• Happy Earth Week! TBT is hosting a series of nature-based mini-events through April 28th. Breed flower hybrids by organizing your collectible lineup, enter our nature photography contest, purchase historically dated scenery collectibles, and earn bells around the site! Read more in the Earth Week and photography contest threads.

Please help me find a relaxing game

oneinamelon91

Bells
Hi guys, I'm desperately searching a game to spend some time relaxing...

I created tons of posts asking what I could play, but I always received the same answers: "stardew valley" and "minecraft".

I tried lots of crafting/farming games, but after some days I drop them because I find them boring or they don't attract my attention. I feel really bad because videogames are important to me and a good way to spend some of my free time so it's frustrating that I can't find a game to enjoy.

I'll try to write some points that I'm searching in a game, hoping that someone will give me some advice:

- relaxing game: this is the most important thing for me. I easily rage quit games if they become too difficult, so I'm searching somethig not too difficult, but at the same time not boring.
- games where you collect stuff: I LOVE collecting things i games! I always have problems with inventories because I always collect every single item that I find while playing.
Slime Rancher was one od my favourite games cause you can collect all the different slimes
- no battles (or easy ones). I would prefer to not have battles, but if they are easy, it's ok.
- no turn based battles. I tried tons of RPGs with turn based games but I'm really bad at them and I don't like them (the only one I enjoyed were Pokemon and Yo-kai Watch)
- no stamina or hunger. Unless they are easy to "recover", I hate them because they give me lot of anxiety.
- not too complicated
- it's better if they are for PS4 or Switch. I work lots of hours on PC so I don't like to play with it, but if you have something good to recommend, it's ok if it's for pc!
(I have wii, wii u and 3ds too, but I prefer PS4 and Switch if possible)

This is a list of games that I enjoyed a lot and I completed:
- Every Animal Crossing game before New Horizons
- Slime Rancher
- Deiland
- Littlewood
- Island Saver
- Pokepark
- Fantasy Life
- Ever Oasis
- Lego City Undercover
- Yonder: the cloud catcher
- Dragon Quest Builders
- Tearaway Unfolded

(I obviously enjoyed other games, but I'm writing the ones similar to the game I'm searching for)

And games I tried but I didn't like/I quitted after some time:
-Stardew Valley
-Minecraft
-Doraemon Story of Seasons
-Story of Seasons
-Lego Worlds
-Portal Knights
-The Sims
-Farming Simulator
-Harvest Moon
- My time at portia
- Little Dragons Cafè

I hope you will help me to find a new game, because I seriously feel so bad. My life is really stressfull right now and I really need to sit and play some time without being stressed even while I play a game.
Sorry again fro my bad english and thanks in advice for the help and for the time you took to read the post.

If you have some questions, just let me know.

Last edited:
Here are my recommendations:

A Short Hike - PC, but very chill!
Moonlighter
AER Memories Of Old
Snake Pass
Milkmaid of the Milky Way
Pikuniku
The Stillness of the Wind
House Flipper
Poi

I hope you'll find something you like. :)
Thanks for taking the time to answer and even link every game you mentioned :)

I'll directly answer to the list:
-A Short Hike: I already played it. I really loved the style of the game and I played a lot of hours, but (maybe cause it is on PC) I lost interest and I didn't finish it
- Moonlighter: combat seems a but combats scares me a little bit. Are they easy?
- Aer Memories of Old: It seems really cool, I'll give it a try in the future :)
- Snake Pass: It seems fun, but a bit confusional, so I think it doesn't fit the game I'm searching for now
- Milkmaid of the Milky Way: never saw this game :eek: It seems really cool!
- Pikuniku: this seems really fun, but a bit confusional... But I'm really curious to try it!
- The stillness of the wind: even if this one seems relaxing, It seems too slow peaced
- House flipper: this reminds me of The Sims. I like to decorate, but I think that I'm already decorating too much with New Horizons XD
- Poi Explorer: it gives me lots of Mario 64 vibes (game that I really love). Even if it doesn't fit my "requirements", I'll give it a try because it seems fun!

Thanks again for your answer :)

I'm not a huge gamer by any means, so I can only recommend 2 games
-Super Mario Odyssey (A LOT of stuff to collect, boss fights are challenging enough - usually on the easier side, A LOT of stuff to collect, theres plenty of areas to explore, A LOT of stuff to collect)

-Untitled Goose game (You have a list of tasks/to-do list, can be a bit boring for some ppl, so you'll have to decide for yourself)

Yooka-Laylee - If you like Super Mario Odyssey as abovementioned then you will like this too! Super mario odyssey sounds like your type of game tho! Collecting stuff!

- Moonlighter: combat seems a but combats scares me a little bit. Are they easy?

- The stillness of the wind: even if this one seems relaxing, It seems too slow peaced

- House flipper: this reminds me of The Sims. I like to decorate, but I think that I'm already decorating too much with New Horizons XD

Moonlighter is pretty easy (especially with bow and arrow), I beat the last two dungeons on my first try and I didn't even upgrade my weapons. Your only struggle is not having the right equipment which can easily be avoided when you like a good grind. The shopkeeping and the story makes it much more relaxing imo. Like there's not anything going on that forces you to get to the end, you just explore dungeons and go as far as you dare. You can leave at any moment and just focus on running your shop for the day.

The Stillness of the Wind should be about 3 hours long iirc, it's more an artsy game with relaxing gameplay. Definitely a one and done kinda deal, so it might not be that appropiate to buy on the Switch though now that I think about it.

House Flipper I thought would be relaxing because you're cleaning, imo it feels a lot different because you're walking through the house yourself and there aren't really many options for furniture. It's more about cleaning, painting and destroying/building rooms. It's been a while since I played, but iirc you really only need to place essentials to buyers will want the place. It's just nice to clean virtually. :D

For 3DS systems, Nintendogs+Cats. Or if you can find the original Nintendogs for DS that too. Basically you raise virtual doggies (or cats). You can train them, take them for walks and enter contests, doggie stuff. In terms of collecting, it would be hard. There are variants of items like leashes and some other stuff, but you have to get those gifted to you by Streetpass I think with other players who have a game different from yours. For example I have Chihuahua and friends. In order to get a different leash colour I need some one from Dalmation, Lab or another breed game to gift me that item. But other than that, it's a cute game, not meant for long play periods, can be boring if you play for too long in one sitting.

For Wii or Switch, Go Vacation. For the Switch it's basically the same game as the original Wii version. I super love this game. You play a bunch of mini games like horse back riding, racing sleighs, ATVs, shooting clay disks, kayaking, dog sleigh, scavenger hunts around the island. If you play enough games you unlock stuff for your villa, your house basically. If competing against CPUs arent your thing, you can complete little goals like 'sprint on horseback for 1000 meters', complete stunts and do flips on your ATV, go find all the photo spots, find all the off map locations. In the Switch version they added the 'find all the resort animals'. Each resort has animals that live there like hawks, reindeer, polar bears, toucans, beavers, ect... It's really good if you arent into competition, plus it still gives you stuff to do.

Hi! I have some game recommendations but they're not like really games, if you know what I mean. They're like things you can have playing in the background just to chill to! I don't really play too much so sorry if these games aren't your thing. Sorry that these are PC games! I couldn't really think of anything for console!
Kind Words
Everything
Aer Memories of Old
Human: Fall Flat (also on Switch I believe!)
Cities: Skylines (Pretty fun to mess around with)
Steam games are on sale right now so the prices are super low right now too!

Back