never fail to make me sick/have a massive headache to the point that I wanna throw up.. especially the take-off and landing ugh

Not scared of flying, but I get incredibly motion sick on planes, I spend most of the trip throwing up in the bathroom (**** barf bags)

I guess it is kinda of a fear, since one of my fears is being sick in public, but I just go to the bathroom and it seems fine. But yeah, I don't really have a problem with flying itself.

I feel sick just thinking about it, I would use the train to go on holiday but its just so expensive. I always try to sleep before the plane takes off otherwise i'll have a panic attack/cry ;__;

I don't mind being in the air but having to go through safety drills every single time is annoying. I know they have to be done for people who don't know what to do in an emergency, but if you fly a lot it gets very boring. I'd rather be bored than being scared of flying though.

Going through luggage drop-off and security checks is very tedious too. I get searched almost every time. Hopefully I just happen to get caught in the random checks rather than it being because I look suspicious lol

No. I don't. I've been to Arkansas and back twice which is about an hour flight and was totally fine. I've also been to England and back twice which is about a 9-10 hour flight (depends on air conditions and what not) and felt fine. It's odd though, because I do have a small fear of heights, but not enough to where it makes me incapable of going up to high places or flying.

This is kind of a tangent, but I flew for the first time when I was in my early 20s and had so much time to build up a healthy fear of it. Yet, when the time came and the plane lifted up, I started laughing. I was FLYING THROUGH THE AIR. It just seemed so absurd!

Same with me! I was terrified of it. I flew for the first time for my 21st birthday to go to Vegas. I did my first international flight a few years later and now I'm not scared at all.

I've never been in an airplane before, so I can't really say. I mean the thought doesn't bother me really. If I'm on a plane and it goes down, then oh well. Gonna die some day anyway.

Nope, I've been on aeroplanes multiple times per year throughout my life. It doesn't bother me at all and never has.

I don’t have a fear of flying as my entire life I have been flying around the world and loving those trips! Since I was about 1yr old my family were already flying around and having nice holidays. I am also an Aerospace student so I can’t really have a fear or I can’t do anything in the sky for Aerospace such as an Air Force pilot!

Nope! Flown half war around the word about 8 times now I think. I go all around my country and travel a lot but thanks to this COVID I haven’t been able to...

Not at all. However, I've only flew a handful of times in my life and they've all been short trips (<2 hours). I don't really mind flying at all, despite being terrified of heights lol.

I mean, sorta yea? I don’t like looking outside the window while in the air (I flew once years ago). I haven’t had enough experience flying though so I cannot say 100%.

I mean, I wouldn't say I'm totally chill during an airplane ride but I'm not panicking either. It makes me a little nervous.

I’ve flown since I baby and I’m still absolutely terrified. The worst experience was the turbulences on the way back from holiday as there was a hurricane I had so many panic attacks it was horrendous

Back