Pokémon Pokemon Go: Rare/good catches & sightings

I caught a Dewgong today as I was passing a field near my old high school. I don't know if that's considered rare, but I had never seen one before, so I was pretty excited! :)

I caught a Scyther with 593 CP yesterday near the bay front of my town; it's now the best Pokemon I have so far!

Last edited:
I restarted my character and I have gotten much better luck lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Are nests an actual thing or is it just a term you used for a large concentration of hitmonchan in one area?

Nests definitely exist. See the link below for evidence. Basically, there are areas where uncommon/rare pokemon occasionally spawn, but it is very intermittent. For example, there's a park near where I live that people have been catching Omanyte, which is one of the rarer wild Pokemon to see. However, it seems like at most 1 or 2 spawns per day in this park... still more than other areas but by no means a "nest". Then you have areas like where I got these Hitmonchan... at any given time there would be 2-4 on your radar. It would be impossible to go half an hour without running into 1 or 2. Although you can see Hitmonchan occasionally in other places, it's nowhere close to this rate of spawning. And that is what makes it a nest.

https://www.reddit.com/r/TheSilphRoad/comments/4ujm48/the_global_nest_atlas_join_us_in_mapping_the/

Last edited:
I restarted my character and I have gotten much better luck lol.

- - - Post Merge - - -

Are nests an actual thing or is it just a term you used for a large concentration of hitmonchan in one area?

I've thought about starting a new character but it's taken me so long just to get where I am now and I'm only level 18 lol

So I caught a WILD Jolteon today while I was inside my house. I literally started up the app and saw the jolteon shadow with 3 steps on it and I was getting ready to go outside to look for it but it ended up spawning to me instead. My boyfriend started up the app when I told him I saw it and he managed to catch it too. I'm so happy lol.

I managed to catch a Haunter just across the street from our local library. It had 203 CP, which is really quite a lot for the point I'm at right now.

The hill I live on also tends to get a lot of Squirtles and even Wartortle, but I've never encountered any of them, sadly. Oh, well. One day.

I've got some good ones ;) I've got a snorlax cp 1700 ish, I also hatched a porygon today. Caught 3 Scythers and I've also caught a couple of kadabras, a haunter, a magmar and a tauros. I so luv this game.

I've got some good ones ;) I've got a snorlax cp 1700 ish, I also hatched a porygon today. Caught 3 Scythers and I've also caught a couple of kadabras, a haunter, a magmar and a tauros. I so luv this game.

1700 snorlax is pretty legit!

Onix
Dratini
Omanyte
Kabuto
Magmar
Kabutops

I think these are rare worldwide but I have other pokemon that would be considered rare in some countries. I still haven't got a 10 km egg tho so I can't get any of the other rare pokemon its so annoying DX

Don't think it's rare but I caught a Dewgong this morning! It's so cute :>

image.jpg

Holy!! Congrats!

Hatched a 535 cp Magmar from 10km egg.

I hatched an Onix from my first 10km egg. I got a Magnemite from an egg as well, prob isn't that rare but it's one of my fave Pokes so idc. I also finally caught a Squirtle even tho I've seen quite a few in my radar.

Back