Pokémon Pokémon Scarlet and Pokémon Violet General Discussion

A new distribution has been announced. Starting on December 14th, you'll be able to get a Master Ball from the Mystery Gift -> Receive via Internet feature in the game. This will run from December 14th through January 3rd 2024

IMG_1899.png

Post automatically merged:

The next Mass Outbreak event has been announced for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet. This event will feature a focus on the Pokémon Flabébé, Litwick and Milcery, with an increased chance
Flabébé can be found in Paldea
Litwick can be found in Kitakami
Milcery can be found in the Terarium from December 14th
This event will run from 00:00 UTC on December 8th through 23:59 UTC on December 21st 2023

IMG_1898.png

The next Tera Raid Battle event has been announced for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet This event will feature a focus on the Pokémon Dialga if you play Pokémon Scarlet or Palkia if you play Pokémon Violet. These will be in 5 Star Raids. You can only catch one per save file
This event will run from 00:00 UTC on December 8th through 23:59 UTC on December 21st 2023

IMG_1897.png

A new distribution has begun. This distribution is of a Darkrai with the moves Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Hypnosis and Dream Eater and is obtained with the code: NEWM00N1SC0M1NG. It runs until December 21st at 23:59 UTC

IMG_1896.png

A new distribution has begun. This distribution is of a Shiny Lucario with the moves Flash Cannon, Aura Sphere, Bullet Punch and Ice Punch and is obtained with the code: SH1NYBUDDY. It runs until January 3rd 2024 at 23:59 UTC

IMG_1895.png

Last edited:
I'm so going for that Lucario on my violet cartridge! the line is one of my favorites and I even have a shiny Lucario OC that I made (may share backstory later). As for Darkrai, I may get it solely because the Rise of Darkrai movie is tied for my favorite Pokemon movie with Destiny Deoxys.

News for Indigo Disk has been announced!

From Serebii:

"The latest news for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet Hidden Treasures of Area Zero DLC has been released.

Once players progress far enough in their adventure in The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero Part 2: The Indigo Disk, they’ll be able to use a device called the Synchro Machine to see the world through the eyes of their Pokémon. While synchronized with one of their Pokémon, they’ll be able to move around and battle wild Pokémon—a fresh new way to play the game. It appears that this device is still a prototype. Players will be able to use it once they’ve helped a scientist in the Terarium with her research.
Players will also be able to get permanent powers of flight with Koraidon and Miraidon as they complete more of the DLC
You can find Legendary Pokémon by completing Blueberry Quests and earning Snacks from Snacksworth to gain encounters back in Paldea
Blueberry Quests are tasks assigned to you from students and help you earn Blueberry Points. These include catching Pokémon, battling, taking photos and more.

After talking with coaches, you can trade Pokémon with them that will have a special Ribbon, the Partner Ribbon which has a title containing the name of the original trainer such as Iono."

Of course they’d do a shiny Lucario distribution right after I got a random shiny Riolu in the Teal Mask and fully evolved and trained him. Rip.

In all seriousness though I don’t typically keep shiny Pokemon that are just given out unless otherwise unobtainable. I just prefer to earn them myself. I’ll still pick up the free Lucario but I’ll likely give him to someone who is bummed they missed out on the event after it ends.

I look forward to the Darkrai distribution though. Sure I already have all mythicals for my collection but I don’t touch those. I like getting extras to mess around with. That and many people have missed out on the older distributions so here’s another chance to get one.

ooh, Synchro Machine info! I am def gonna use it with the event Lucario once I get it. and maybe I'll start a union circle for a reenactment of my OC's backstory (for context, my Pokemon OC's are a Shiny Lucario, an Incineroar and a Machoke, all with names, personalities and unique, very illegal movesets. also, they're brothers).

Well the distributions are pretty much useless for me considering I have not one, but TWO shiny Lucarios, and one of them is EV/IV trained (it is my favorite Pokemon after all). I also have a Darkrai and most all of the other Pokemon listed already, and I'm not a collector, so...

Excited about the other news though.

News for Indigo Disk has been announced!

From Serebii:

"The latest news for Pokémon Scarlet & Violet Hidden Treasures of Area Zero DLC has been released.

Once players progress far enough in their adventure in The Hidden Treasure of Area Zero Part 2: The Indigo Disk, they’ll be able to use a device called the Synchro Machine to see the world through the eyes of their Pokémon. While synchronized with one of their Pokémon, they’ll be able to move around and battle wild Pokémon—a fresh new way to play the game. It appears that this device is still a prototype. Players will be able to use it once they’ve helped a scientist in the Terarium with her research.
Players will also be able to get permanent powers of flight with Koraidon and Miraidon as they complete more of the DLC
You can find Legendary Pokémon by completing Blueberry Quests and earning Snacks from Snacksworth to gain encounters back in Paldea
Blueberry Quests are tasks assigned to you from students and help you earn Blueberry Points. These include catching Pokémon, battling, taking photos and more.

After talking with coaches, you can trade Pokémon with them that will have a special Ribbon, the Partner Ribbon which has a title containing the name of the original trainer such as Iono."
More clarifications from Serebii about DLC2:

"With Blueberry Points earned through Blueberry Quests you can get support for a variety of elements in the League Club. One such example is using 3,000 BP to increase the amount of Pokémon that appear in specific areas of the Terarium.
You will be able to invite 23 people to the League Club and it will cost BP to do it.
The Synchro Machine can be used with any Pokémon in the game, including flying Pokémon to the point that if you go off a ledge as a flying Pokémon, the Pokémon will remain in flight and not fall down.
Legendary Pokémon such as Rayquaza appear at Level 70 and the music matches their appearance in prior games, such as Rayquaza having the theme Battle! Super Ancient Pokémon."

Um i wasn't sure where to ask this but today i transferred my account and everything to my new switch lite had to go to the library too do it so my account isn't on the old console anymore and i mean everything went well anyway when i booted up Pokemon Violet ( Physical copy ) to fast travel back to Kitakami i wasn't able to so i'm currently stuck in Paldea and the green check from the DLC is gone. Went to the Eshop to see if maybe i could redownload it but the option isn't there only thing it says it's purchased. Can anyone please help me i'll be forever grateful the Indigo Disk is fast approaching and i'm panicking 😭😭😭😭 Not sure if this helps i only have Violet i don't have Scarlet oh i also forgot to mention that Pokemon Violet is updated to the current version and everything so i really have no clue what happened.

Last edited:
Um i wasn't sure where to ask this but today i transferred my account and everything to my new switch lite had to go to the library too do it so my account isn't on the old console anymore and i mean everything went well anyway when i booted up Pokemon Violet ( Physical copy ) to fast travel back to Kitakami i wasn't able to so i'm currently stuck in Paldea and the green check from the DLC is gone. Went to the Eshop to see if maybe i could redownload it but the option isn't there only thing it says it's purchased. Can anyone please help me i'll be forever grateful the Indigo Disk is fast approaching and i'm panicking 😭😭😭😭 Not sure if this helps i only have Violet i don't have Scarlet oh i also forgot to mention that Pokemon Violet is updated to the current version and everything so i really have no clue what happened.
Have you tried searching the DLC in EShop? If not I don’t know

Have you tried searching the DLC in EShop? If not I don’t know
Yeah i did try the DLC in the Eshop and all it said it was purchased there was no option to redownload i mean i don't know what i'm gonna do cause my account and Pokemon Violet + DLC are all on my new switch lite there's nothing on my old one and also i did the transfer at the library cause it was a hotpot and that was my only option i don't wanna go all the way back up there to try to transfer back to my old switch too see if that works and all for the DLC still not be there. So i'm looking for a solution that i can do from my home and i'm not tech savvy and not comfortable nor confident enough to mess with my modem/router cause ain't nobody gonna be here at my house for the aftermath if something were to go wrong i don't care how allegedly easy it is so i don't want that suggestion cause i just know someone will suggest that . This is ridiculous cause i was told that since the dlc is tied to my account and if i ever got another switch which i did end up doing it'll still be there as long as i used the same account and everything well clearly not i mean all of my progress is fine and still there but the green check is gone and now i'm mad so i pretty much spent $59.99 dollars might as well say $ 60 on this game and $35 for the dlc for this happen so now i can't play The Indigo Disk like everybody else when it comes out i don't care who's responsible Nintendo , GameFreak or The Pokemon Company sorry for the language but i'm pissed and there's nothing i can about it either come on. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Yeah i did try the DLC in the Eshop and all it said it was purchased there was no option to redownload i mean i don't know what i'm gonna do cause my account and Pokemon Violet + DLC are all on my new switch lite there's nothing on my old one and also i did the transfer at the library cause it was a hotpot and that was my only option i don't wanna go all the way back up there to try to transfer back to my old switch too see if that works and all for the DLC still not be there. So i'm looking for a solution that i can do from my home and i'm not tech savvy and not comfortable nor confident enough to mess with my modem/router cause ain't nobody gonna be here at my house for the aftermath if something were to go wrong i don't care how allegedly easy it is so i don't want that suggestion cause i just know someone will suggest that . This is ridiculous cause i was told that since the dlc is tied to my account and if i ever got another switch which i did end up doing it'll still be there as long as i used the same account and everything well clearly not i mean all of my progress is fine and still there but the green check is gone and now i'm mad so i pretty much spent $59.99 dollars might as well say $ 60 on this game and $35 for the dlc for this happen so now i can't play The Indigo Disk like everybody else when it comes out i don't care who's responsible Nintendo , GameFreak or The Pokemon Company sorry for the language but i'm pissed and there's nothing i can about it either come on. 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

Welp that i didn't work i did appreciate it though but i scrolled down on the Eshop it says a different console is registered as the primary one big problem all my account info is on the new switch so i can't deregister that one and make my new switch the primary user 😭😭😭😭😭
Sorry I don’t know anything else

Sorry I don’t know anything else
It's okay don't feel bad i guess push come to shove i'll make a new user with a fresh account and start from the beginning and as soon as i'm able repurchase the DLC and NSO as well on there cause i'm not deleting my main account i'll just hang out in Paldea again thank you for the help ❤

Pokemon HOME update from Serebii:

"Pokémon HOME is to undergo maintenance on December 14th at 00:00 UTC until 06:00 UTC on December 15th. This maintenance coincides with the Version 3.2.1 update which will release for Nintendo Switch which will likely have connectivity to Pokémon Scarlet & Violet for The Indigo Disk."

Expect datamines to happen some time before or around this time so if you don't want to be spoiled please be aware of this.

I know they said an increased chance at finding shinies in the mass outbreaks, but dang! I've thus far obtained 9 shiny Flabébés over the course of just two days. I didn't even complete all of the outbreaks on those days either! If shinies are your thing and you haven't tried it yet, you should go for it.

As a side note, I am once again extremely grateful for the people responsible for implementing a block on shinies during auto-battle - there wasn't a single one I identified as shiny without it.

Back